Magick Gardens 2024

My shade garden on the side of the house

and my veggie garden. The extreme heat has stopped the beans and tomatoes from flowering and the zuccinis and acorn squash bloom but no bees to pollinate them :frowning:

9 Likes

How can we take a picture and make it live to do the work of the pollinators we don’t see enough of around us? Native Americans believed pictures stole the Soul. It would be cool if we could take the pic of “pollen butt” above and transplant him to help with @Artemisia 's crops.

7 Likes

Those are stunning :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

It all looks amazing and healthy. Sucks about the bees. Don’t see as many these days. Mostly see wasps or bumble bees sometimes

8 Likes

I love that pollen butt.

7 Likes

By Joss Frazier on Pinterest

I wanted to try to grow Snap dragons they are so neat when the petals die :skull: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

I think next year, I need to make sure I have more flowers for the pollinators in my herb garden. I’m not sure if the extreme heat and drought is keeping them away or in low concentrations, but I remember seeing more even last year.

9 Likes

Those are sick!!! That’d be awesome :sunglasses::sunglasses:

9 Likes

I’m not sure either. That’s a good plan though darling. Same I’d like to have my flowers next year. I’d like some roses too :heart_eyes_cat:

9 Likes

By this do you mean a picture of the actual pollen parts of the flower or a bee (aka pollen butt)? :hibiscus: :honeybee:

Now you’ve got me thinking if there’s a spell or something to help attract them :thinking:

9 Likes

These were @MeganB pics from June 4, this thread.

b44cd0cc2b3edc5fc3e20fae6e7bd7403b353d80_2_500x500

6632069543cf5082f46f9b147d9918c29c510aba_2_500x500

10 Likes

Aww those are adorable :star_struck:

8 Likes

Those are beautiful pictures!

8 Likes

Gosh what I would give to see those guys in my flowers right now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: They are adorable :black_heart: :yellow_heart: :honeybee:

8 Likes

Hi :wave: I managed to take a few pictures while out in my yard the other day. So many things need tending to in the front of my house, I don’t know what the deal is this year but my front is just in need of some TLC… Since we will be having work done to our home, I didn’t want to split anything to have to move them more than once while the work is being done. So we left everyone alone this year… Now my brain is like… Aaahhh… you need to fix this!!!

One side of my archway with a bunch of daisies, our bird bath, and a section of daylilies that line our driveway

We call those Jurassic Hostas, they are behind my Rose of Sharon bush that is now a centerpiece in my front yard :laughing:

Another bunch of daisies and a daylily, but the thing with this one is that every year it’s a flower, inside a flower, inside a flower… It’s just starting and you can see the double flower. No idea where we got this one from or the other ones… they sort of appeared 1 year in our daylilies

One of my hostas that needs to split but the flowers have come up in it & another section of the daylilies (There are 4 or 5 different ones that surround my driveway, so I took the pictures in chunks because there are also plants & flowers in the center)

Some more of the daylilies

I have so many plants & flowers that need to be split or separated. I was looking forward to doing it this year, but then the house stuff happened & I couldn’t see splitting & moving any of them to have to do it 1 or 2 more times. So once the house things are finished we are going to move some of them.

I already have a neighbor that is going to take some of my Irises when I split them. I have 2 different kinds; but all of them need to be separated & split. Along with some smaller daylily plants, hostas, irises, foxglove, daisies, and I know there is something else that needs to be done. We are also trying to mark where flowers are in the front too. Then it will be easier to keep the grass tidy without worrying about whether we just took down a flower that hasn’t bloomed yet. This year has been tough with the flowers and plants all coming up at different times. The grass seems to have doubled or tripled in some spots.

I was saying to my husband that I have never seen so much grass in our very front garden or the edges of our driveway between and around the daylilies.

9 Likes

Such a beautiful garden! The flowers are all so beautiful :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

7 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really have to remember to put a marker where some of the flowers are coming up in the center so it makes it easier to cut the grass. Which… apparently the grass this year is on a takeover mission because I have never had so much of it in my very front garden and intermingling with my daylilies by the driveway. There’s so much! We have had more than our fair share of rain this year though.

7 Likes

Gorgeous garden! I love the daisies :blossom: I have never seen a double daylily! How wonderful!!!

Oh, how I wish I lived closer! I love being able to trade plants when you thin things out. I have ferns, daylilies and hellebores that need thinning and separating

7 Likes

Yes I have a network of neighbors that we trade plants :rofl: I just got 4 red sunflower plants from 1 for some raspberry bushes. My friend gave me 6 raspberry baby bushes but my son is allergic to raspberries, so I gave 4 to my friend for the sunflowers then 2 to my other neighbor/friend.

I actually have quite a bit that will need to be thinned and separated, I have 2 bleeding heart bushes that need to be separated and moved, 2 different types of hostas so there’s about 12 plants total, 2 different irises, a row of forsythia, the Rose of Sharon needs a trim at least :laughing: I have to find the flowers I planted last year and mark them and separate 2 daisie bunches.

If anyone would like to come help me separate plants let me know :rofl: The front garden has a tangle of irises, small day lilies, and a fox glove I need to rearrange… plus those day lily bundles will need to be separated too :joy: The fall is nice where I am! We can have a fire out back afterward! Go home with some pretty plants!

Which reminds me, we found seeds for Black Bleeding Heart plants that we are going to germinate. I’m kind of excited I’ve never personally seen a Black one. I have light and dark pink ones, I’ve seen white ones… But never black.

6 Likes