Karma has a sense of humor

Well, I learned my lesson today. Pretty short story because I won’t get into the personal details. I was a :poop:-head to my husband last night and we went to bed angry at each other. This morning, when I was picking up after my dogs, my nails went through the dog poop bag and I got poop all over my hand.

Lesson from Karma: If you are mean or unjust to others, it will come back to you.

Needless to say, I’ve called my husband, apologized for my behavior, and then told him the above story. He got a kick out of it.

13 Likes

Oh my! Well at least it helped you get back in tune with your hubby!

8 Likes

Hahah that’s always in my mind when I pick up dog poop! :laughing:

But I’m glad you used that experience to reflect on your own actions of the day before. Karma really is the best teacher…

8 Likes

Oh wow! You need a kitty scooper! :sweat_smile: I’m sorry happened but I’m glad you and hubby are fine!

7 Likes

Yes, Karma can be a bitch. When someone is mean to me I just smile and say:
“What goes around, comes around.”

7 Likes

Well that’s a messy way to move forward, but the important thing is that you move forward! As a former husband, I would have appreciated it greatly if I had received such a gift as an apology. The ability to apologize is a foundational relationship skill, and will ultimately bring you closer.

I’ve heard it said that in an argument with your spouse, you should apologize ASAP - especially if you’re right! Lol. Anyway, sounds like you…“nailed it!”

9 Likes

After 47 years I’ve learned to pick my battles with my Rich. It’s easier
to agree unless it’s important.
I also taught my lovely daughter in law. Smile sweetly, say yes Dear and do what you want.
It’s easier to apologize than ask permission.

9 Likes

Thank you everyone! In our almost 25 years together (20 years married in January), I can count the number of arguments we’ve had on one hand. This particular incident was uncalled for on my end and I was just being ugly. I had a long day and he was trying to make a joke about something but it was just wrong timing. Karma taught me to keep my anger in check because I was not angry with him, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. As many of you have said, I took this as an opportunity to strengthen our bond. I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong and apologize. He even tried to apologize but I told him he didn’t do anything wrong. One of the things that has kept us going is knowing how to communicate with each other. If we do start to get angry, we walk away and calm down, then come back and have a cooled discussion. We come to a compromise when we can. Marriage is 100% work 100% of the time. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love him.

7 Likes

Marriage is 50/50 but not sure at any one time who gets 50 and who gets
100. Rich and I bicker like old crows but we rarely if ever argue.

4 Likes