Magick Gardens One

That sounds like a wonderful idea, I’m going to try talking to mine! :heart:
Thank you @WitchAngel111 for sharing your beautiful Orchid!

I have a White one that I was gifted several years ago. The first summer I put it outside literally to die. Well, to my surprise, it survived and has bloomed every year since. I think it needs a bigger pot, so I will do that when I find a suitable one. I had to look up how to care for it because I had no clue!

10 Likes

Your yard looks beautiful! What a beautiful memorial for your brother! I love it!
:heart:

8 Likes

Thank you, @marsha, his memory is alive and well for us :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Honestly, we do that in the grass, not the garden, and it doesn’t help at all. There’s just too many and so much ground to cover that it doesn’t matter lol

8 Likes

Thank you!

9 Likes

Thank you @Mistella!!!

9 Likes

Yes indeed. I think they soak up all that loving energy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think mine needs repotting as well. I’ve just been so afraid I will kill it. :pleading_face:
I will have to though I think. Give it a new home to super thrive in. :heart:

9 Likes

14 June 2022

I love these beautiful flowers! I have bought seeds two years in a row and they never even come up. I bought this potted flower last summer, and I’m so glad it survived the winter.

Blanket Flowers are also known as Firewheel

The Kiowa saw the flower as a good luck charm and would often decorate their homes with it. The flowers may be found on roadsides and are very drought-tolerant.

Little scientific research has been done on the medicinal use of the plant, but the Acoma Pueblo used a tea of the whole plant to wash to sore nipples of nursing mothers, especially to wean the infant. An infusion of the plant was used by the same tribe as a psychological aid to ‘become good drummers.’ An Apache writer credits a red tea made from the tops and roots of the plant, taken six doses a day, in curing him of high blood pressure, and describes the use of the powdered plant as a styptic for wounds. The chewed powdered root was used on skin disorders, and the tea could also be taken for gastroenteritis.

~Texas Witchery

16 Likes

There are some amazing pictures of gardens & flowers! We just re-decorated our patio by the fire pit & we have some things starting to come up… I’ll have to get some newer pictures of the continual work in progress this season! :revolving_hearts:

Beautiful pictures everyone! :infinite_roots:

8 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures @Susurrus :dizzy:

8 Likes

This was given to me 6 years ago when my husband and I bought our home. It was a single “twig” – it was a clipping from a rose bush my great grandmother had taken care of when she was alive - when she passed - her granddaughter clipped a piece and planted at her house. When we moved here – we had a house warming party and she brought me a clipping from it…this is what that tiny twig looks like today – photo taken Wednesday night with me in front of it for size comparisons.

19 Likes

Those are some very happy roses to thrive like that, @SilverBear ! :rose::blush: They (and you too!) look absolutely beautiful! :sparkles:

7 Likes

That’s such a beautiful gift! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :rose:

The roses are pretty, of course, but to have that little piece of your great grandmother with you at your house makes it extra special. :heart:

8 Likes

What a beautiful tribute to your great grandmother! Wow! Those are some special roses! :rose:

8 Likes

I finally took my phone onto the deck and got some pictures of the plants that are not dying yet! Scroll on down I posted the photos below!

7 Likes

Beautiful pink roses @SilverBear :rose: What a lovely memorial for your great grandmother!

7 Likes

@AileyGrey Here’s what I see on my screen:

I can’t see the pictures! Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

I’m not sure what happened… Maybe they are too large or you posted the message before it was done uploading… Or the system messed up!

I would really like to see your photos… please try again.

6 Likes

I see the same :pensive:

8 Likes

17 June 2022
New Garden Discovery

For the first time, I have White Hollyhocks blooming. Several years ago, maybe 5 or 6, I planted Hollyhock seeds all around my yard. It was a mixed-color package, so I’m happy to include white ones this year.

White Hollyhock

Look closely, it has protection:rofl:

White Spider

This is my first white spider! I have never seen one before, so this one is quite special to me!
:heart: :spider_web:

17 Likes

@marsha oh no! Trying again!

13 Likes