It's been awhile

My name is jackie. I was practicing for like 6 months last year but life caught up with me. So I slowly stopped practicing. Since then though I felt off. Not myself so I realized that I needed to take a step.back and see what was unbalanced and it was me. I was totally off my path which I stopped being me. So I decided to be selfish and start back taking care of me. But I also wanted to get back to the basics. I have to remember that this is a journey not one to be fogotten. Ots my way of life. I always been interested in the moon astrology, tarot, and crystals. After getting into the whole wicca/witchcraft I actually love it all. So with that I say hello. AMD it feels good.to be back. Blessed Be

9 Likes

Welcome back, @jackie2! :heart:

Life does have a habit of throwing us for a loop from time to time- I hope things continue to settle down and smooth out for you in the coming days!

I don’t think taking care of yourself is “selfish”- I consider it to be one of (if not THE) most important thing for a person to do. It is only when our minds and bodies are well cared for that we can turn our attention to outside things. Taking care of others (whether it is friends, family, the earth, etc.) begins with taking care of ourselves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I know first-hand this can be tricky, so you may find some helpful reassurance and guidance in Self-Love Spells and Rituals. It’s a great way to dip back into your beautiful magick while treating yourself to some wholesome self-care! :heart:

Wishing you all the best- and hoping to talk with you more soon! Blessed be Jackie :sparkles:

5 Likes

Welcome back @jackie2! You’ve got to take care of yourself, that’s one of the first things I learned on this path. Hopefully, the link @TheTravelWitch shared will help. There are also a few good books on Witchy Self Care you can find if you’re interested. Let me know and I can link you to one that I’ve read and it’s really good.

Hope you have a good week! I look forward to chatting with you around the forum!

5 Likes

It’s nice to have you back @jackie2. Sometimes these things do happen :blush: as Travel Witch said

I find this to be so true! Feel free to settle right back in we are here to help alone the way. Sending you L❤ve &L🕯ght

5 Likes

Welcome Back @jackie2 , I go through disconnects & need to get back to myself & then reapproach life too. Life just happens whether or not we want it to sometimes.

I have learned that self-care is a must if you want to enjoy the rest of what is going on, so make sure you take care of yourself.

4 Likes

It’s great to see you again, Jackie!

Here’s a quote:

5 Likes

That is so true! Great quote for this! I am also learning this, I go off the radar every once in a while too for similar reasons. Self care is just as important. Always take some “me” time & reset. Even if it’s 5 minutes a day.

5 Likes

Thank you everybody for welcoming me back. It feels good to know that your wanted somewhere.

5 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile: I’ve only been here for a week and iv only been practicing magic for a around 5-6 months :slight_smile: Everyone needs a break from something sometimes to remember why we need it <3 Blessed Be <3

5 Likes