Making a Kitchen Altar

I dabble a little in kitchen witchery and have been considering a small kitchen altar to use while I work in the kitchen. I’m curious if anyone has created one or have any ideas or suggestions for one?

9 Likes

Oh WOW :heart_eyes: I love this idea!!!
Growing herbs in the North… wooden spoon wand and chopping knife bolline/athame… Cauldrons! Yummy home-cooking incense… lots of spices, vanilla, cloves
Oh man, I’d put my coffee machine in the West :joy:
I can’t wait to have my own kitchen again one day :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

It just dawned on me that I did put my coffee maker in the west of my kitchen! Lol!

4 Likes

Im not familiar in kitchen witchery but found these YouTube videos. Hope these help! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you @Missa! These were helpful

1 Like

Definitely add lots of herbs, apothecary style!

Daniel shared some pictures of his cabinets a while back and they look great! here: Altars! Love to see yours!

tumblr_mqns5zr0KZ1rkv3ueo1_500
via Pinterest

Ideas for a Good Herbal Apothecary:

• Cleansing, purification, relaxation: Chamomile, calendula, comfrey, lavender, eucalyptus, carnation, olive, patchouli, rosemary, sage, sandalwood, valerian, vervain, mint, rue. Also, sea salt and Epsom salts.

• Banishing: Bay leaves, cinnamon, myrrh, salt, red pepper, nettle.

• Healing: Comfrey, lavender, patchouli, basil, rose, lemon.

• Peace and protection: Lavender, lemon, orris root, cardamom, thyme, vervain, basil, rue, frankincense, cedar, rosemary, sage, valerian, “dragon’s blood powder” (palm tree resin).

• Dreams, divination, enhancing psychic abilities: Mugwort, chamomile, sandalwood, sage, lavender, dittany of Crete.

• Love and passion: Rosewater, rose petals, damiana, galangal root (an Indian spice), lavender, patchouli, powdered orris root, vervain, cinnamon.

• Prosperity and success: High John the Conqueror root, bay leaves, cinnamon, vervain, anise seeds, orange peel, coffee.

6 Likes

Thank you @Francisco! I need to get bottles or jars for my spices and herbs. They came in baggies.

2 Likes

Ohhhh a small kitcher altar sounds like a lovely idea, @Brenda10! I’ve only used small temporary displays for rituals when cooking, but I’m sure to keep my spices lined up neatly and maintain a windowsill kitchen herb garden :herb:

My kitchen apothecary goal is @roxanne’s gorgeous spice cabinet that she shared in How do your store your herbs?. I would love a kitchen apothecary like that someday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes