Just getting started in the craft

Hello everyone. Just popping in to introduce myself. I am new to the craft and am very excited from what I have learned thus far. Any tips for a beginner would be greatly appreciated. TIA :grinning: :grinning:

9 Likes

Hi @JustMeRobin! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Have you found the Courses yet? They’re a great way to get started here and are full of good information. The best thing to do when first starting is read more than buy. You’ll get tempted by all the shiny things out there and want to buy one of everything but until you read and figure out what kind of practice you want, you may be wasting your money.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

7 Likes

Hello Amethyst,
Yes I have completed the beginner courses and plan to continue learning as much as I can.I have purchased a few things which include Scott Cunningham books. I appreciate your response and will definitely be asking questions if I need a better explanation on stuff. I look forward to getting to know the craft as well as the people here on Spells8.

Just Me Robin

6 Likes

Hello and welcome, We are happy to meet you. We too are new to the craft and I highly recommend the courses. We have found them very informative and easy to follow.

8 Likes

Hello and welcome! Here in the forum you will find very interesting posts and if you cant find what you’re looking for, all the community will help ypu!
I hope you enjoy here and you learn a lot about the craft!! Blessed be! :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome to the coven Robin! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

My name is Megan and I’m one of the moderators here. We’re happy to have you!

As a few people have already mentioned, Spells8 has many courses available for the beginner (and not-so-beginner) witch. :mage: Those are a great place to start if you don’t know where to start yourself. My advice would be to choose something you’re interested in, something that you might find useful, and start there.

One other piece of advice I can give is to start slow :turtle: Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed with the amount of information that’s out there. It can be very easy to go on information overload! :bookmark: Ask questions when you don’t understand something, get the perspectives of others, and enjoy the journey wherever it takes you.

I look forward to getting to know you better!
:green_heart: Megan

7 Likes

Hello and welcome to you too! Happy to meet newbies. I have completed to first 8 courses and plan to continue. Might be seeing you around here on your journey.

6 Likes

Thank you Megan. I am enjoying the courses. Very informative. I appreciate the welcome and have been taking my time so that I can learn as much as possible. I want to be able to trust that I am able to ground myself and create my circle before trying anything physical. I feel that I have made the right decision in joining Spells8. It gives me the good feeling of being right where I need to be to continue my journey.

6 Likes

Thank you. I feel quite comfortable here. I will definitely be gaining knowledge to continue my new journey.

7 Likes

I think that’s a great plan! :raised_hands: Grounding and centering are some of the most vital skills any new witch should have, in my opinion. Once you’ve got that down, jump right in and practice your spellwork!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome home :infinite_roots: @JustMeRobin

Welcome Robin, I’m so glad your path has led you here. There is a lot of great information here and lots of friendly and helpful people. So, if you have any questions, just ask.

With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Merry meet @robin,

Just joining in with the rest of the coven to wish you a very warm welcome! :blush:

I can see you’ve already got some great tips for beginning, I second about the Courses! There’s one guide in particular that I would recommend and that’s the Spellcasting 101 Guide:

It’s got some great foundational material and answers general questions about how and where to get casting your first spells.

Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! Your coven is here to help :infinite_roots: :heart:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Thank you. I am happy to be here. It does feel like home!

6 Likes

Thank you. I am definitely planning on staying and learning from the courses and all you wonderful folks!

5 Likes

Make yourself at home here @JustMeRobin! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@JustMeRobin Welcome. your desire to learn reminds me of myself, you’ll do great here.

6 Likes

Thank you. I am very eager to learn all that I can. Just finding the time to do so is not an easy task. It may take me a while but I will get to where I want to be and this place looks like a great way to learn!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.