Keeping Track Of Moon Phases

That’s great! I wasn’t aware of that. I did a bit of googling and found how to do it. Thanks!

hahah is this because of opening a browser to visit the page? I can imagine that! However, you can follow these simple steps to add the Spell for Today page to your home screen on any device (Android, iPhone, iPad, etc). Maybe that will help!

3 Likes

I’ve got a second vote for Moongiant! I found the site recently and it’s been great- the front page has a countdown to the next full moon (makes it very exciting!) and on the calendar page you can click on any date for more information- they have a lot of information for each day, and even about each full moon! :full_moon:

@Missa shared another great resource- the Farmer’s Almanac:

Although it seems that this moon calculator is just for locations in the U.S/Canada!

Best of luck and Blessed Be! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hey there! I actually just made a Moon Phase Calender from NASA.

The links for the printouts are all in the description there. Also, if you don’t want a printout, you can use apps or, if you like to plan out your week or month, make it a habit to also make note of the moon phases throughout the week. That always helps me.

7 Likes

Thank you! That is a really neat project I will actually end up sharing with my family. I loved the improvisation with the card-stock. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks! I couldn’t believe I messed it up with the button lol

2 Likes

At the risk of getting off topic, I’m glad you did because I learned something new. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you for this! I have both Android (for work) and an iPhone. I downloaded Moon Phase Calendar Plus. This is in addition to my “learning”. It takes my breath away when I look up suddenly and see the moon in all it’s glory and then get lost in thought…until a family member brings me down to reality!!! However, unless it is completely hidden behind clouds, I have difficulty locating it even though I know it’s there. The app provides its actual location and I am tickled pink :smiley: to know where exactly to look up at. Yahoo! :star_struck: :hugs:

4 Likes

100% agree with this! As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been mesmerized by the moon… It just hypnotized me and I would end up staring at it so long I would have a stiff neck. :laughing:

This weekend there’s a full moon and a lunar eclipse! If you’re in North America you may be able to watch it! :new_moon:

2 Likes

It’s on my agenda this weekend for sure. Once again thank you :slight_smile:. That’s a great way to describe it…hypnotized. When it’s the Harvest Moon…I can stare at it FOREVER!

3 Likes

I have an app called “Moon” on my phone that works, although I miss my iPhone’s Apple Watch, as you can actually set a moon phase as the watch background.
I also try to look up at the moon nightly. It’s a great healing feeling to find the moon and feel her light on you. Lately however, we have had some awful storms so I have not been able to do so.

3 Likes

Oh wow - I never thought about my Apple Watch. Currently I just have the basic functions but will definitely turn that on. Thank you for the tip.

Two nights ago, I woke up and was so happy to see the moon shining into my bedroom. Could I fall back to sleep, nope. Kept staring at it. It seems like a very long time for “her” to appear. It seems that we have been experiencing days on end with overcast skies even through the evening and night. So when “she” appeared I wanted to just sit there and appreciate her presence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is such a great feature! :heart_eyes: I don’t have an Apple Watch, but I wonder if there’s a similar app or download available for iOS/Android phones. It would be so nice to have a moon phase background :first_quarter_moon::two_hearts:

This sounds lovely and very relaxing, Ana! :full_moon::two_hearts: There’s something enchanting about the moon in the sky. Each experience is totally unique, and I agree- the moon is always breathtaking :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I haven’t found one yet for my samsung. I just have a copper skull on mine. If you find one, let me know!!!

2 Likes

There’s actually an app I use @chelsey1 for my Samsung Note that tracks the moon phases and gives you sunrise, sunset, etc. and even tells you the zodiac that the moon will be in. I’ll link it here.

3 Likes

I meant for the watch, a constant background of the moon phases. I actually use that same app on my Samsung! I love it!

3 Likes

Oops, my mistake! At least the app, in general, is great, right? lol

4 Likes

Thank you for the tip @chelsey1. I’ve actually “fixed” my apple watch. :slight_smile: Now all I have to do is look at my watch instead of googling what the current moon phase is!

4 Likes

Haha, it is! I love that it send me notifications too!

3 Likes

They’ve updated it for 2024 - I’m working on making mine right now!
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/edu/learn/project/make-a-moon-phases-calendar-and-calculator/

4 Likes

Hooray! I want to make another one and this is perfect!

4 Likes