Introduction and I need help to navigate this site!

Hi all! So excited to be here. My name is Deidre and I am from Ct. I am a Green Witch and have only discovered my path for a little over a year ago so I am excited to learn and grow and maybe even meet new friends! I also love astrology, crystals, divination, and making witchy crafts.

13 Likes

@deidre hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. Is great you found your way to us. Lots of wonderful ppl and loads of information. The site can take some getting used to lol. No worries it gets easier. Look around and if you get stuck just pop on and ask for help. Someone is always willing to help. Hope to chat soon

7 Likes

Hi @deidre! I have 2 family members with a similar name, they spell it Deirdre. I’m Siofra from Cape Cod, I guess you would call me an Eclectic Witch :blush:

I have been actively learning about astrology :ringer_planet: :stars: for about 1 & 1/2 years. (I took about a 20-year hiatus when my life went through some drastic changes.) I have rekindled my love :heart: of crystals over the same time.

I’m continually learning divination techniques. I use the Tarot frequently, a pendulum, & I’m learning about Ogham Staves & Norse Runes as part of a Celtic Paganism tangent of my practice. (Actually, this Samhain, 1 of the things I will be doing is scrying in a broken glass ball to reach out ancestors.) I work with Brigid & am learning about the Morrigan too.

Spells8 is a great site for learning, information, & assistance along your path. The forum is a great place for more detail on any of the courses.

As @crystal24 mentioned there are a lot of helpful & supportive people here. So if you have any questions feel free to ask or reach out to someone. Someone will get back to you as soon as they can! :two_hearts: Also, feel free to jump in on any post of interest in the forum. :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Welcome @deidre - pleasure to meet you. Welcome to our little community!

I am Temujin from Australia and am looking forward to getting to know ya!

8 Likes

Welcome to the family @deidre ! :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @deidre ! I’m Rhiannon from North Carolina. I’m pretty new here too and I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the content here, but everyone has been so wonderful I’m sure we’ll both get the hang of it. Just know you’re not alone. :blush:

8 Likes

Hi! Hope you are enjoying the site. Lots of things to read. Welcome!

7 Likes

Welcome @deidre! :blush:

Warm greetings- it’s always a pleasure to meet a fellow Green Witch :green_heart: And I love your enthusiasm! Siofra mentioned the Courses- I especially recommend the Herbalism/Green Magick Course, it’s great for delving deeper into herbal magick :seedling::sparkles:

Please make yourself at home here in the forum! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out- you have many fellow friendly coven members happy to help or even just chat :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be!

9 Likes

Welcome :relaxed:
I’m Christina and I’m from New York.
I’m so happy that you’re here!! I love the introductions. I’m a certified crystal healer and I love about every type of divination. I think we’d get along great!! But, if you need anything, please let me know!!! Have a great day!
Blessed be :pray:

9 Likes

Hi @deidre! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

You’ve come to the right place to make friends! We’re a pretty friendly bunch around here! And you need help navigating the site? The best way to do that is to poke around. You’ve already got some great links, lemme give you one more. The one to our Merry Meet Monday- Forum News. That will let you know what’s going on in the coven this week and where to find the activities.

There’s still time for you to participate in the Weekly Challenge, if you rush. Even if you don’t want to participate, reading and commenting is a great way to make friends!

I look forward to getting to know you better!

9 Likes

Hi and welcome!

Well, I’m from the southern part of the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, which is just north of Northern Virginia. I’m an eclectic magic man. I have been here about two months,
practicing for about six, but have naively surrounded myself for decades with stuff that I thought was “cool” only to discover later that I was halfway to my own witch emporium, lol.

So about the site. It think of it as two “sides” : Spells8 and the Forum. You are reading this on the forum, the top of which has different categories of posts. If you have a question, no matter how weird, silly, or obvious you might think it is, just ask. Someone will answer and no one here will judge.

On the Spells8 side, make sure that you are signed in, and tap or click Menu. A dropdown menu will appear (like magic, lol) thst will list options. If you tap the down arrow next to Lessons, the menu will expand. You can choose to start with Self Initiation or All Lessons or whatever you want. The Spells8 Police will not come to put you in Internet Jail for choosing your own path, it’s actually encouraged. But be sure you are signed in on the Spells8 side so you get credit for your course work. If you have any questions, come to the forum and ask.

My overall advice? This is an exciting place to be, but don’t try to learn it all in a day or weekend. Relax, take your time, go at your own pace. Popping in for a couple of minutes a day is more effective anyway.

9 Likes

Merry meet Deidre, I’m also knew here & I feel you. I’m having a hard time navigating this site myself. I have only been here for a short time. In that time I’ve noticed that everyone is super helpful. It seems all you have to do is ask.

8 Likes

Hi Deidre, welcome to the Coven and forums!

7 Likes