Introduction/Letter/Therapy Session

Good morning to my new witchy coven family!

I have gotten to chat with a few of you and I think I’m sort of addicted to this forum, now. :joy:
I am a stay at home mama in Dallas, TX. I’ve lived here since 2015 but we are hoping to make a move to TN soon because that’s where all my family is and I MISS THEM SO MUCH (I come from a family of 8 and my siblings and I are close).

Anyway, as I’m typing this out I’m beginning to realize that this post may be very rambly. I’m sorry about that.

While I am completely throwing myself into my young practice and loving every moment learning from and growing with you all in the Craft, one of the reasons I’ve loved this forum so much is because of the connection with each of you brilliant, loving souls! I have felt very isolated for a few years and don’t have many friends or nearby family I can safely open up to. But I feel safe spilling here, if that is okay.

Guys… I need some light today.

I’ve mentioned that my husband is a COVID long hauler and he hasn’t been well. He is the one who works while I’m home with the littles (6 and 2). We are looking for a rental in the area ASAP. We’ve lived with my in-laws for over two years and the environment is toxic for me. Not only are there incredibly strong clashing personalities in the house, but I need the freedom to express myself at home. (I’m practicing in secret and just trying to find the alone time and space to do so, I need light and art, to sing loud, let my kids go crazy, all of it.)

This sounds so so selfish, but I’m going to say it. I’m struggling with my husband’s health. I’m worried about him and desperately want to help him get well. But I also struggle with feelings of resentment because he’s in bed whenever he’s home, he’s missing days of work, and… I’m scared he’ll get fired. I’m angry he can’t be a more present husband and father, and I feel alone. I’m afraid that he won’t get well and I will need to go to work and figure out how to care for the kids. It feels like we’ll never have our own home or be back in TN.
And then I’m flooded with guilt for thinking this way. I should be strong for him. I should be telling him it’ll all be alright, that I’ve got his back, and he’s going to get well.

I don’t really know what I’m asking for or WHY I’m saying all of this. Lol I need a therapist.

I thank you all from the depths of my being for your instant support and light in my life. Many of you are dealing with health issues, losses of loved ones, and your own day to day worries. I see you and I’m here for you. I want to bless you all as you’ve already blessed me.

If anyone has tips, advice, spells for healing and abundance, connection, anxiety relief - anything that you may feel led to share… please share it.

Sorry this is so lengthy and personal and needy!!!

Blessed be, my friends.

12 Likes

I understand the feelings you are having surrounding your family & your husband’s health. I get it, it’s hard. Do you meditate? When my anxiety is going crazy I like to journal, meditate or mindful breathing, go outside, take a nice ritual shower (I can’t do the baths for a couple of reasons, the main one being we don’t have a tub :bath:t2: ). I will see what I have because there is a bath salt recipe for relaxation… hold on…

Relax Witch Bath Salt Recipe

Found it! So there that is, put on some nice witchy or relaxing music (I listen to Woke Nation when I am in the shower) & soak in the tub with candles :bathtub: :candle: & your favorite relaxing crystals :gem: or incense or essential oils or whatever you feel like would help.

Lavender & chamomile tea would be a good way to relax, have your own personal tea ritual.

I agree that you should support your husband but I understand the other feelings about him not being present. I think you’re made more aware because of the conflicting relationships at the in-law’s house. You will get to TN, but it may take a little bit more time. I know that’s probably something you don’t want to hear :ear:t2: , but you want him to be healthy before you make a cross-country move. So just take it slow. Do you have a journal? :pen: sometimes writing it out helps you come up with solutions that you hadn’t thought of before. Also, lean on Hecate for guidance. She may have come to you because there is something you need to know or do to move forward.

I am on here as social media & then just sort of check-in on FB. I don’t know when the last time I was on Instagram or Snapchat was honestly. But I do use FB Messenger frequently… daily. I understand the addiction. We should start a support group! For us, by us! All are welcome.

I am disabled, so my work history is a bit scattered. But I was home with the kids (Now 22, 18, 12) while my husband worked for the past 20 years consistently & I have had many of the same feelings. Especially when he got sick or injured over them. Reach out if you need to… I can’t think of anything else right now except to put relax or anxiety in the search bar on the site & see if anything that shows up resonates with you. There are meditations, rituals, spells, potions, oils… there are a lot of options. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If I think of or find anything else for you, I will definitely let you know. Don’t fret & if you ever want to just talk it out feel free to reach out :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you, honey. I really appreciate all of your advice! I love love love my bathtub and enjoy all the ritual baths! I definitely need to get back into journaling more and will continue to build my meditation practice!

5 Likes

I’m sorry my post is so negative! I’ve been in a place today.

6 Likes

Oh not negative, you have a lot going on & need to vent, we all do! It’s okay! I hope something resonates with you & you feel some sort of release :heart:

8 Likes

It is not at all selfish to have thoughts and feelings, they’re yours, own your emotions.

It must be incredibly difficult dealing with ongoing health issues with a partner, and whilst of course you want to support them there is nothing wrong with acknowledging the difficulties and addressing the worries you have. I’d say that’s perfectly healthy.

Life is rarely plain sailing and we have to tackle stuff we hadn’t anticipated.

I have long term health issues which my hubby probably had reckoned on dealing with, and there’s other stuff that’s cropped up in our marriage that’s put a spanner in the works too.

I don’t know what to advise other than taking some time for yourself.

It’s been an incredibly hard year and I think we all need to be a little kinder to ourselves.

My husband and I took a financial hit and my mental health declined. But I’m taking deep breaths and trying to be grateful for what I do have.

I’m not sure if any of that was helpful.

8 Likes

I’m not married or have in-laws so I don’t have much advice. But you can’t help how you feel, but you have to forgive yourself when you’re feeling down. If your best friend was feeling that way, you wouldn’t make her feel even more guilty, would you? No, you’d let her know that it’s okay to blow off some steam, for her to regroup to go back into the fight.

Well, be your own best friend.

Take care of yourself. Journaling, baths, and quiet tea times are all things you can do around people not in the know about paganism that are useful de-stressing spells. Rant away at us if you need to, we’re here for you!

Most of all, forgive yourself. You’re doing the best that you can.

Blessed be.

7 Likes

:pray:t3: Thank you for hearing my rant and for your advice and support, dear ones!

5 Likes

You’re welcome! :hugs:

4 Likes

First of all, your feelings are yours and that’s ok!! :wink: As for your hubby, if and when he has to care for the kids…he ain’t going to be in bed all day :sweat_smile: I know mine keep me on my feet!!

Tips to relax and work with anxiety…

Maybe drink some calming tea like @Siofra mentioned first.
Then,
If you have 2 clear quartz crystals,
hold one in each hand. Take a few deep cleansing breaths and close your eyes.
You can do it without the crystals and visualize a healing, cleansing white light coming in with your in breath, in through one hand/crystal and throughout your body.
With your exhale, imagine all the worries you have, going out to the other hand/crystal and out to the Universe. Do this for as long as needed.

I hope this helps. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray:

8 Likes

I missed this when you first posted it :pensive: but please don’t ever be sorry for sharing your feelings and thoughts, we are all here for you :heartpulse:

There are a couple of home blessing incense blends in the book I read for this months book club, Everyday Magic by Semra Haksever. Let me go get the book and write a couple down for you :heartpulse:

An Abundance of Love Incense Blend:

• 2 pinches of dried rose petals

• Pinch of sandalwood

• 9 drops of patchouli essential oil

Prosperity and Protection Incense Blend:

• 1 pinch of lavender

• 1 pinch of Rosemary

• 1 pinch of Basil

• 9 drops of cedarwood essential oil

Obviously you might not have all of the above ingredients (i know i dont right now) but we can always find herb and flower correspondences to make it your own :heartpulse:

10 Likes

I can imagine what you are going through at this time @sarah29 and I know it is not easy for you. As some may suggested before do take a time out for yourself and trust everything will fall into place.
I recommend a simple Chant each day to help strengthen you as you go about your day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Chant
Everything will be alright
Everyday and every night,
I am protected by the light

Saying this chant first thing in the morning and the last thing at night would add a sense of protection and comfort :innocent: alone with other suggestions I do trust everything will work out for the better.

As Siofra suggested,I find that these does help in moment like these.

As @ also recommended, please do take time out for yourself, unwind and take it one day at a time.

The best part about this is we are her with you every step of the way and we are here to give you all the instant support and light in your life. :dizzy:

Send you L💓ve & L🕯ght
N🕯ckW🕯ck

10 Likes

Hello nice to meet you, my name is Jeannie
I feel like sometimes my intuitive eye is right on. But we should always be careful not to judge too harshly. Once my husband did stay home and he needed that time and I just went with the flow. I trusted him he would do what is right. He is back to work.

sometimes making our husbands feel good about themselves is important. It’s important not to put them down but to encourage them without words. There is the 5 love languages
The five love languages are words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, and physical touch. Once you make this transition, you will each feel loved , and you will hardly even miss the “in love ” high. Your emotional love tank will be filled by your spouse’s regular expressions of love .
Anyway, I hope even through life’s challenges we can still have unconditional love.
You might find things like meditation, yoga, walking, art to help you. Art is good for expressing ones feelings. I try to write in my Bom Book of Mirrors to get things of my chest too.
I hope that was helpful.
Love and Light
Jeannie

9 Likes

@Jeannie1 you are so right. Our husbands definitely need our unconditional love and support and while that’s a “given”, it is good to be reminded of that through the challenging times. It IS incredible what building someone up can do for their well being. Thank you for reminding me of that. I appreciate the accountability. :pray:t3::purple_heart:

This week I am committing my energies to meditating and journaling! Not only for my practice but so I can be better for my family and my life.

7 Likes

I love to journal & I’m continually working on meditating. It’s not completely foreign to me anymore & I’m more comfortable with it. I can do short amounts time so far & I’m heading away from guided meditations, but right now I still do the best with a little bit of guidance. My brain just doesn’t shut off sometimes.

7 Likes