Merry Meet! Another newbie here

Good day!
My name is Mel, and you guessed it, I am new here. I am not sure what to say other than I have embarked on a spiritual journey on a Wiccan path. This would probably be frowned upon by my Mother and my Brothers, but they are free to believe as they believe while feeling love and acceptance for who they are. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I too want to feel accepted and loved without fear for being who I am. So here I am.
I am a lover of Star Wars and Anime. I am a full-time online student as well as a loving partner and dog Dad, oh and I work full-time too. In addition to my school studies, I make time to do some Wiccan studies as well. (I have spare time somewhere, I promise.) I am grateful for this website and being able to access the content available to help me with my journey.

11 Likes

Welcome @Melikai I’m glad you are here :slight_smile: And I knew you were a Star Wars fan too from the profile pic! Sounds like you have a LOT going on! So awesome that you’re making time to start this journey. I’m sure you’ll find this wonderful coven to be full of knowledge, advice, accepting and loving! Welcome welcome!

8 Likes

Welcome and merry meet! I think you’ll fit in perfectly around here – I’m also a member of the LGBTQIA+ community, and I’ve felt nothing but genuine respect and love from all the Infinite Roots / Spells8 members :heart:

I’m Wade from central Ohio - I’m still figuring out how to label my spirituality, but I guess I could say I’m an eclectic Witch? :thinking:

I look forward to learning here with you :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome from another member of the LGBT+ community and a relative newbie. Oh and dogs mum to a rescue Rottie cross.

I’m a solicitor and on The Law Society LGBT+ Lawyers Division Committee and have been studying and practicing Wicca for a couple of months now.

You’ll find we’re a friendly bunch :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Mel, without prejudice you are welcomed with open arms here.
From what you said you’ve already made some tough decisions. Be strong.

9 Likes

Is that Tattooine I see?? Welcome to the Coven :infinite_roots: Amazing to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You will have no worries being accepted here for all that you are :heartpulse: My daughter is also a member of the LGBTQ+ community :heartpulse: I’m Lisa an eclectic Witch and Norse pagan from Scotland :grin: If you need anything at all just ask. Also, don’t know if you’ve seen them yet but the The Courses on the website have been invaluable for me this last few weeks and the help from my fellow Coven members has been a blessing :heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Mel! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the coven! :infinite_roots:

We’re a welcoming bunch, so if you have any questions just pop up and ask and someone will help you out! If you get a chance, join us tomorrow for our Group Ritual for a cup of tea or coffee. It’s a great way to get to know the coven and doesn’t take too long.

I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Merry meet, Mel @Melikai! :sparkles:

That was a lovely introduction- it is a pleasure to meet you!

As others have mentioned, you can rest assured that the community here is a safe space for witches from all across the LGBT+ spectrum- you are very welcome in the Infinite Roots Coven, Mel! :infinite_roots: :heart: :rainbow:

There is a lot happening here in the forums and on the main Spells8 site. To help you get your bearings, I recommend taking a peek at the weekly news post called Merry Meet Monday. And if you have any questions as you explore your craft, please don’t hesitate to reach out! :blush:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon! Blessed be :heart:

7 Likes

Welcome and you are absolutely welcome here! Anime is also welcome here. :sweat_smile::heart: I’m Christina and I’m from New York. I’m an Eclectic witch. If you couldn’t tell, I dabble here and there with every aspect of the craft. So glad you’re here! There’s so much great info and better yet, the friends you’ll meet are like family.
Blessed be

6 Likes

Hello, nice to meet you and welcome too @Melikai , here comes another one that loves anime too, same as you I’m also someone that does watch anime in my free time or when its the holidays and have seen a lot of it in my teenage years in the past and I admit I still do watch it when possible. I’m either called as Anne or Margaret here, any of those two really is fine with me to be called by anybody. Good luck to your classes studies, I understand how difficult it is to be an online full time student ,schedules can be hectic and it may seem like there’s no end to the paperwork. Someday I’ll find and adopt another dog or cat too for fun

Blessed Be,
Margaret

5 Likes

Is spare time a thing? Because I feel like I’m missing that from my life. Welcome to the coven :infinite_roots: I’m Siofra from Cape Cod. I’m partially in the broom closet with some friends & family because they would frown upon it. My closest friends are either witches or accept my beliefs without judgment. I think everyone wants to feel that way.

We watch Star Wars in this house too & the Mandalorian. I can’t believe I have to wait until December for the next season to start, but it is what it is. I’ll wait. I just won’t like it. :rofl:

If you have any questions everyone here is very nice & supportive. Someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

I have done the online student thing. I was in college for Accounting & Finance until I couldn’t do anymore. I tried to keep going though.

I have 2 dogs. One of them is laying next to me, just shy of on me. I was just telling my son that their day is all thrown off if they don’t get their snuggle time in the morning with me. Break their routine & they don’t know what to do with themselves.

I hope you have a great day! & if you see anything that interests you, just jump in the conversation! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes