Introduction of myself and what drew me to the craft

Hello my name is laura ive been on my witchy path for 2 yrs now. Ive always been drawn to all things witchy but wasnt allowed in my home whTs so ever but after my mom died it was like something lifted and ive done a deep dive into it i love cooking and plants so im more an electric witch but more a kitchen /green witch i am 43 yrs old i wish i would have been doing this since i was younger but now thinking back it was almost like i was being blocked from it til after my mom died ive always been very intuitive i feel other ppls emotions and alot of times i puck them up and after she past it was 100x stronger than i have ever felt so i know im doing what i was ment to do and im loving everything im learning and want to learn more about kitchen witchery recipes
Blessed be​:magic_wand::broom::crystal_ball:

8 Likes

Hi @Lori79! My name is Amaris (Jessica) and I’m from Houston, TX. I have been on my path for about 2.5 years myself, joining Infinite Roots a little over a year ago. I will be 42 in a couple months and sometimes hit myself over the head for not accepting my path sooner. My mother convert from Irish Catholicism to Wicca when I was a teenager, but me being the little :poop: teenageer I was, refused my path because I didn’t want to be anything like her. Well, things didn’t go exactly well for me, not horrible, but not easy either.

A good starting place is the Courses as they cover a variety of topics. I also like the Daily Devotional and the Lunar Ritual as ways to incorporate the craft into my daily routine.

This forum is full of wonderful and knowledgeable people so don’t be afraid to ask questions in the Q&A section!

Again, Welcome and Merry Meet!

6 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @Lori79

I am Marsha an eclectic solitary witch from Colorado. It’s lovely to meet you Laura. I have always been a witch but my dad thought it was evil, so it took a while after he died to really get back to my practice. I’m looking forward to getting to know you better.

With love :heart: and magic :dizzy:

5 Likes

Hi @Lori79! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

So glad you found us! I’m sorry you felt so repressed. I was darn lucky, my Mom supported my path. Here you’ll find all the support you’ll need.

If you have any questions or any help, just ask and someone will pop up and help you out. I look forward to getting to know you.

5 Likes

Merry meet @Lori79,

I know we talked a little bit in the challenge discussion, but thank you for taking the time to share your official introduction- it’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

I’m so sorry to hear that you weren’t able to practice before. I’m glad that, despite the challenges of the situation, you were able to find your freedom and can embrace your interests now! Welcome home, Laura- the coven is blessed to have you here :infinite_roots: :heart:

Please feel free to jump in and join any discussions, activities, meetings, rituals, etc that call to you- there is always something happening around here! A great “check-in” place to get your bearings is the weekly Merry Meet Monday post (here is the one for this week!). It has a list of all current happenings for the week. A new one appears every Monday :newspaper:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

@Lori79 Hi and welcome! I am a green witch and love herbs, the forest, and water magic and I have a big garden, 2 dogs :dog: :dog: and a Cat :cat:. I have a partner and 5 kids and I live in New England by way of Texas, Okla. and Florida.

Kitchen Witchery has a lot of herbs and uses many things that green magick uses when we practice inside. I have a wonderful Kitchen Witchery book that I haven’t looked at in ages, I’ll have to dig up. I also have an old family grimoire with tons of kitchen spells and recipes I can share whenever it is needed. I look forward to this journey with you!
:hocho::green_heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.