Introducing Myself 😊

Hello :smiley: I’m Danielle I’m 21 I’ll be 22 in December, Born and raised in southern Illinois pretty much my entire life. I’ve always been spiritual in one way or another and have always said I was Christian but here recently I’ve been very intrigued more and more in Wicca/spells. I’m a beginner but do believe I am a Celtic witch :woman_mage: Taking any advice good & bad below :point_down: Don’t be scared to say hello back !

7 Likes

Hi @danielle_111! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

The best advice I have to give to beginners here that I give to almost everyone is to start out with the Courses. They’ve got great information and will help you find your true path.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will come by and help you out. We’re good at that. I look forward to chatting with you more!

6 Likes

Hi @danielle_111 . Welcome I agree with @Amethyst the courses will be your best place to start and you will learn so much!

So happy to have you here.

6 Likes

Hi Danielle! Welcome to your witchy journey. No fears, everything here is pretty positive! I find that I am blending my Christian beliefs and practices with the values, beliefs and practices of Wicca and neo-paganism, and for me that is working. So my image of God has become much more multi-dimensional to include different traditions and stories that just feel right. I was never comfortable, personally, with the idea of original sin and the guilt trip aspects, the strictures against homosexuality; that NEVER felt right to me, even when I was devoutly involved with the church. But I still pray, I may invoke Mary along with other goddesses, I am still okay with celebrating Christian holidays and connecting with angels while I also celebrate the Wheel of the Year and ascribe to Wiccan values. Honestly, I don’t know WHAT to call myself anymore! And maybe that is okay! I now just choose to be “spiritual” in a way that feels right and deeply meaningful to me, and I am okay with that evolving into something new as I go. My values are the same, and very strong. But It has been tremendously fulfiling and spiritually liberating to me to feel like my beliefs and practices can be my own to craft.

6 Likes

Welcome and merry meet, @danielle_111 :magic_wand:
My daughter’s name is Danielle and lives in northern Illinois… and my dad’s name is Melvin. Just reading your name brought back happy memories. I lived in Ireland for a few years and I love everything Celtic. I also consider myself Christian, and a Witch. It’s all magic to me :sparkles: So glad you are here Danielle. :heart:

5 Likes

Merry Meet @danielle_111! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. I am an Eclectic Witch & I am Celtic/Irish leaning. I work with Brighid :fire: & the Morrigan :raven:, both Celtic :triquetra: Goddesses, so I have also learned some mythology too. Once I am finished learning & comfortable with my runes, I am going to start really focusing on the Ogham & Celtic Trees/Calendar/Astrology. Pagan Portals books would be a good beginner book :closed_book: series to start with on Celtic :triskele: Paganism or Gods & Goddesses.

Not to echo everyone else, the courses here on the site are a great place to start first, it will introduce you to different aspects to see what you are interested in & a place to start. Then you can work off that knowledge for where you want to go from there.

If you have any questions or any information to share, please feel free to do so. Everyone here is very friendly & helpful. Someone will get you pointed in the right direction :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Merry meet @danielle_111,

Welcome to the forum- please make yourself at home here! As you can probably already tell, we’re a very friendly group that is always happy to help and who love to chat :grinning: If you have any questions, feel free to make a new post in the Q&A Category and you’re sure to get some help! :infinite_roots:

There’s always something happening around here, so if you haven’t already found it, I recommend taking a peek at the Merry Meet Monday news post for the week. There is a new one every Monday with things to look forward to during the week :compass:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be, Danielle! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hello beautiful, welcome. I agree that the courses are great. Q&A is so very helpful. If you have questions ask on Forum. Someone will have the answer or lead you in the right direction.
Dive right into the site. You’ll meet a wonderful collection of like minded people who are friendly and loving.
Blessed be
Garnet

4 Likes