Just looking to learn more

Hi @andre! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia here in the States. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I second going through the courses, they will help you learn and grow as a witch. Also, keep an eye out for a post on the forum called Merry Meet Monday – Forum News. That will let you know what kind of activities we’ve got going on, so you can jump in and have some fun.

If you have any questions, just ask and someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you better!

5 Likes

Merry meet and welcome home :infinite_roots: @andre
I’m so glad you have joined us. I am Marsha, an eclectic witch from Colorado. If you have any questions just ask, Q&A There are lots of friendly and helpful people here. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.
With Love :heart: and Magick :dizzy:
The Other Marsha

6 Likes

Hi Marsha from Colorado :slight_smile: Thanks for the warm welcome x

6 Likes

Hi ALL, thank you for the warm welcomes xx and info. I look forward to getting to know everyone more and learning xx

6 Likes

Welcome @andre to Spells8. You’ll learn a lot and you will meet some amazing witches here. The courses are informative and easy to navigate. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, someone will have an answer for you. Again, welcome.

7 Likes

Hi ALL x
Q.) Can someone explain the wheel of the year to me. My countries seasons are different to that is pictured. My summer is its winter and so on??? Im confused? I know i can still celebrate the 8 sabbats. Just confusing a little.
Thanks xx

6 Likes

And stay I shall :wink: Thanku Garnet xx

5 Likes

Sabbats in the Southern Hemisphere

There may be some good information contained within this post & you can look into Southern Hemisphere Information on the site itself. Theres also a printable page to help you follow the Southern Wheel Southern Hemisphere Printable Wheel

We have at least a few witches that celebrate the wheel to the reverse of the Northern Hemisphere.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

6 Likes

If you want more in-depth information than what the lovely and talented @Susurrus has given you, there’s a book called A Wiccans Walk in Oz - Perspectives from the Southern Hemisphere that might help you out. I haven’t read it myself but it looks interesting.

6 Likes

Merry meet @andre,

Welcome to the forum- it’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

No worries, Andre! I’m assuming you are in the Southern Hemisphere, yes? You are right that you can absolutely still celebrate the 8 Sabbats- you are free to choose whether you want to follow the Northern calendar or use the reversed version suited for seasons in the South.

Siofra and Amethyst shared some great resources, and know that you aren’t alone! There are plenty of folks here in the forum who celebrate the Southern Wheel of the Year or who follow their own seasonal celebrations. Feel free to explore and do what feels most right to you! :star2:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Hi! I know you’ve gotten a few great resources on the Wheel of the Year for the southern hemisphere so far! I just wanted to share a podcast episode that I recently did about creating your own celebration calendar based on your local area and what’s important to you :blush:

Click here! → Throw Out Your Wheel [New Podcast Episode!]

6 Likes

Cool, thanks ladies :wink:

6 Likes

I just noticed it’s your birthday, @andre!!! :partying_face: :heart: You joined the coven at a very special time indeed :blush:

Wishing you many smiles and lots of laughter on your birthday- have a wonderful, blessed day!

:birthday: :two_hearts: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Happy Birthday @andre! Hope you’ve had a magical day!

5 Likes

Click on Happy Birthday @andre to read more…

Hope you enjoy your day!
:heart:

5 Likes

Happy Birthday :birthday: I hope you had a wonderful day are continuing to learn each day :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hi Ladies x Thanks all for my birthday wishes <3
Ive landed a couple jobs and been distracted with them that i lost time to come on here. I now have some time to catch up on what I can.
Hope everyones enjoying their night or day xx

7 Likes

That’s amazing, @andre- a big congrats to you on landing the jobs! :partying_face:

And no worries at all- feel free to stop by and check in whenever you’re able :blush: The forum will always be here when you are ready! :heart::infinite_roots:

Blessed be!

6 Likes

Wishing you the best with your new jobs! :dizzy:
:heart:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.