Merry Meet from East Texas

Thank you so much. I’m really looking forward to this!!!

8 Likes

You are very welcome! Have a great weekend & I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 Likes

Yeah that is very true. It’s really bad out here in East Texas it’s intolerance central for sure. I’m in between Longview and Tyler.

7 Likes

You as well!!!

8 Likes

Welcome! My name is Ailey. I’m from Georgia. I know what you mean about reading and studying and just feeling right! I feel the same. I look forward to getting to know you!

7 Likes

Thank you Ailey!!! I’m looking forward to getting to know you as well. It’s going to be nice to not be alone anymore that’s for sure.

8 Likes

Hi @joshua1, welcome!! Yes, living in Texas/the bible belt makes it hard to find others in the craft as we tend not to be very open. As @Ostara stated I’m in the Houston area, originally from Bryan/College Station. I am familiar with the Longview/Tyler address and they are pretty religious up there as well.

Anyways, welcome to this amazing coven and forum! Everyone here is full of amazing information that they are willing to share so don’t be afraid to ask questions or seek advice. I practice an eclectic green witch path and am studying tarot and astrology at the moment.

I’m addition to the courses that @Amethyst mentioned, there is also the daily and lunar rituals that area great place to start incorporating the craft into your daily life. You can also find tons of great books in the Spells8 Book Club.

Again, welcome!!

7 Likes

Merry meet and welcome :infinite_roots: @joshua1

I’m Marsha, an Eclectic Witch from Colorado. I’m so glad you have joined us, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you better. There are lots of friendly and helpful people here, so if you have any questions, just ask Q&A

Love :heart: & Magick :dizzy:

6 Likes

Yeah they are pretty hateful out here in small town USA. I’ve learned to just let it slide off because they dont understand or know enough to be hateful out of knowledge, just ignorance and I dont hold it against them. Live and let live.

7 Likes

Hi Marsha Merry meet, it’s nice to meet you and to be a part of this coven. Im an open book and don’t mind answering anything you ask me. I’m happy to finally be with others that practice!!!

7 Likes

Yup! I’ll entertain questions if they are genuinely interested in learning more but otherwise I just tell them I don’t have the energy to waste on them. If they continue and get really rude, my sailor mouth might come out. A favorite hobby of mine is pointing out what pagan rituals their Christian traditions come from.

6 Likes

Their entire religion is really just a poor ripoff of Paganism

5 Likes

Okay my family lives on Cape Cod, totally different side of the country, time zone, culture… everything. Anyway, my son went on a road trip to TX & flew home from San Antonio… (Bulverde?) @Amaris_Bane knows the area, because we have talked about this… anyway… funny story…

My son went on a road trip out there because his friend is moving there & my son hasn’t been there & was helping but flew home on Friday. One night they went out to dinner before he left, but if you know my son, it’s not a far stretch that he could be from the South somehow, his friend though… you just… you just know that he’s from a different everything… anyway… they go out to dinner & the friend wants to fit in more, my son just wears his own clothes not thinking anything of it when the friend went to change. The friend, put on my son’s jeans & the same color/type of shirt as my son then sat next to him at the restaurant. My son doesn’t think about these things, he’s happy with what he’s wearing, who cares what anyone else is doing… then the waitress says something to him & he looks at his friend. They are wearing the same exact outfit. The waitress thought they were a couple. The friend’s brother took a picture of the look on the friend’s face when she said it to my son & it clicked to the friend… they laughed so much at the friend for trying so hard to fit in that he failed so miserably. His brother told him, next time just be yourself… they are people too & you can’t hide that you’re not from around here. :rofl:

5 Likes

People in general these days are more concerened about how different others are from them and so focused on finding something negative about it that they forget to look at themselves. It all boils down to each individuals perception and understanding of things.

6 Likes

We’ll call him Mike, my son was like, “Mike, you’re the one that is going to live here, be yourself & not me. I’m going home Friday. This is your life now.”

My son doesn’t care because he went through a whole series of things & he told me, I accept who I am & I don’t know other’s circumstances, so I’ll do me & they can do them. Mike is very, appearances & such. As a person, my son said the main difference is, “Mike doesn’t appreciate what he has or gets. They are just things that get tossed. Everything is disposable or replaceable with something better. He’s not going to survive out there or anywhere until he accepts himself & learns to be grateful”

I guess it’s the difference between the way they were raised & their circumstances. They grew up with each other, but they are two very different people. it was just a funny story because they wound up wearing the same outfit & Mike who is so appearance oriented just couldn’t believe that he didn’t fit in acting like my son & went a totally different way than he expected.

The way it was worded by the waitress was different for my son too. He wasn’t expecting the way she said it, even though she was very pleasant & happy. He said she was a great waitress but “Mike” was embarrassed the rest of the meal & tried to avoid eye contact.

I have already been told by my son that when my daughter is out of high school, I am moving to the area he lives in down south because he knows how much I love the south. I personally have lived in TX on two separate occasions & two separate areas & KY. My father & mom moved to FL in 2003. My brother lived in GA but was transferred to Ft. Bragg, so now is in NC but goes to GA most weekends. So we visit those areas to see family & my medical conditions appreciate warm weather throughout the year, anything under 60 & my body starts getting upset :rofl: so he wants me to move once my daughter has finished high school closer to where he will be going. I heard TN & KY mentioned, both places I would relocate to if it was possible. But that’s a family conversation in a few years. She’s only going into 8th grade right now.

5 Likes

It’s hard to choose, isn’t it? I just picked one and started. LOL! I still go through the tarot ones from time to time.

Hope you have fun learning!

5 Likes

I keep checking the one on Goddesses & did what I could for Runes. So, I’ll be checking that one too!

4 Likes

Hi @joshua1 and welcome! :blush: I joined about a year ago and I love it here. I’ve been slowly going through all of the great information in the forums. There are some very talented and knowledgeable people here, for sure.

I’m currently in Oklahoma, but I grew up in Navasota, TX. Not too far from where @Amaris_Bane grew up. My family has been on the mystical side for generations but no one ever caught on to our special ways. Things like keeping our brooms bristle side up by the back door or keeping left over thread from sewing projects in glass bottles by the window, were never noticed by our friends and visitors. It’s funny how much stuff you can “hide” out in the open.

7 Likes

Merry meet @joshua1,

Welcome to the forum and welcome home! :blush: Thank you so much for sharing your introduction- it is a pleasure to meet you.

I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying the courses! Hahaha I know the feeling about not knowing where to jump in- when it comes to magick, there sure is a lot of exciting stuff to explore! :grinning:

If you have an interest in plants and/or magick in the kitchen, I recommend looking at the Green Witch: Herbalism Course. Learning the plants and their properties (both magickal and medicinal) can help a lot in many areas of the Craft and comes in handy quite a bit!

Whatever topic you choose to explore next, I hope you have fun and enjoy your studies :books::two_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.