Lucky duck feathers

And the meanings too.
Find a feather?
Angels are keeping an eye on you.

2 Likes

I’m American, only red blood run through these old veins, not blue :upside_down_face:, just saying.

2 Likes

Same here.
Unlike Scarlett I did not have a Mammy trying to cover my frekles with milk.:rofl:
Having blue veins it’s a poetic way to say you need to get more sunlight.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the link about Butterfly Pea, @Basil. I learned about it at a cooking school in Thailand and had never heard about health concerns with it- it’s important to check these things out! :+1:

From the article, it looks like it is undergoing inspection in Taiwan as some studies have associated direct consumption of the seeds, pods, and roots with nausea, diarrhea, and diuresis. I couldn’t find much else about it, nor about the possible seriousness of these side effects. It can be noted that these symptoms (among many others) are also possible side-effects of drinking coffee and even black tea.

The article assures that the FDA in Taiwan considers the plant safe for food coloring purposes. The investigation in the effects of eating the seeds, pods, and roots is ongoing- I will keep an eye out for the results!

For now, it looks like it is safe to say that the butterfly pea can be used to make teas (not consuming the steeped material) :tea: and dyes :art: without concern.

I think your feathers would look wonderful with a pretty blue tint! :blue_heart::bird: Thanks again for bringing this up! :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It seems to me that drunk in moderation should not be of concern.
Will give a try anyway, love the colour, reminds me of blue irises.

3 Likes

It does indeed resemble a blue iris! Such a beautiful rich color :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :blue_heart:

1 Like