It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Samhain

Found another older article to share with you lovely people. It’s about trying to fit Samhain in with Halloween with your kiddos. Find it here.

13 Likes

@Amethyst this is incredible and perfectly timed. This is my first Samhain as a witch and I’ve decided that since I’m already doing my initiation ritual that night and I’m now guiding my oldest daughter on her path that I am going to let her do hers with me and it falls just 8 days after her thirteenth birthday so it will be a memory she gets to start off with and carry as a core in her belief system.

11 Likes

You’re welcome, my dear! I hope it helps you out so you can do both Halloween and Samhain. And congratulations on doing your initiation that night with your kiddo!

5 Likes

I love the poem in the beginning!! Thank you @Amethyst because it is starting to look a lot like Samhain!!!

5 Likes

You’re welcome! I like the idea of families doing both Halloween and Samhain, a few days apart. Takes the pressure off people.

4 Likes

Samhain definitely blurs with Halloween for me- and then my birthday is the day before Halloween, so it’s kind of like 3 hazy days of celebration :laughing:

These are some great tips for bringing out and appreciating the unique qualities of both Halloween and Samhain! Thanks so much for sharing, @Amethyst (and the title made me smile- I love it)! :heart:

5 Likes

I’m glad you liked the article! I can’t take credit for the title, I used the one that was up there! LOL!

Man, Birthday, Halloween, and Samhain all in one. This must be a busy month for you! Happy Early Birthday!

4 Likes

Awww thanks @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And yes, haha- I find myself saying “it’s a busy time of year!” all year round, but there’s something about this month that feels like I’m constantly holding down the fast forward button :fast_forward: :joy:

But that just means the end of the month comes all the faster- can’t wait for the witchiest holiday of them all! :bat: :jack_o_lantern: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

The first part of the year, the end of Winter, and the beginning of Spring go by so slowly. Then, WHAM! It’s Yule! Where does the time go?

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! It’s a fun time of year- I guess it goes back to what they say about time flying :broom: :woman_mage: :grin::+1:

3 Likes

I’ve started my Samhain decorating!

I’ve updated the wreath I made for Litha…

And I love these cute baby pumpkins :jack_o_lantern:

12 Likes

WOW. Nice wreath!

4 Likes

@IrisW it looks beautiful.

4 Likes

@IrisW your wreath looks absolutely amazing! Beautiful work.

4 Likes

Today I took the time to clear my altar & clean the top with a nice smelling wood cleaner. Then I started going through items & switched my altar cloth that I got for Samhain. I cant decide how I want to arrange my crystals, I have so many I need something new for them.

I did setup the altar with the new cloth for my Persephone ritual. Since the cloth is for a Samhain ritual, I’ll leave it there & find new homes for the items & decorate for the upcoming holiday.

I have also been in a Pinterest rabbit hole of sorts rearranging boards & collecting Pins on topics for my practice (Pinterest Profile). Lately it has been Samhain & Samhain/Halloween tarot spreads. I can make a separate post for the spreads. Some of them are Samhain related & some are more fun for Halloween :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

Beautiful setup @Siofra! I like the new altar cloth!

2 Likes

@Amethyst thank you so much! :heart:

When I finish up today I will take a better picture of the cloth. I’m still deciding what I want to do with my altar after my Persephone ritual today.

2 Likes

You’re welcome, dear heart!

2 Likes

I am in aw of your craft, and this is perfectly done !
Jeannie

4 Likes