Introducing Me

Hello all. My name is Tori and I live in southwest Ohio. I am new to Wicca and have been actively studying for about 3 months. There is so much to learn, but I’m taking my time and trying to soak it all in.

I was drawn to Wicca honestly from trying to understand my mother who practiced (that I did not grow up with). I’ve always been drawn to nature and animals. My husband has joked that injured animals have a way of finding me because they just show up. The more I have read, the more I am drawn in. After casually reading what I could find online, I made my decision to commit to studying and learning when I walked into a local spirit shop and was immediately overwhelmed with emotion. To me, it was the oddest thing and I kept apologizing to the nice lady at the counter who probably thought I was crazy to be standing in her shop crying.

Anyhow, I am happy to be here to learn more about myself and practicing. Thank you for having me.

11 Likes

I LOVED your story. I know just what you mean about being in the shop and getting overwhelmed with emotion and…

Welcome to your tribe, Tori :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Merry Meet @tori6! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. I agree with @mary25 & that was a lovely story. We were just talking about how my yard is like a small animal sanctuary. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I hope you have found the courses section there is a lot of good information in there on quite a few topics to get you started. Feel free to ask any questions. Everyone here is friendly & helpful. The forum has information on all kinds of topics so feel free to search here too.

I’m an Eclectic Witch that is more of a Celtic :triquetra: Pagan/Irish Pagan. I work with the Celtic Pantheon of the Tuatha de Danaan. More specifically Brighid :fire: & the Morrigan :raven: when I need Her. :triskele: Currently I am working with energy & crystals for healing which has led me to learn more about Chakras & crystal energy through meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: I have taken basic classes for Astrology too.

I have been with Spells8 for almost 2 years & have learned a lot about myself & my practice has changed & grown & changed as I have learned more & have a better understanding of what I am doing & connecting with… I hope to see you in the forum more!

8 Likes

@tori6
Hello Miss Tori and welcome to Spells8. We are delighted that you’ve joined us. We are a group of world wide people who are like thinkers. All came in search of answers. To what, you may ask. That varies with the individual.
I have a few suggestions to make the site easier. (although others will be better at describing it.) But one thing is a given. Our learned creator, designer, Francisco, an eclectic is brilliant and always there to help out.

This is my 7 part beginner plan (there’s so much more, but this is a good start.)
1st the search is where you can find almost anything you’re looking for.
2nd Don’t shy away from Q&A section, it often answers questions before you think of them.
3rd Start your courses, they are very instructive and often entertaining. You can have video lessons as well as written.
4th At the top of this page there are 5 boxes, each is informative and helpful.
5th RELAX! It may seem overwhelming, and it can be, but one of the lessons you’ll learn is meditation…oh so helpful!
6th Please visit us on FORUM, we not only love questions, but to get to know each other, well, with kindness and respect.
7th Here’s the fun part, sit back, get a cup of something warm to drink. Put your feet up and join us in learning the practice of Magick. Plus you can make some amazing friends.
Be Blessed, Tori
Stay safe and know you are loved.
Garnet

6 Likes

Hi @tori6! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I bet the lady in the store knew that you were emotional and didn’t think you were weird. You’d be surprised at how often that happens to people.

I look forward to getting to know you!

5 Likes

@Garnet Thank you so much for your guidance and kindness! I’m happy to be here and feel incredibly welcomed.

4 Likes

@Amethyst Thank you for welcoming me. It was such an overwhelming feeling but I also felt such an incredible peace and well… home.

5 Likes

@Susurrus Thank you for sharing with me and welcoming me!

6 Likes

I hope you feel right at home. Everyone here understands that no 2 paths are the same & neither are 2 people. So feel free to share any information or ask any questions… there are no silly questions! Honestly, someone will get back to you & get you started in the right direction :two_hearts:

6 Likes

That’s great! I’m happy you’re feeling welcomed because you are. Welcomed that is. LOL!

6 Likes

Merry meet and welcome @tori6 :infinite_roots: I’m Marsha from Colorado. I have always been easily overcome with emotion, but over the years I have learned to control them a little bit better. I’m sure you will too. I’m so glad you have joined us and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.
Much love! :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you, Garnet! This is very helpful!

6 Likes

Merry meet @tori6,

I’m just jumping in to join the welcome wagon here- it is a pleasure to meet you! I hope you’ve been finding everything you are searching for on both the main Spells8 site as well as here in the forum.

There is a lot going on, so please don’t hesitate to reach out! The Q&A Category is there for you to use- ask away and you’ll be sure to get lots of helpful advice and suggestions from your fellow coven members :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be, Tori :sparkles:

I love your 7-step plan for beginners, @Garnet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.