Introduction to me ⭐️

Hi! I’m Kym from Bellingham, WA. I’m brand new to all of this and I’ll make this short, but I’m very happy to have found this site and look forward to interacting more in the future.

I have always been drawn to magic and things less mainstream. I recall being told about the book “Drawing Down the Moon” when I was a preteen. But only now in my forties am I finding my path. I am reading and reading and reading some more and can’t get enough of the information surrounding Tarot, Wicca, various forms of spell work, astrology, etc. My biggest barrier is shadow work. I know I need to do it but am finding it difficult to get started. I’m very interested in Sigils and candle Magick and am still, unfortunately, in the broom closet.

I hope to find a welcoming and helpful community here where I can be around like minded individuals and share ideas and magic together. There is SO much to learn and I find it all fascinating.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum @kym I look forward getting to know you better. :sparkles::sparkling_heart: :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

@kym Welcome lovely. I’m Tracy from England. This is a fabulous place. Everyone is very kind. The site is great for learning the craft and we witches here come from all walks of life so here, is a pool of wisdom. Enjoy. Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Hi @kym! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

It’s great to have you here! I too got really into Witchcraft in my late forties. It’s a good time for it.

Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great place to get started. There’s even a lesson on Shadow Work. It’s got a bit left to go before it’s finished but what’s there should help you get started.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help. I look forward to getting to know you!

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @kym :wave:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here at Spells8 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s nice to meet you!

I’m glad to hear that you’re finding a lot of information useful here! There’s plenty to read, watch, and see - you’ll be busy for hours! :laughing: When it comes to shadow work, I think the best way to get started is to focus on mindfulness first. And don’t start if you aren’t ready or don’t have a support system!

We also have a course on shadow work that you can take. It can help give you a direction to go in if you’re struggling → Shadow Work: Embracing Your Inner Darkness – Spells8

Please feel free to hop right in and make yourself at home! :houses:

8 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduction to me :star::

Thank you!! That’s really helpful. I look forward to getting to know you all as well. It’s been a fun and fascinating journey so far.

7 Likes

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to reply. Haha

7 Likes

Hi @kym ! I’m from NJ and just wanted to say “welcome”. You have found the right place if you are interested in learning and interaction with like minded, friendly people. It’s been my experience that most witches consider themselves to be life long learners. Some here are more experienced and generous with their support and sharing of knowledge. I’m still in the massive gathering of information stage but am pretty confident with Tarot. Hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do!

6 Likes

I’m glad you’re enjoying the site. You’ll get used to how it works. There are tutorials you can use to get yourself familiar with the site. You can find them Here.

Good luck!

7 Likes

Hello :hugs: and welcome home :infinite_roots: @kym

It’s so nice to meet you, Kym, I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Solitary Witch, from Colorado. Don’t worry about being in the broom closet, I’m right there with you! As a teenager, I told my friends that I was a witch, but I’ve since stepped into the closet! We are here for you, Kym, welcome to the family :people_hugging:

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

7 Likes

Hello @kym and welcome from Australia! You’ve definitely found your way to an amazingly beautiful community!
:peace_symbol::heart::yin_yang:

8 Likes

Hello @kym- merry meet!

I hope you don’t mind if I jump on the welcome wagon too- I’m Bry, another one of the moderators here in the forum and an Eclectic Witch. I hope you’ve been making yourself at home around here!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! As for the reply function, there should be a little button labeled “Reply” on the bottom right-hand corner of each post- are you able to see it? If not, I (or another Mod) will be happy to help you out- feel free to get in touch :grinning:

Hope to talk with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Hello @kym and welcome to the forum.

8 Likes

I thought I responded to you via email but it bounced back. I haven’t been ignoring you!! Haha. Thank you for the welcome :hugs:

5 Likes

Hey everyone!! I haven’t dropped off the face of the earth. I am just not very tech savvy. I thought by responding to the emails I got I was sending messages directly to you all. Haha. So thank you all for your kind welcome.

6 Likes

No worries @Kym
You are very welcome :hugs:

6 Likes

Hello Kym :blush:

I believe those emails are the forum notification ones- they’re just an extra way to give a heads up about messages here in the forum (and can’t be replied to through email at this time). It’s an honest mistake- no harm done! :grinning:

You’re very welcome here, Kym! :heart: Hope you’re doing well and that you had a lovely solstice last week :sun:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.