Intro post - I'm a new member

Hello Everyone,

I’m Andrea, originally from Hungary, now living in London, UK with my fiance and son. I’m so thrilled to be here! I’ve recently bought an Abundance Kit for myself and was searching for circle casting videos on YouTube when I’ve come across with Spells8.

Witchcraft has been on and off in my life for some time now. In my childhood, our friendly neighbours always called me ‘Little Witch’ for no particular reason :slight_smile: . At primary school, we were taught of old Hungarian traditions and various celebrations throughout the wheel of year; I was always interested in these. In my mid-twenties I signed up to a course on paganism as I was interested - we covered many things, like tarot, crystals, samanism, etc. - we kind of scratched the surface of these as hobby learners. Then I’m drifted back to the topic again and here I am:)

This website seems to offer tons of information on the topic, so I’m looking forward to explore and learn more.

Andrea

15 Likes

Cheers Andrea! Lovely to have you on board!
The UK is so rich with history and folk lore~and you’ve come from Hungary which is just as incredible! Your proximation alone is very powerful!
There is SO much to be found on the site~and the forum and members are chock full of wonderful ideas and resources!
Blessed be,
Nadine

9 Likes

Welcome Andrea. I’m also UK based, in Bedfordshire :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Hi @andrea22! I’m Amethyst, from Southern West Virginia here in the States! Welcome to the coven! Check out today’s Merry Meet Monday - Forum News post for what fun things are going on. And to just chat down in the comments. There are plenty of activities to get in on, and tonight is the Pink Supermoon! Very cool.

I look forward to getting to know you.

7 Likes

Hi Nadine / AliceInWonderdab (I do love your names - both actually!:slight_smile: )

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am just scratching the surface but I’m so grateful I found this site and forum.

To be fair, I’m yet to explore more about the ancient Anglo-Saxon / Celtic traditions, but I’m looking forward to expand upon my knowledge!

6 Likes

Hello Iris, nice! So great to ‘meet’ with neighbour members:)

7 Likes

Hello Amethyst,

Thank you for the tip re the upcoming programs and rituals - so many things to get involved at, how exciting!

I am about to do a little Pink Moon ritual just now (we are having the full moon here in the UK early tomorrow morning) but I must admit, probably there is a lot I can still learn on the topic!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Coven :heartpulse: Glad to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m Lisa and I’m an eclectic Witch and a Norse pagan :slight_smile: Still learning as well though :nerd_face: This is the perfect place to learn and grow your Craft, everyone is amazing and there are so many different types or practices there’s always someone who can help :slight_smile: The courses on the website have been a blessing for me also so give them a look, there’s loads to choose from :slight_smile: If you need anything just ask :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

6 Likes

That’s what’s so fun about this place, you’re always learning. :grin:

5 Likes

Merry meet @andrea22 :heart:

Wishing you a very warm welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven- we are blessed to have you here! :infinite_roots:

What a wonderful introduction- I can tell your magickal craft has been important to you all along! I hope you enjoy the courses and community here- may you find all the knowledge you seek as you continue to develop and grow your witchcraft talents :sparkles:

Others have shared some great links- know that you are very welcome to join the forum activities! I’m looking forward to talking with you more soon.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome, @TheTravelWitch :slight_smile:

I am already in love with this forum and the website and the more I come back to them, the more treasures I find. It feels like X-mas, haha! Yes, I’m planning to join in the forum activities and can’t wait to expand my witchcraft knowledge!

Blessed be! :heart:

5 Likes

Hello Lisa, it’s so nice from you that you stopped by my post and left a comment. I agree, I am still super new but the friendliness and kindness already shine through. I can’t wait to dig deeper into the topics, courses, spells, activities :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome @andrea22 I’m Christina and I’m from New York. I love that you had classes on all types of interesting topics (in your 20’s). I began my love for the craft with nature and crystals. Growing up, I had a lot of problems and I’d wander off into nearby woods. I’d get to lost in wonder! I’d feel better out in nature rather than with ppl! It’s an amazing feeling to this day!! But that’s how it began! Well, it’s nice to meet you!
Blessed be :pray:

7 Likes

Hi @christina4,

Thank you for your comment. I celebrated NYR and my 30th birthday (6y ago:) in New York! In fact, that’s the only US city I’ve ever visited so far - hopefully I can explore more places in a few years’ time:)

I’ve also seen in other posts that you have an upcoming birthday? Happy birthday to you:)

That’s interesting that you wondered away… I guess you must have had an unconscious calling. It’s so interesting how people find their interest and passion, there are so many amazing and unique stories. Nature is great and never disappoints me. It’s so crucial to stay connected to it in this busy modern life!

I’m really glad to be here and meet many fellow members all across the globe:)

Blessed be!:star::crescent_moon:

7 Likes

Merry meet @andrea22 nice to have you here :hugs:

7 Likes

Merry Meet @andrea22 I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. It nice to have you here. I hope you are liking the classes! If you have any questions, I’m sure it’s been said, but feel free to ask & someone will get back to you! I hope to speak to you soon! :infinite_roots:

5 Likes

A great big thank you for the birthday wishes!!!
What did you think of NY? I live in between NYC and Albany. I was supposed to have moved but then covid-19 happened and then one thing after the next, I’m still waiting to move. It will happen when the time is right.

5 Likes

Welcome @andrea22 , so happy you found Spells8. As many others have said it’s a great place to learn, explore, and meet other fantastic people.
My name is Rowan and I’m in South Carolina.
Hope you enjoy it here.
Blessed Be,

4 Likes

Hello and welcome to the website and forum @andrea22 , I hope you enjoy being here too just as the rest have shared the same sentiments

Blessed Be,
Margaret

4 Likes

Thank you @Siofra. All good at the moment, I’m getting more and more familiar with navigating here. I’ve done a Pink Moon ritual yesterday as suggested on the website. It was really magickal - I’m thinking I’d join in for the tea ceremony on Thursday next! :star2:

Blessed be!

4 Likes