Merry Meet / Capabilities of a Witch

Hello Fellow-Witches/Practioners!

I’m Bre’Shauna, a 24 yo Woman from Chester Pennsylvania. I’m earning a degree in Creative Writing and I work with lesser fortunate High school students. I’ve been slowly learning about the craft for over 2 years, with very minimal progress. I decided to join this community to empower/protect myself and everything/one attached to me.

My only question is: What does magick look like in this reality, If our magic doesn’t move items or freeze time- What are the capabilities of a powerful Witch/Practitioner ( Besides future telling and medium work)?

Thank you in advance for responding to this post, as it is my first post on Spells 8.

-Blessed Be,
Warrior.

9 Likes

Like love. You know it when its real :heart:

8 Likes

Hiya @WarriorWitch,

I’m Jess and I’m very new to the craft too and really have only just started to study witchcraft and the Wiccan path recently. I have always had an interest in the craft but I never took the next step to begin to practice as I did not want to disrespect anyone who did practice by being completely rubbish at it. But one thing that I have learned so far is that everyone’s journey is unique and everyone is supported to practice in their own way that feels right to them.

A very warm welcome to you from Perth, Australia. So happy to have you here with us and that you have reached out to the coven.

I promise you that you have come to the right place. You will meet some of the most amazing people.

If you ever have any questions, please just reach out here and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

You have a really great point. How does magic look? Well from my understanding it’s not puffs of smoke or magickal sparks. It’s our basic intention that we send out into the universe through our actions and thoughts, whether they be spells or incantations or even simple rituals. You may not necessarily “see” your magic. But as @Valen said, you just feel it, you just know, you know?. The more you practice the more in tune you become to your own unique power and the more you can feel it.

But I am only a very brand new baby witch myself and some days I do doubt my own skills and power, but that is normal. I know there are far more people in this coven that have way more experience than me and a lot that are far more eloquent with their words that can explain it better than I can. In the meantime, maybe this link may help:

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning right along with you,

Jess

6 Likes

@WarriorWitch hello and welcome. I’m crystal from Ohio. Hope to chat soon

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! We’re so happy to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for your question, you’ll get a lot of different answers depending on who you ask. Some people view witchcraft through a psychological lens. They believe that witchcraft is :sparkles: spicy psychology :sparkles: and works like a placebo in your own mind.

Others such as myself learn to work with the natural energy surrounding everything in the world. I am an animist witch. This means that I know that everything around me, from my computer to my home to the trees and rocks outside, have their own inherent spirit and energy. When I work witchcraft, I’m working with the energies of the world around me, my own energy, and sometimes the assistance of the Gods or the spirits of the Land, to bring about change.

I can’t tell you how magic works. I can tell you that I have done workings to help heal someone that has suffered from a heart attack. I have done workings to help me embrace self-confidence and self-love. I have done workings to bring more money into my life so I can provide for my family. I have done workings to bring healing to someone that still doesn’t know what’s causing their pain.

These all look different in the way they work. Some people may call it coincidence that the person who had a heart attack made a full recovery. Some would say that it was at the hands of the doctors and surgeons that treated him. But who’s to say that my magic and my working didn’t help his heart rest while he was put in a medically-induced coma? Whose to say that my magic didn’t help ensure that the best cardiothoracic surgeon was on-call that night? Whose to say that I didn’t play a hand in that?

Our magic is more subtle. Our magic works with the flow of natural laws around us. Just because we can pull the strings of fate and physics doesn’t mean we can change them altogether.

Again, every witch is going to have a very different answer (and I encourage it!) so I hope I’m not the only one that replies to your question :pray:t3:

:heart: Megan

4 Likes

Welcome Warrior Witch! I’m Christine and live in Tennessee. I’m new here and just started practicing the craft, but there’s so much information here and mini courses to start, and many people that can answer your questions! Hope we talk soon:)

5 Likes

Hi @WarriorWitch! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

Magic can’t work against physics. So yeah, no freezing time witch is a bummer. Everyone’s magic looks differently and you can’t see it with the normal eye but you see it inside of yourself. It’s hard to describe.

For instance, there’s a prayer I say at night to bless and protect my home, and I imagine energy covering my windows and doors so no one can get in, like a shield. The energy I imagine is a blueish white.

Now, my favorite color is purple, so if I could pick any color for my magic to be it would be purple, but no, it’s always a blueish white.

A powerful witch can do anything she sets her mind to, as long as it’s physically possible. But a lot of shadow work and self-care goes into that first. And meditation and energy work.

In other words, you’ll be able to better your chances at that job or make yourself more attractive, but twitching your nose to get the dishes done just isn’t happening. Sadly.

I’m gonna leave a link up to our courses section, so that will help give you some of the answers you need. And I’m sure other people will have a response to your question and it may be different from mine. Everyone’s magic is different. That’s what makes it so magical.

If you have any other questions don’t be afraid to ask, someone will pop up to help you out. I look forward to getting to know you in the group!

Blessed be!

3 Likes

I have a similar experience @Amethyst with energy colors. I see blue for casting circle and I’ve thought well I will just visualize it purple or red or whatever but it always just slips back to blue. No idea what it means but it is a funny thing that happens with me.

2 Likes

I believe we set our limits. Have you ever watched unbreakable? Bruce Willis behaved in a way that in his mind people should. His perception of reality shaped his actual reality until he was more or less tricked far outside of it. How is the line. Free your mind and the rest will follow. That is what I am working on. I am absolutely not willing to believe our magick doesn’t or can’t do anything. Even if I fail I will be keeping at it until I wind up with a knowing grin.

5 Likes

Warm greetings @WarriorWitch! :blush:

As someone who used to work as a teacher, I have full respect for what you do- you have a big heart to help your students through their difficulties! And that’s an amazing area of study, I’ve taken a few creative writing courses and always wished I had added into my degree as a minor. I’m cheering you on as you work towards your degree :partying_face:

This is a really great question and I can see you’ve got some amazing answers from the coven :blush::infinite_roots:

Others have already put it great, and I agree about magick being defined differently from person to person. I think of magick as both a universal and intimately personal thing. Everyone here pursues, uses, or studies magick, and yet the concept of magick is likely different to each and every one of us.

Things that I consider to be magick (such as meditation, visualization, grounding, lucid dreaming, etc) others might say are strictly psychology, religious, scientific, herbalism, etc. It’s hard to draw a line on what is magick/what isn’t magick because to me, so long as you choose to recognize it as such, magick can exist in every aspect of your life :sparkles:

Magick is amazing to me because it brings us all together while also letting us be the wonderfully unique people that we are :heart:

As for what it looks like? To me, magick looks like change. It is the manifestation of our wishes coming into being, the improvements we make in our lives, the natural change of the seasons and the world around us. In my own practice, whether someone calls it “magick” or not- magick is a natural, powerful force and it exists all around us, every day. We can fight it or embrace it, let it guide us or take control of it (to an extent).

That was a fun question to explore and it has been a delight reading everyone’s responses- looking forward to continuing to hear what forms/appearances magick takes in everyone’s practices!

Thanks again to Bre-Shauna for sharing such a thought-provoking question! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Hey Crystal!

I just moved to Pennsylvania from Ohio. One of the reasons I left is because I felt so alone in my life and craft, since not many folks from Ohio practice. Where were you while I lived in Girard, OH?

Anyway, Nice to meet you! Thank you for responding to my post.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this valuable perspective!!

6 Likes

Hi Christine, thank you for responding, I’m always willing to connect with other Practitioners. We all have something to learn from each-other.

4 Likes

Welcome to The Infinite Root Coven @WarriorWitch !!!

4 Likes

Hey Girl!
Welcome to the coven. Magick isn’t something that can be explained in a few sentences. It begins with a thought. Magic, is a concept used to describe a mode of rationality or way of thinking that looks to invisible forces to influence events, effect change in material conditions, or present the [illusion]of change.
I could write volumes about the Magick of Wicca, Witches and Witchcraft, what it is or is not.
Magick is finding your connection to the Earth and all that is natural, alive and moving in the universe! It binds all that exists together.
Magick is living in balance with the flow of life, and knowing that you are a vital force within that flow. Magick is everywhere! In the trees, rain, stars, and in the sea. It is the spark that quickens a seed to rise up from the soil.
Magick is laughter, joy, wonder and truth the of the world around us!
It is the subtle enchantment that reminds us not to waste a single moment of this gift that we call life! Magick is not greed, or power, or pretense…It is real. It exists. And it works.
Magick is the mystery that lies in the secret soul of the world. It is the essence of creation. What we imagine, we have the power to create!
The human mind is a miracle.
MAGICK IS WITHIN YOU…
With it you can create your dreams, heal your world, love your life and find the peace that lives in every human heart.
Unknown Author What is Magic | Magick
I do not mean to sound irreverent, but think of Magic as the “Force” from Star Wars. Now, it is NOT the Force, but the energy that flows through everything. A drop of water, a breeze, a volcano or a golden field. Every life, animal, mineral or vegetable has an energy .
This energy is what we use to make magic through the elements, fire, water, earth or air.
I know this is a lot to digest but it takes years to learn Magick. This is an excellent place to start. Take the free lessons they offer. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we all came here seeking knowledge and that is the common denominator for us all. Miss Warrior you are welcomed with love to share wisdom.
Garnet
(illusion | Definition, Examples, & Facts | Britannica)

6 Likes

Jess, maybe it’s time you moved up from Baby Witch. Your answer to Warrior was so well stated yet shows the excitement we all share.
As always be blessed, be safe and know you be loved.
Garnet

5 Likes

Thank you xxx

4 Likes

Love the way you explain it. :heart:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, @WarriorWitch! Blessed be! :sparkles::blush:

4 Likes

@WarriorWitch welcome, merry meet :slight_smile: and thank you for asking such an interesting question! I learned a lot from the responses today. Your work sounds amazing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes