Lucifer research

So I have been looking into Lucifer and I want to work with him but rather do research first what’s a good place to read because YouTube has a lot but not so accurate more making him look evil or satan which he is not

8 Likes

@pedros10 and @colin know more about this than I do, I believe. As I transitioned from conservative to liberal Christianity I discovered the concepts of Lucifer and Satan are more varied than what many are taught.

I hesitate to tell anyone they are wrong, but for me, in my personal walk, it’s hard to believe either are real. Satan is a foreign idea to early Judaism. It wasn’t until after the Babylonian captivity that Jewish scribes started incorporating this fallen angel motif in their writings.

The relative newness of a belief in Lucifer, and the even newer idea of him being a perfect being that never really fell but fought back against an evil Yahweh, don’t disqualify it from consideration. If that were true, more modern beliefs would be in trouble. I only share the information to prove the notions of Lucifer or Satan are more complicated than what more popular western religions would like to admit.

Edit: As you have mentioned, YouTube can be less than reliable when learning about a subject. The best channels will post their sources for personal review. Wikipedia is even more scary to consider. I am going to share this link but you may want to skip to the bibliography at the bottom for a place to start.

7 Likes

I agree that this is a very difficult topic to research since there has been misinformation going around for hundreds of years now! :sweat_smile:

The etymology of lucifer shows that it’s a Latin word from lucis, “light” and ferre, “to bear” – literally lightbearer.

The lightbearer was Venus (the planet) the morning star which anounces the sunrise. :sunrise:

Here’s an explanation:

“Lightbearer” has its first religious root in the Hebrew phrase “Heylel ben Shachar” in passage 14:12 of the Book of Isaiah in the Old Testament, meaning “son of the morning star”. In this passage Isaiah is alluding to the pride of the Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar II - prophesying his eventual fall by referencing mythological accounts of the planet Venus.

Although today Biblical scholars agree that Isaiah was referring to the Babylonian king, misinterpretations of the Biblical text, starting with St. Jerome’s Vulgate Latin translation in the early 5th century and poetic associations in Dante’s Inferno and Milton’s Paradise Lost, has led to the common Christian belief that lucifer in this instance is a reference to the satan myth of the fallen angel instead.

In short, Lucifer was never a historical being, not a god or deity of any kind. Simply a mistranslation.

Eventually it became a movement. Lucifer the Lightbearer was an individualist anarchist journal published in the United States by Moses Harman in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. You can read more about this movement here: Luciferianism.

6 Likes

I just wanted to do research because there is a lot of different stories and info and I have seen a few people online who have said they worked with Lucifer etc and so I wanted to do research because growing up I always herd supposedly he was satin or his son etc

4 Likes

Since the name translates to light bringer, you can work with him as a deity of knowledge and wisdom or enlightenment. Luciferians also see him as a guardian and liberator.

If you really feel a connection then you can go ahead and contact him like you would any deity.

This is Lucifer’s sigil.

Lucifer sigil

You could meditate as you watch the sigil and try to invite him into your ritual or invoke him as a being of light (not his evil doppleganger created by the church). Chant his name as a mantra if you need to. Go easy and see what you feel.

7 Likes

Most of what I know about him was given to me by having very continuous contact with him. I’m not sure where to direct you in terms of researching him. Anything with the word Lucfiarian is a good start though. He has been in my life in more than one form. Personally I suspect the form he conveys to me is not his true form. Rather he knows my mind and likely chooses this form because he knows I like it. I’m not sure. I’m always going to be there for him but I’d be lying if I didn’t say that we were in a bit of rough spot right now. We’ll see what happens I guess.

7 Likes

Thank you so much you always got a lot of info I love how anytime I need help you guys are always helpful! And of course I wouldn’t wanna call him as the evil one I don’t believe all that I herd a lot of people talk about him and they say he is really good at teaching and how they believe all those other stories which is why I don’t go to a Catholic Church like I grew up because I never agreed with a lot of the stuff they said and didn’t make sense to me and now that I been studying this I found out a lot of their stuff is not accurate

5 Likes

I agree with your point of view and I think Luciferianism is very interesting. For further studying, I think you could read: The Bible Of The Adversary by Michael Ford (free book available at the Internet Archive).

And also study the 11 Luciferian Points of Power:

1. Lucifer represents the light of intellect, wisdom and power unique to each individual with the courage to ascend to this responsibility.

2. The symbol of the Adversary is that of the self-liberator and spiritual rebel who inspires self-evolution.

3. Lucifer represents the balanced torch bearer of Venus: the Light Bringer as the Morning Star and the Night Bringer as the Evening Star.

Continues here

4 Likes

Thanks for those Fancisco, that was a nice little read to start my day. Those are points I can agree with. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I been reading it these past few days thank you

5 Likes