Making a Travel Altar

I got some as a ‘freebie’ with an order I placed and they are really cool. I wish I knew where to get more. I have used them sparingly because I have a limited number of them.

3 Likes

@Francisco Please, forgive my curiosity. I have questions… What are the loops of rope used for? What do you keep in the dropper bottle and what is the little gold disc by your pendulum?

I love your method of working… it is always so clean and uncluttered… I envy you that you have ‘lived’ with the craft all your life. At my age I feel like I am trying to catch up. Through my life ALL the element of have been there I just never put the pieces together until now. It is exhilarating and freeing.

6 Likes

Thanks for your comment! Great observations, Berta!

The rope, we made it out of grass with my wife a while back. They are part of a love spell that I like to keep :gift_heart:. The golden circle is a holder for the incense cones. And that is an oil blend I made a while back. The photo is old so I’m not sure exactly what was in there. Probably for headaches or safe travels!

6 Likes

Oh I love that you kept the grass ropes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am trying to organize a travel box but it may just end up being my box for outdoor spells when I don’t want to drag my larger box outside. I found a really cool wooden cigar box at a resale shop and have been adding things as I find them. Its nice to see how others have put theirs together. Thank you so much for sharing yours.

5 Likes

I have an old Ryder Waite Smith Tarot deck that I use in my travel Altar. I have two chime candles and holders, two small glass bowls one for salt the other for water, an incense burner and incense cones, pen, paper, and a small ceramic bowl for a brazier. I use the Emperor to represent the God and the Empress to represent the Goddess. I use the Ace of each suit to represent the elements.
I usually use it to travel to a friend’s house that want a spell done. Quitting smoking is the most common spell I travel for.

6 Likes

Cigar box travel altar…

Its a start…

10 Likes

Gorgeous, @Berta! :heart_eyes: It’s such a cute and perfect box- and wow, you managed to pack it full of wonderful things! :package::two_hearts:

4 Likes

I really need to make a travel altar since I do travel between one house and my small apartment in a town 300 miles away. My husband works with wood and is designing something small for me but these things take time. I am patient, I can wait. In the meantime I do have a smallish trunk that I keep all my incense in (I have a large collection, love smelly things)that I can clear out in a pinch. You all have such nice travel sized things. I am still searching Etsy for travel altar items. Slowly…

6 Likes

@Magdelina I make some of my ‘travel sized’ items and I look at second hand shops for unique Items to use. I couldn’t find a small yellow fan so I made one. I used copper for the handle to give it added oomph… Everything has to fit into a cigar box - so pretty small…7"x7’x4’

4 Likes

That is a beautiful fan of feathers. I live so far out that second hand stores aren’t really a thing here except I did find one that I wanted to check out soon. I will be making a short list of things I want in my travel altar. Thanks!

6 Likes

That’s amazing, Berta!! Your travel altar is looking really good, you even have the incense matches!

4 Likes

I have loved this project Francisco. It was fun getting creative but still finding things that really spoke to my heart. I even found a little cast iron cauldron. Everyone here has inspired me. You have no idea how much it has meant to me to have Spells8 to connect with. :slight_smile: :heartbeat: :slight_smile: :heartbeat: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@berta I made a besom for my altar today. It turned out nicely.

I also decorated my wand and will have pictures later. Was in a crafty mood tonight. Now I am off to do my homework. I have a 3-4 page essay due tonight. :woozy_face:

8 Likes

VERY nice - I like it :slight_smile: @Magdelina. Glad you got a little break and got to be creative! Hope your homework went well last night.

4 Likes

Kudos on your crafting skills, Tracy! Right on time for tonight’s Full Moon :full_moon:

You can sweep your altar with a blessing chant:

“Tonight and every night, I sweep prosperity and abundance into my life.”

6 Likes

@Francisco I love that chant thanks. Going to use it when I set up for my self dedication :slight_smile:

7 Likes

UPDATE: LOL I finally PACKED everything I think I want into my travel altar cigar box.

I love this so much. In the process I found a really cool option for candles holders. If you google Travel Menorah you can find them… they have magnetic candle holders that stick to tin box lids. Really cool. The tin box keeps the candles and you can also add small baggies of spices or herbs.

5 Likes

Something different but also small in which you can travel with its size. Daemonolatry triangle for invocation. I love small tools and alters. As the Hekate alter I shared on Show your Alter thread.

5 Likes

My altar changes all the time, it’s never the same altar twice!

6 Likes

I love my traveling alter, it’s so convenient, beautiful, and still does the job.

7 Likes