Longing to be expected

Merry Meet and thank you for having me, I go by darkraven I found out about 6 yrs ago that my mother and grandmother practiced I wasn’t allowed to know because my father who was very Christian forbid it, my mother passed almost 13 yrs ago she left me a box sealed that my father didn’t give me I found it while caring for him when he was sick, so I have no formal training but have been studying and learning along the way, I just turned 50 on the 1st of November and am a adamant learner all things all the time

13 Likes

Merry meet! Its very wonderful to meet you! There is a wealth of information here on the forum and on the Spells8 site that continues to expand every day!

My name is Sara, but I go by the name Vellestia – Velle for short! I was writing a story about elves one day and picked the name for my protagonist – ended up adopting it as my Witch Name because I love it so much! :heart: :joy:
I’ve been practicing on and off for about 7 years, and found my family here just a couple weeks ago! I align to Green Magick, and have been putting up recipes for herbal self-care things and teas, as well as Herbalist knowledge here in the forum!

The people here in the forum are very caring and supportive, and are always ready to answer the questions fellow members have! So don’t be afraid to ask advice or guidance!

8 Likes

Hi! I’m Siofra from Cape Cod! I’m glad you were able to get the box from your mom & have an eagerness to keep learning.

Make sure that you check out the Spells 8 courses, there is a great diversity of knowledge there for you. You can also Search the forum & feel free to jump in on a topic or ask any questions.

If you would like to create a new topic for your interest, please remember that posts of a more personal nature can be posted in A Sacred Space. Only logged in members can see & interact with that category in the forum

Everyone here is very friendly & supportive of your unique path. I look forward to learning with you!

If you would like your name changed to darkraven, please message someone from the moderator team to assist you in doing so (Francisco, TheTravelWitch, MeganB, praecog29, or myself)

8 Likes

@dawn15 hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. I’m so glad you found your way here. Hope to chat soon

7 Likes

Merry meet @dawn15! :heart:

Welcome to the forum- we are blessed to have you here! Please make yourself at home here and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions, you have many friendly fellow coven members happy to help! :infinite_roots:

And, as Siofra mentioned, please don’t hesitate to let us know if you’d like to update your username to reflect your magick name. “Darkraven” is a lovely name! :raven:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Isn’t that nice to have something so sacred from your mother!? Sorry you had to find it that way. But I’m Christina and I’m from New York. If you need anything or have any questions, please let me know. it’s nice meeting you!!
Blessed be :pray:

5 Likes

Hello there, darkraven. I’m glad you found us!

That is a very interesting story, I’m glad you found that box from mom and your now on the way on this beautiful path.

You’ll find knowledge but also great people here, so lovely and supporting :heartpulse:

Hope to see you soon!

5 Likes

Welcome darkraven! I’m Christine from Tennessee! That is so cool you found that box! And you came to the right place for information! There is so much here and great people to help you. Good Luck on your path:)

5 Likes

Hi Darkraven! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

I’m so sorry your father kept your ancestry from you. That’s terrible. I got quite lucky in that my Mom accepted me as I was when I became pagan and even encouraged it. If you need any help or just to vent let us know and someone here will pop up and help you.

I look forward to chatting with you in the forum!

4 Likes

@dawn15 I have had a similar family situation, I’m sorry that you are going through it but I am very happy that you were able to receive the information & start on your journey. :hugs: As @Amethyst said feel free to vent or discuss new things or things that you have questions about, someone will help either with an answer or by pointing you in the right direction for an answer. :two_hearts:

3 Likes