July, August, September 2022 Daily Single Draws

Monday, July 25, 2022

Celtic :triskele: Tarot

By: Kristoffer Hughes & Illustrated by: Chris Down

7 of Cauldrons (Cups :cup_tarot:)

The realms of the imagination are more beguiling than can enchant & empower, cause action or stagnation. Here we have a figure in shadow standing upon the ocean, the primary symbol of the unconscious. It gazes longingly at seven ghostly figures who hold the cauldron of Imagination, each in turn carved with the sigils of the self from the Major Arcana card the Wheel of Fortune. The figure exists in boundless imagination, where anything is possible, & yet none of it is defining who or what the figure is; instead, it appears elusive, distant, unformed & inactive.

Upright - Nothing substantial is arising from the thoughts of the individual central to this issue or question. Whilst the power of the imagination cannot be denied, there seems to be some emotional blockage that prevents it from materializing. Remember that almost all human endeavors started with a vision from the imagination. So, what is it that is preventing movement & action? This is the suit of emotions; therefore inaction may stem from the fear of emotional damage. Wishful thinking will only become a prophecy if you do something about it. It is time to stop gazing at what can be & bring those cauldrons down into the human experience & act upon them.

5 Likes

Forest of Enchantment
Keeper of Spells

5 Likes

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tarot of the Divine

• By: Yoshi Yoshitani
  • Inspired by Deities, Folklore, & Fairy Tales from Around the World

The Fool

The Little Mermaid
Denmark, Danish Fairy Tale

The Fool rests on the pinnacle of a decision. She is ready to dive out of her subconscious & into the physical world. To transform from an animal into a human. She is carefree and excited by a new life, regardless of warnings.

Upright: Beginnings, possibilities, impulsiveness, innocence, a free spirit

***For traditional The Fool meanings please see:

Rune Draw

Mannaz :mannaz:

Magickal Uses: Help or cooperation with others, increase mental agility, improve memory, promote harmonious relationships, & success in legal & academic issues.

Use Mannaz to cultivate more of your own potential. There is something deeply & inherently human in each of us, & the world benefits by sharing that with others. Whether it’s creative pursuits, professional aspirations, or simply a way to live to your highest potential, invoke Mannaz to help bring forth that from which the world & you will benefit.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Divine Union, Relationships, Ancestors, Community, Intelligence, Manifestation, Origin, Self, Family, Man/Humankind, Natural Gifts, Physical & Spiritual Cultivation

More Information:

5 Likes

Tomorrow is a big day for me at my oncologist office so I treated myself to Leila + Olive Pythia Botanical Oracle Volume II. I drew Geum, Nose For Things.

Geum is Nose For Things, a beholder of our keenest intuition, empowering one to seek out and solve even the most daunting of mysteries. There are things that we can know, from the furthest forest journey to what’s just under our nose.

Makes a lot of sense. Yaaasssss.
Geum is commonly called Avens, it’s in the rose family. This deck is gorgeous.

7 Likes

Oh that is a gorgeous deck! Beautiful!

I love rose flowers also! My mom’s name was Rose :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Tarot of the Divine

• By: Yoshi Yoshitani
  • Inspired by Deities, Folklore, & Fairy Tales from Around the World

3 of Wands :wand_tarot:

The Enchanted Pig
Romania: Romanian Fairy Tale

The Three of Wands :wand_tarot: represents hard work & travel. The princess takes a long journey to rescue her prince, making sacrifices & surviving trials along the way. If she stays motivated, her efforts will be rewarded.

Reversed: Returning home, Wallowing, Frustration, Delays

***For traditional 3 of Wands :wand_tarot: meanings please see:

Rune Draw

Gebo :gebo:

Magickal Uses: Good rune to help you increase your overall luck. When used in combination with other runes, especially as a bindrune, it will increase the power & positivity of surrounding runes. Much like X marks the spot, Gebo brings about great luck

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Gift, honor, balance, generosity, relationships, exchange, magical exchange, divine interaction.

Principle of the three-fold gift of Odin: Consciousness, divine gift, & form.

It is also the principle of giving & taking; an exchange between any 2 beings or realms. It is the sacrifice by people to gods to compensate or petition for divine favors. In human society, this is reflected as hospitality.

Live by the laws & in accordance with nature, rather than living separate & disconnected from the earth. This is how the tribes of the day survived but thrived. Gebo also calls to the relationship between people & their connection to the gods. When a person dedicated themselves to a certain god or goddess, offerings, time, & energy were presented to the deity. In turn, people hoped their chosen deities would bestow their blessings & strengths upon them.

The synthesis of giving & receiving with goodwill, hospitality, & respect is akin to unifying one’s self with the divine. Wen gifts & contracts are mutually exchanged & honorably upheld, energetic reciprocity will always be positive. Here, integrity, love, & common bonds pave the way for the benefit, abundance, & protection of family & community.

For More Information: Gebo 7th Rune of the Elder Futhark & Freya’s Aett :gebo:

5 Likes

I like the rune draw today - I will bring X with me today and others so it will enhance the luck and increase power and poisitivity. Blessings.

5 Likes

Today I drew the Magnifying Glass from the Symbol Seekers Oracle Deck - this deck was created at the GlobalVillage Witch and it is a magical journey into your intuition, as well as into cultivating alertness to how symbols appear and work within your life… tapping into common and widely used symbols across times and places, along with your own understanding of them in your life. Each person’s experience of this will be individual and yet the common threads connect us to the wider oracular wisdom of the world.

The magnifying glass symbolizes to me that I should take a closer look at something, be aware and analyze it with a careful eye to make good decisions and feel calm. Knowledge is power and taking a close look at things will ensure this.

What does a magnifying glass mean to you?

5 Likes

I love your deck so much :heart_eyes: What a fun idea for an Oracle Deck- it’s so personal, yet at the same time so connective across the globe! :earth_asia:

I would read a magnifying glass to be a message of perspective- perhaps what you can see from your current point of view isn’t the only one, or that you stand to benefit from looking at something in a different way. Stop, take the time to observe closely, and “zoom in” to view things in a new way :mag:

Thanks so much for sharing, @jan_TheGreenWitch! :heart: I’ll carry the memory of this card with me throughout the day :pray::mag:

6 Likes

Thursday, July 28, 2022

• By: Kristoffer Hughes
  • Illustrated by: Chris Down

I actually had 2 cards come out while shuffling in a such way, that those are now the draw. 2 for 1

4 of Cauldrons (Cups :cup_tarot:)

There’s a lot of land here as if trying to counter the power of water by grounding it, & yet the puddles suggest he can never be truly removed from the pools of his emotions.

There are 3 cauldrons of past achievements & expression. They represent his creativity, spirituality, & relationships. Over his shoulder is the cauldron of inspiration but can’t see it. He will seek meaning & solace from what is apparent, but apathy suggests that he will not turn his head & see all that is being offered to him.

Upright: Here we really have someone stuck in a rut. The crisis of the heart is yet to come, but we see a tantalizing glimpse of potential crisis here. You may achieve a lot - in fact, you may have achieved an awful lot – but why the apathy? Sometimes it really is better than the devil you know, but believe me, living in a habitual cycle of repetition for fear of change is not beneficial. There are other possibilities right there beside you if only you could see them. Then there are three significant things in your life or surrounding the question & the focus is so intently on them that the cauldron of inspiration cannot be perceived, but it needs to be noticed & taken from the ethereal hand that is offering it. Don’t carry on as you are just because of apathy – take the Cauldron!

The Second Card that Fell Out

Knight of Swords :sword_tarot:

The Knight has taken to the skies & him & the dragon are ripe for battle. This doesn’t suggest an exclusively physical battle. It may be a battle of wits or an intellectual fight. Either way, the fight is on. The dragon is exhaling smoke, as he is exhausted from the Knight’s attempts. The Knight has good ideas & intentions but needs to be able to hold it together long enough for something to come of the battles. He doesn’t possess the King’s Intellect nor the Queen’s wisdom to give function to the task. The Knight is propelling forward though, while others wonder if he is being foolhardy, impulsive, or on a mission to nowhere.

Reversed: An individual who has become increasingly excessive, patronizing, & even fanatical in his thinking. The reversed knight can be equated in modern life to religious & cultural terrorists who believe they are right & others are wrong.

For traditional 4 of Cups & Knight of Swords meanings please see:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria I really like your perspective on the magnifying glass. This is apropos for my life as well and I did zoom in yesterday for sure with my Oncologist — I have a completely new treatment plan now and it begins earlier than Aug 12 due to rethinking the treatment originally proposed. :stethoscope::new_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

Congrats on your new treatment plan, Jan! :heart: That’s awesome to hear that they got one ready so quickly, and also that you can begin treatment even earlier than expected! Wishing you all the best with it, you’re in my thoughts :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Friday, July 29, 2022

9 of Cauldrons (Cups)

Worry is a poor partner & ultimately futile. There are times when we just need respite. Looking at the card closely we see The Assembly of the Wondrous Head & which really is a severed head on the golden plate upon the feasting table. There is no pain present in this scene, & the head retains its ability to speak & feast. The gentleman at the head of the table has eaten his fill & is taking a well-deserved nap, content & happy in his place.

Our imaginations alone can take us to places & lands far beyond the worry of everyday life, but to what extent is this avoidance, & when does it become indulgent?

Reversed: In a reversed position this card suggests that you can’t party away all your troubles all of the time. Be truthful with yourself, be loyal to your responsibilities, & liberated from your worries. If you have made mistakes, admit them, do not conceal them.

***For traditional **9 of Cauldrons (Cups :cup_tarot:) ** meanings please see:

Rune Draw

Perthro :perthro:

Magickal Uses: Increase connection with the unseen world. Use in conjunction with Laguz :laukaz: to help increase psychic powers. Use to increase luck or use with Nauthiz :naudiz: to appeal to Norns to reweave fate to your benefit.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Fate, Destiny, Luck, Illumination, Secrets, Transformation, Karma, Chance, Destiny, Divination, Choice, Primal Law

The ancient Norse were serious about gaming. The gods assisted when the dice were rolled. Either the act of throwing/tossing dice or other playing implements.

Little difference between techniques & tools of rune casting & gambling. Gambling was a passion among Germanic peoples. Testing luck was the same as their essential being.

Something to be filled & drunk from. Hand of fate through karma or Divine predestination is showing strongly in one’s life.

Power order & purpose behind the seemingly random events.

Intense forces of change from behind the scenes are occurring currently. Perthro :pertho: suggests positive forces unless shown with negative runes.

A reminder that not black & white is an oversimplification of fate into good or bad. The change referenced is associated with an infinite amount of complexity & subtlety.

Fate exists at a level we can never truly know what seems true may be false.

For more information about Perthro :pertho: please see:

5 Likes

Saturday, July 30, 2022

6 of Wands :wand_tarot:

Upon the dragon of your successes you are triumphant. There is beauty & light around you; you have been recognized by your peers & progressed wonderfully. Your self-confidence is apparent & inspiration to others.

Reversed: In the reversed position this card warns of an ego trip, quarrels, & maybe disrepute. It may be that people’s confidence in you or someone at the heart of the issue has faltered. There is shame in the reversed position of this card.

For traditional 6 of Wands :wand_tarot: meanings please see:

Rune Draw

Jera :jeran:

Magickal Uses: Bringing desired events, family, matters, growth & increase, facilitates harmonious relationships to time & seasons. Can help manifest your goals.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Year, Life Cycle, Prosperity, Accomplishment, Cycles, Rewards, Peace, Orbit, Dawn to Dusk (meeting point of Day & Night), Everything Changes in Its Own Time. Make the most of the present & enjoy every moment of your life.

Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Flesh, Breath, Kindling, River. I offer myself to the cultivation & sustenance of the eternal hearth. No belly, no heart, no soul is left without or behind…

The reward we’re given for effort & work well spent & by working hard. We help keep the Great Wheel of the Universe moving.

Rune of the year speaks to work well done & harvest from the hard work. Cause & effect. What goes around, comes around, you reap what you sow.

If you have been dealing with adversity Jera is a positive sign that things are moving forward & getting better. Reaping rewards for hard work & perseverance.

Advised to acknowledge that any adversity you are or have been experiencing will ultimately contribute to your growth you are who you are because of the lessons life taught you.

Brightstave/Upright: cyclical aspect of nature, the great wheel of the year. The natural cycle yields good fruits.

Rewards for the right action. Plenty & good harvest can be expected. Recipient of the generosity of another. Experience organic/material manifestations of your actions. Have the patience to act at the proper time.

Reward, Plenty, Peace, Proper Timing

• Traditionally there is no Merkstave/Reversed meaning for this rune

For further information & correspondences please see:

5 Likes

Sunday, July 31, 2022

The Chariot

Behold: Within my Chariot rides the unseen wisdom of all that has gone before. I am the sum totality of everything that you have seen & been thus far. I originate from understanding & knowing, & my journey takes me to the fort of force & power. I am strong. I have the will to cause deep transformation. I stand for what is right & truthful; I am the truth against the world & its action in motion. I can carry you forward by the breath of a dragon to the plane of inner wisdom, are you willing to believe in yourself enough for this to become reality?

Upright: There is very little you can do to stop the onward motion of the Chariot & therefore the question at hand. This situation is going to roll forward whether you like it or not. It asks whether you can jump on & go along for the ride. The destination may be unclear, but the presence of other Major Arcana ahead of the Chariot will certainly imply the potential destination. You must exert your will & put it in motion; do not stand by & think that you will simply be caught in the drama. You must have faith in your ability to ride this situation to its required or inevitable conclusion. However, this is the last card of the Journey of Finding Expression. Look for clues that imply an onward journey into finding wisdom.

For traditional The Chariot meanings please see:

Rune Draw

Hagalaz :haglaz:

Magickal Uses: Hagalaz :haglaz: is a powerful rune for meditation. Sit with this rune to understand that no matter how bad you have it, you could always have it worse. No matter the number of crops that you lost, you could always lose more. Chant this rune as you meditate to help find optimism in the direst of situations.

Protection, Luck, quick transformations, success in navigating difficult situations, break unhealthy patterns.

Overall Meanings/Keyword(s): Hail, Dark Feminine, Destruction, Transformation, Past Lives, Healing, Potential, Disruption, Change, Delay

Seeds of icy carnage rain down, planting points of clarity & choice. The shattered ground on which you stand cannot stay frozen in its brokenness: sprouts of life will emerge once the schism in your heart - & soul – has shifted, bearing a refreshed path.

Mighty Hella, lady of Hel, cradle me in your dark womb of rebirth. Breathe cool air into my hour of incendiary transformation. I cannel Urd, Norn of the past, to alchemize my history, honoring & releasing what was, in the name of sewing my newly-fertile fields of inheritance.

Hail can fall from the sky any time of the year, not just in winter. Just as hail can appear suddenly in a clear sky, this rune portends a very sudden change in your circumstances. This isn’t always a pleasant change either, but one that you will have to bear until it’s over.

We cannot always control our circumstances. Hagalaz signifies these forces of chaos that cannot be controlled. You cannot control or “fix” this interference; resistance is futile. Know that your course is being corrected for reasons beyond your understanding. You may be being forced into taking a new approach, which will become clear with patience & perseverance.

For more information please see:

4 Likes

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Celtic :triquetra: Tarot

• Kristoffer Hughes (Illustrated by: Chris Down)
  • I shuffled the deck 3 times, took off the top 3, & drew:

2 of Shields Reversed

Keywords: Juggling act, Learning from relationships, Adaptability

The mystery of this card lies in the identity of the juggler. He stands between prey & by doing so keeps the predator at bay – or are these, in fact, elements of himself? We learn so much by means of relationships, how do yours define you?

Divinatory Meaning (Reversed)

Reversed, the shields cannot hold their position & will crash into the snow. Suddenly your feet will feel very cold, unprotected, & vulnerable. There is disorganization that has arisen from the fact that you are juggling for some cause that has become lost to you. It all feels too forced & false. Letters & correspondences may bring less than good news.

For traditional 2 of Shields (Pentacles) meanings please see:

4 Likes

Mine was from the Enchanted Map oracle cards by Colette Baron-Reid today:

I drew the card Flying “You have the power to see things from a higher perspective.” I take this as in taking a step back and getting some distance provides a unique perspective on your life/situation.

:green_heart:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing @jan_TheGreenWitch, sometimes taking a step back & looking at it from another point of view can be helpful in your own responses & actions sometimes. :two_hearts:

5 Likes

That’s so true @Susurrus , and it’s beautiful when a card shows up and you know exactly why. It’s exactly the push i needed to let go of a perspective I was being closed minded about in my treatment plan! I feel so much better!

4 Likes

Oh that’s amazing! I’m so happy for you & that you are feeling better. I hope it flows through the weekend & continues for you! :smiling_face: :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes