Kids now I heard it all,

Hi all, so I am sitting at my altar with kids going in and out of my room so the door usually gets left opened, and my older son and younger son are playing the online game Roblox and my older son yells to my younger son “come here” and my younger son being in another room tries to find my older son on the same server on the game and then my older son yells “no I meant in real life” :sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:
I swear these kids are built different… and I thought I was the only one trying to enter another altered states when my kids think they are in the game… All the fresh air isn’t doing much lol

13 Likes

I have 3 kids. The older 2 are boys that are about 3ish years apart. When my oldest was in junior high, we got them a video game console. They were allowed to play on the weekends & for about 2 hours after school. As the years went on, 1 of them had an Xbox & the other had the PlayStation. They both play online games & I have been through the Roblox & Minecraft stages. (Believe it or not, both of my sons are graduated from high school & still have moments where they play the games from when they were younger)

Honestly, those little conversations that they think nothing of & you can hear from another room or area, those are the best. Especially when they are in their own world doing something completely unrelated to what is going on in the rest of the house. I miss them, but as they get older, the conversations change & the smiles are never in a shortage.

9 Likes

My stepkids do exactly the same. They play games virtually with each other from separate rooms, yelling at each other and occasionally getting up and going in to talk to each other directly.

I have asked why they don’t just sit in the same room with their respective laptops to make things easier but I’m yet to receive a sensible answer…

9 Likes

My boys would do a version of that @IrisW, originally we had the console in the living room. Then it was 1 in the living room & 1 in the bedroom. After a few years of trying to figure out the logic, they conceded & had both consoles in their room. :joy:

6 Likes

Mine play but rarely together. Ones into Pokémon and roblox and the other is a sports fanatic lol.

7 Likes

Those conversations although sometimes just don’t make sense are the best… It brings out a side of my kids i didn’t know they had and it is nice to see them playing together like that…

6 Likes

The answer to why they don’t sit together is the same reason my 29 year old sister and her gaming husband don’t have the same gaming room is so they can play the games with the headsets on and interact with other people online as well as each other all the while they scream and act in a way if we sae them on the street we would have to call some one lol… I think its mainly about privacy and also with all the loud taking and screaming (depending which game it is), they wouldn’t be able to hear over one another…

7 Likes

I would love it if my kids loved to play sports but unfortunately they don’t… I tried Karate and brought all different sports equipment only to have them back on the xbox one, Playstation 5, Nintendo switch, VR, PC, Ipad and my phone… You would have thought they had enough things to keep busy with each other but no they need my pc that i use for studying, my Iphone 12 and my new Ipad… Kids even though they drive you crazy you just love them…

8 Likes

My two are complete opposites. Only my oldest plays sports. The younger one is more creative lol

5 Likes

The interesting part is. Many adults don’t realise that this life is a game in itself :wink:

So your kids talking to each other through their game, come here, no I mean really here… No, I mean… really here…

Yeah, I have the same thing with my eldest. Trying to get her into connection with nature, but the iPad and games like Roblox etc suck her back in. It’s all a part of conditioning our younger generation these days. Sucks them in, pulls them out of ‘reality’ and makes our future generations what I have said many times in these forums “Auto-mode” humans, accepting whatever comes forth in society, never awakened.

Tem

8 Likes

Playing destiny one day. I say I got to leave for a bit guys got to go to the post office. Fireteam leader oh you need me to take us to the tower…Me no I actually have to go to the post office.

10 Likes

I would say things like that to my boys about them doing things at the house. :rofl:

7 Likes

Haha that is a great idea! Blue power ranger - the goblin is gonna break the dishes if you don’t put em up :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I am a gamer, at almost 50 years old I love to sit down unplug from the outside world for a bit and just play a game. I’m not so much into playing online with people that I don’t know but I do like to immerse myself in a storyline and solve any puzzles, etc. I mainly play RPG especially horror. It’s nice to have an outlet to escape reality for a bit, sometimes.

7 Likes

I am on the other side of 50 and I always say there is no covid in the tower. Great place to be away from the world for a while. A place where we can you know…fly.

10 Likes

I love playing games like little nightmares etc… I was never a hard gamer but did love to play occasionally… recently I have come away from that as I am in love with witchy things and I think to me it is healthier for my mind not that games weren’t a good way to chill but I need a little more meaning if you know what I mean…

8 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch I understand, I love that I’m able to incorporate gaming as a self care manner because we as adults still need “play” time. Whether it’s coloring pictures, painting, video games, playing outside, etc. Working in my craft is both fun and inspiring, but it does take work. Enjoyable work…
I’m glad I am able to balance both “play time” with work or responsibilities.

7 Likes

What’s really great is getting your spouse or better half to play the same games side-by-side together. My wife and I have played Ultima Online and Warcraft many years this way. Our kids have taken our places AND our computers playing Warcraft lately. History repeats.

6 Likes

Sounds like my house :rofl:

5 Likes

Ooh I love horror! Have you played Dark Deception yet? I’m addicted. But it’s not like I’m playing all day.

6 Likes