Krysten here and I am new to all this. HELP!

Hey my name is Krysten. I live in Elkhart, Indiana. I was born and raised here! I know very little about all this stuff but I am really excited to learn all I can! Please reply with beginner tips and tricks! What are the basics I need to know? I am lost here please help?!?

12 Likes

Hi there Krysten,

A very big warm welcome to you. So glad you have joined us.

I’m Jess from Perth, Australia.

Please if you have ANY questions just ask away here. There is someone always willing and able to help you.

I would reccomed looking at the Self-initiation course on the Spells8 website. I’m working through the courses myself as I am completely new to the craft too. It is fantastic. It teaches you everything you need to know and you can go at your own pace.

Everyone here has been welcoming and helpful. Don’t worry. I promise you there is no such thing as a silly question.

Looking forward to getting to know you. If you need anything just give a shout out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can and point you in the right direction.

:blush:

6 Likes

Welcome :relaxed:
I’m Christina and I’m from New York.
It’s great to have you here! I’d recommend the Spells8 courses:

It’s really informative. But if you need help with anything, please let me know! Or anyone for that matter!

Have a blessed day!

6 Likes

I have started the corses but now i have to wait to finish them until i have money next week for candles :frowning:

7 Likes

You could use birthday candles!! Use what you have. You could even use a candle app!! I have one for when I run out of candles.

8 Likes

Hi Krysten! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

@christina4 is right, you don’t need fancy candles unless you just want them. They just help you focus. A birthday candle or tea candle will work fine. It’s all about intent!

Meditation helps too, so check on those courses when you get to them. If you have any questions just ask and someone here will help you out!

I look forward to chatting with you!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. Any questions just ask and someone can help. Hope to talk soon

7 Likes

Hi I’m Siofra from Cape Cod! I’m an Eclectic Witch. It’s great that you found your way here! Don’t get discouraged about not having actual candles :candle:, as mentioned a candle app or birthday :birthday: candles, a tealight, jar candle, or even a battery-operated candle. Get creative!

Feel free to search or look around the forum & jump in on any post that is of interest to you. Everyone here is very friendly & supportive. Someone will get back to you as soon as they can! :star2: :infinite_roots:

6 Likes

Hi @Ayekayybayy ! Welcome! I’m Rhiannon from North Carolina. I’m pretty new here too and I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the content here, but everyone has been so wonderful I’m sure we’ll both get the hang of it. Just know you’re not alone. :blush:

6 Likes

Hi @Ayekayybayy, I’m from the WV. As for candles, you can use birthday candles as C4 said, but also check put your local dollar store. White candles can substitute for any color and there are often good deals at dollar stores. Don’t stress about having all the really cool tools and gear right away, building it up is part of the fun. Also, you can find things that can substitute until you buy the things that you want. (I have put myself on a budget). Some things you can make, some you might have on hand. And as has been mentioned , there are TONS of people here to help - we’ve all been there. So be calm and confident in knowing that you will get there, and there are people here to help. Most of all…

Welcome!

6 Likes

Warm greetings @Ayekayybayy!

Welcome to the forum and the world of magic- congrats to you on taking the first step on your witchy path :woman_mage:

As others have mentioned, the Courses are a great way to walk through and explore different topics. The forum is also a great resource for learning- if there is a topic you are interested in, search the forum tags or use the specifical Forum Search Tool to find helpful discussions.

Make yourself at home here! Blessed be :sparkles:

5 Likes