Let's catch up :)

@berta I am glad you had a nice New Year! Simplifying your life is such a good idea, one that I’m taking on board too! :yellow_heart:

@Susurrus good health, self care and positivity all sound like fab things to focus on :slightly_smiling_face: That is fantastic that you’re doing so well, I’m so happy for you! :star2:

@christina4 putting your wonderful skills to good use I see! :heart: good luck with the advanced course, you’ll smash it, I’m certain! It was a well needed break! I think with all the restrictions still in force in England, it got so hard to “see” people on SM without actually being able to see them in real life I just had to withdraw and heal for a bit. It helped a lot.

@Amethyst Thank you for your kind words, as lovely as ever :cherry_blossom: I hope you’re doing ok. Physical health is one of focuses too! I’ve let a lot slide in 2020 health wise, I need to get back on track!

@Francisco such a good idea, I had 6 months away from FB at the start of 2020 and it was such a relief. I’m thinking of coming away from it again permanently. Candle making is a wonderful one :purple_heart: Cant wait to see your creations!

My Xmas and New Year were quiet and very different than normal but we made the most of it with lots of games and Connie was rather more spoilt than usual!

This year I’m focusing on more moon work, as that seems to bring me the most peace and happiness :new_moon: I’m drawing up a business plan this New Moon (Capricorn New Moon, perfect time for it! - I’ll share a post soon!) and I’ve purchased the Moonology Diary 2021 by Yasmin Boland which I’ve been reading through and checking off all the “peak” moments for moon work this year.

Me and my husband are really focusing on cleaning up our health, physical and mental. He had a few problems with drugs in 2020 but he’s really focused and is doing so well at the moment, I’m really proud of him. :trophy:

We’re both eating clean and doing daily exercises, daily yoga and trying to get out in nature more :herb: when my mental health flags I withdraw in and I really really miss the benefits of being outdoors, so I’m trying to ensure I go out a little each day.

The Virgo :virgo: in me has taken control and I’ve got a new routine I’m working too; rising early and reading each night before bed :blue_book: Small achievable goals each day. Keeping myself busy but allocating down time and I’m really working on more active parenting. I realised late last year just how much my mental health effects my little girl and how much I hate it - when I get sad and stay in bed for example, she knows “Mummy’s sad” and she comes in and gives me cuddles and stuff :broken_heart: She’s 6, she shouldn’t have to put up with that crap. So I’m focusing on making life FUN for all of us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Next week, in between home-schooling and work, we’re tye-dying clothes :peace_symbol:, growing crystals and baking cookies :cookie: :smile:

I’ve accepted in England this year probably wont be much different than last, but I’m determined to use that as a reason for self development instead of wallowing. It’ll be all the better when we can finally all meet with loved ones again all healthy and happy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I’m over joyed reading how well you’re doing! I know and understand mental health. My kids know when I’m in bed, I’m sad too. But, being creative is fun. Ooh :open_mouth: My face light up when I read this:

My kids and I have these planned as well! All of these activities. I bought him a tye dye set with a tee shirt and a crystal growing kit for Christmas, and my daughter loves baking. I guess we have more in common than I thought :smiling_face::sparkles::sparkling_heart::sparkles:

8 Likes

That is wonderful that you have so many things working for you. I like the small achievable goals each day and I do some of the same things. My daughter is 11 and I feel the same way that she shouldn’t have to put up with my things whether they are physical or mental. She has become somewhat of a nurse and she should be doing other things. We do a lot of baking too! It’s good indoor activities like that so we don’t go too crazy staying home more. I try to get out each day too I find that I feel better if I just take the short walk up to the top of my street and come back.

I’m happy to hear that your husband is so focused you both can come up with a great plan together for the family. I hope everything continues to work out for you. It can be hard when you’re in the house for so long together to get some down time or even alone time. I’m so happy that you have found a way to do so with your family.

I hope you continue with your successes for this year! Even little steps forward are steps forward. You’ll do great! I’m very happy for you.

8 Likes

These are times that try people’s souls. It’s not looking like any improvement coming this year. Stepping back and regrouping is the way to go. There’s a lot coming at us.

8 Likes

@Abs53, welcome ! Great too see you! Hope everything is better. Completely understandable. We need to detach ourselves, now and again from social media. I quit FB, like 4 years ago and haven’t looked back. Hope your holidays were pleasant and the New years started off magnificently!

Good goals-start of new year. Enrolled in a Veterinary Technician degree program, to improve and focus on a new career. (Plus be great to work with animals)

Also, focus on my Wicca and spell work. Trying to dedicate more time to it.

Thank you,
Blessed be.

8 Likes

@Abs53

Welcome back! I know what mental illness can look like and how this past year can take it’s toll. I didn’t get to know you too well before your absence but I have linked to your material while you’ve been gone because it was so helpful to me and to others on here. :green_heart: :brown_heart: :green_heart:

I only use Facebook to talk about my recovery, eclectic wicca, and to chat with friends on Messenger. If a friend talks politics in their own feed, I unfollow them for 30 days to keep my sanity. I am so thankful for the few friends from here that I am friends with there, too. If they left Facebook, I probably would, too. All this to say, I get the whole leaving it behind idea.

I love Yasmin Boland’s Moonology Oracle Cards! :full_moon: I wonder if I would like the diary, too.

We have an energy exchange round up that I update every two weeks. If you want to be on it, you can comment on their or just let us know here or somewhere else on the site. So many are struggling with the feeling of being stuck inside and with the rolling lock-downs it has made the feeling worse. I am so happy you are taking the time to get outside and ground with the earth.

Blessed Be!

7 Likes

You’re welcome sweetie! I’m doing pretty good. Going in for tests on my heart tomorrow and I’ll see what comes of them next week. Hopefully, it’ll be alright.

I’ve got the Moonology oracle cards, those are nice. I hope the Moonology diary helps you connect to the moon more. Where I live I can’t really see it out my windows and it’s not safe to go out at night so I really miss seeing it.

I’m glad you and your husband are doing better and yay to your husband for dealing with his problem. That’s always difficult. I hope you’re able to make life good for all of your family, six-year-olds included.

It sounds like you have a good week planned! I always wanted to grow crystals but was afraid I’d muck them up.

Hopefully, the new vaccines out will protect us from this new Covid strain and we’ll be able to meet up with our loved ones soon! We’re thinking of you and wishing you good luck darling! Keep up the good work!

7 Likes

Sure sounds like everyone has a lot going on! I’m just planning on staying as true as I can to the path laid out before and seek improvement as always. 2020 was a very enlightening year for me and I feel I still have quite a ways to go. I’m looking forward to the continued effects of Witchcraft on my life.

8 Likes

I feel that 2020 was definitely the year of the Tower: Destructive and sudden changes, but with an underlying sense of higher learning and liberation… In the end, it will all be for the best.

9 Likes

Welcome back, @Abs53!!! :heart:

So glad to see things are looking up for you and your loved ones- you have been missed, it’s always great to hear from you :blush:

The new year is off to a bustling start here with work projects and other responsibilities. The holidays are over but I’m already craving another vacation- who knows when that will be! :laughing: I hope your holiday celebrations went well and you have many wonderful things to look forward to in the coming months.

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

I hear you @john4. The best we can do is hunker down and keep plodding ahead. Hang tough.

7 Likes

Hey @Abs53! Nice to see you back!

I’ve also been absent… my phone broke a week or so before Christmas, but I’ve ot a new one now, as well as so much good news!

☆ A raise/promotion for Christmas… I’m now the co-manager of the coffee shop! It feels great to have advanced this fast, plus I LOVE my job! Its a little more than the part time I planned on, but its working for me!

☆ My art is going well, at least with people I know & FB sales. For some reason, etsy has been a complete flop for me. My best friend’s shop has blown up, though, so I’m not going to give up just yet!

☆ I am 60% done with my hepatitis treatment. Its been extremely up & down… some days I feel great and some days my head stays in the toilet. Those days are hard, but I remind myself that it’s my body fighting off this disease & if it’s effecting me, it must be working!

☆ Goals for 2021: I want to continue to grow in my craft. I’ll be getting back to doing a ritual on every New and Full moon… I slacked a bit at the end of 2020 and I felt it! I’m finally getting my apartment decorated the way I want (it only took 5 months lol) and I feel so much more “me” having art on the walls. And lastly, continue getting my health to where I want/need it to be – mentally, emotionally & physically! Life is ALL about balance & I want to achieve it in as many parts of my life as possible this year!

I’m so happy everytime I come back after a small break and see SO MUCH POSITIVITY here! The world is a confusing, scary place right now, but in my witchy world, there is always plenty of sunshine!

Xo

7 Likes

@haley, great news all around for you! That’s amazing! I love to hear when others triumph and succeed! It’s a great positive feeling !

8 Likes

Wow, @haley! I’m glad things are going well for you!

7 Likes

So many good news!! Congratulations!! :sunny::sunny: :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome back, @haley! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And it looks like you brought some additional sunshine with you- so many wonderful things are happening in your life, I am so happy for you! :heart: Congrats on everything, I hope the good vibes and joy continue to flow and that all of your goals for 2021 come true.

Always great to hear from you- blessed be! :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

@haley congratulations on the good news. I will keep you in my thoughts that you have more non-toilet days during your treatment. I know what those kinds of bad days are, I get it and you are loved and will make it through this stronger than you are now.

I felt the slacking too at the end of 2020. I have a similar intention for this year going forward to continue with my witchiness.

I am very happy for you & it’s great to love your job. Your Etsy shop will have its time to shine too! It’s preparing itself for big things!

I hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!

6 Likes

@christina4 They were Xmas presents for Connie too! How funny! Lovely to hear from you! :sparkles:

@Susurrus thank you, glad to see you are doing well too :smiley:

@john4 Wise words John! :heart_decoration:

@walter WOW Walter, that’s awesome! I can really feel that working with animals would be an excellent choice for you - not sure why, just got a really good vibe when I read that! Almost googsebumps! LOL I cant wait to hear all about your progress :star:

@praecog29 Hi Benjamin! I have the moon cards too, they are beautiful! I love the diary, theres some helpful insights in there and all the main astrological moments are featured which I find really helpful! I would love to join the energy exchange :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: thank you so much

@Amethyst thank you for your warm words - ill let you know how crystal growing goes! :laughing:

@colin It sure looks like a busy year all round so far! Good luck continuing on your path :four_leaf_clover:

@Francisco absolutely, I pulled this card many times last year! Like you said, I honestly think last year was necessary. A tough life lesson, but one we will benefit from in the long run :crossed_fingers:

@BryWisteria Thank you - your warm words made me smile as always! Cant wait to catch up with forum life :hearts:

@haley Congratulations! :tada: Sounds like loads of great things are happening for you! Don’t give up on your Etsy shop :hearts: we have a Stellium in Aquarius this year - I’m going to post about it in more details - so we have loads of energy building up in this progressive, forward thinking sign. I honestly think it will bring about so much positive change this year :sparkles: I’ve slacked on rituals too and have definitely suffered for it - time for a change! x

8 Likes

@Abs53, thank you for the vote of confidence!! I’m trying, not easy. My brain is not as spongy anymore! However, i am excited for the future and working with animals will be amazing!!

6 Likes

I’m happy that you and your family are doing well! Here’s a quote I like:

“Not every day is good but there is something good in every day!”

5 Likes