In alot of mental pain

Please help don’t know what to do all I can do is cry can’t even concentrate

8 Likes

I am going to say something that you might not want to hear. You need to talk to a licensed counselor, or psychologist. We can do our parts by praying/ advocating to our deities, banishing spells, and being here to listen. But you need to talk to someone who is trained in mental health and pain.

We are here for you

6 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that you are in pain. Sometimes, you need to cry it out to feel better but if you want help, what do you want right now? Do you want to tell us what is going on or just be here for you?

We are here for you!

if you are really uncomfortable, you can try this grounding technique that might help.

Take some slow breaths. You can take your time with this. I know when you are crying it can be hard to stop. Just focus on your breath. It is okay if it takes a few times.

Put your feet flat on the floor and your palms flat on your thighs. Press your feet into the floor and press your palms down on your thighs, firmly. Don’t hurt yourself, just try pressing down and breathing.

Look around the room and say out loud the colors you see or name 5 things you see. Don’t try to concentrate or anything. Just do it as simply as you can.

If you feel you are calming down a little, you can try listening for 3 things you hear.

There is more to it but I think keeping it simple would be best. This is called grounding. You can also try hugging a pillow or something soft, drinking something warm, like tea, or eating something, like some bread and peanut butter or something you like.

If you are in the U.S., you can text 741741 right now and talk to a free, trained counselor. It is anonymous. I have done it and it helped me a lot.

6 Likes

Oh goodness, @keela- are you doing okay now? I am so sorry to hear you were in pain and I pray whatever it what has already passed and that you are doing much better! :heart:

If not, and the pain is still serious- please call for emergency help! A lot of very serious health problems can manifest through head pain, and it never hurts to get it checked out. It may not be, but it’s important to rule these things out, and sometimes peace of mind knowing you are safe can help to alleviate panic and anxiety and lessen mental distress (as someone with anxiety prone to panic, I’m speaking from the heart here)

When you are sure it is not an emergency, would you be able to explain a bit more about what kind of head pain you are suffering from? I am happy to share any advice I can give you (be it magickal or mundane) once I know how to direct it- are you dealing with headaches or migraines :face_with_head_bandage: , pain from an injury :adhesive_bandage: , anxiety :scream:, depression :sob:, or something else?

Again, if you are not sure what is causing the pain- a medical professional will be your biggest help right now :pray: Once you are sure what it causing it, you’ll be in a much better position to begin finding ways to handle and treat the situation.

I really do hope you are feeling better now, Keela! You are in my thoughts! :candle::heart:

6 Likes

@keela I’m sorry that you are in this place. I have been there, quite recently actually.

Some things that helped me before I enlisted the help of a licensed therapist & a psychiatrist. Breathing & focusing on breathing in through the nose, hold, out through the mouth but make sure you are pursing your lips when you blow or sigh out the breath. Just focus on the breath & in, hold, out, hold.

Engage your five senses…in the hectic of the crying spell, open your eyes (you can do this with tears in your eyes) 1 thing you can see, 1 thing you can touch, 1 thing you can smell, 1 thing you can hear, & if possible 1 thing you can taste.

Write an email or letter to no one. Everything that is running through your brain needs to go somewhere or it’s going to linger. Write or type it out. All of it. Doesn’t matter what or to who because then you can burn it, bury it, delete it. It will get the energy out.

Talk to someone & get it out, just have them listen & not try to solve anything just listen to you. It doesn’t have to make sense to them. (This is where I struggle & default to letters & emails to no one)

If this has been going on for some time, my therapist told me, crying is good, it’s cleansing, but not when it interferes with your ability to function throughout the day or concentrate or focus. If it’s been more than a couple of days, @flowing is right, you should seek out professional help.

Everyone’s situation is different.

:warning: Trigger Warning I went from Christmas Eve straight through to the beginning of February crying multiple times I day, nothing made sense, I didn’t know who I was, I didn’t feel a connection to anyone or anything. At least 1 usually 2 but up to 3 or 4 crying breakdowns a day where it was like my brain suddenly didn’t know a thing about anything & nothing made sense. You get to a place where it’s like it just won’t stop & everything, EVERYTHING is a trigger.

I was able to use strategies from the coven that I have learned through reading people’s experiences & I got some new ones for my coping toolbox. There is an app “Insight Timer” that has thousands of FREE meditations that are guided for just about any topic. You can pick the topic, length, however, you want to filter it.

If it has been more than 1 or 2 days, please call for licensed help. It will make a difference & you can use your craft & things that you learn to cope in your craft.

7 Likes

Dear heart, I go with everyone else in seeking a trained counselor. It’s difficult to start out with, but they can help untangle the knots your brain has left your heart in.

You’ve gotten some good advice here, so I’ll leave it be at that. Just know that I am thinking of you and seeing you good vibes. Hopefully, with help, you’ll start to feel better soon.

Blessed be.

6 Likes

@keela I hope you are feeling better today. Depression/anxiety/mental pain are all so hard to go through. I stand with everyone else in suggesting you seek help from a psychiatrist, psychologist, a social worker, or a therapist right away. Also, if you can, and are close to your family (or partner), find someone you can tell this to. It is important that someone you love and trust knows that you are going through this. Someone needs to be able to tell you if you are a danger to yourself, and you need to be able to tell someone if you are in danger.
Tell your negative thoughts that they are nothing but lies and to go away. You are not alone, we are with you.

6 Likes

If you need to talk, I’m a message away. I lost my son’s dad less than a year ago and I cry every single day. I am in therapy for grieving and writing in a journal to try to keep my sanity. I know how it feels to feel SO MUCH mental pain. Just remember, there are people here. I do recommend, if you cannot stop crying and feeling down like that, from my experience, seeing my doctor has gotten me towards the right path and therapy is helping. I hope you start to feel the mental pain relief, because I understand what it feels like to not feel it ease up at allllll most days. Hang in there! :slight_smile:

5 Likes