Merry meet from Lancaster, UK

I’m new here, and I am at the very beginning of the path to knowledge and understanding Wicca. However, I have always felt the energy inside me that gave me the opportunity to see more and deeper. As a teenager, fascinated by Tarot cards, I just picked them up one day without looking into any guidebooks, and started to read them for my friends. Everything the cards said to me turned out to be so true that it even freaked myself out. I put them aside and didn’t come back to them for a long time. However, the ability to “read” was still with me. I can “read” moods, intentions, feelings and emotions of others without even seeing them. I have always felt especially connected with nature, forest and animals. I love the beauty of the seasons, their changeability and the impact they have on nature.
I have been thinking about exploring the world of Wicca for some time now but I have to say it was really decided just 3 days ago. I was walking down the road thinking of my “witchy” side, when I looked up and what did I see on a building in front of me? A big sign saying “I am Witch” Well, maybe I am - thought I. Hope this is the right place to find out :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome! I’m Christine from Tennessee. Don’t you just love those synchronicities that pop in your face like that? But anyways, you’ve come to the right place to learn and grow. There are many knowledgeable people here that can help you with almost anything. Don’t forget to check out the courses and all the wonderful printable Book of Shadow pages.

5 Likes

Hi @CordeliaLepus! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. Welcome to the forum! :infinite_roots:

The best way to figure out if this is the right path for you is to start with the Courses, particularly the Wicca Self-Initiation Course. It has the history and guidelines laid out so you will be able to tell if this is right for you. But it sounds as if you’re gifted, to say the least.

If you have any questions just ask and someone will pop up and help you out.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

4 Likes

Welcome @CordeliaLepus! I’m Athena from Texas. As you found out, the universe will tell you what you need to know :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I am relatively new here myself, but a long time solo practitioner. What I can tell you so far is …everyone here is wonderful, helpful, and full of knowledge! This is definitely a great place to begin your walk on your path! Check out the courses, the discussions, and the other information to help you grow. :smiley:

Glad you are here!

:hugs:

Athena

5 Likes

Welcome @CordeliaLepus . I am Rachel from Missouri. I am new here as well but just as the others have said you will find so much knowledge and wonderful things here. The courses are great. So glad you are here. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Welcome @CordeliaLepus!
Last January, I decided I could come out of the closet and be a witch, I joined Spells 8 and I am so thankful I did. Everyone is so nice here and I have learned so much.
Love always,
Marsha

5 Likes

Welcome @CordeliaLepus- it’s a pleasure to meet you! :blush:

I can’t think of a more obvious sign than, well, an actually sign saying you are a witch! :joy::+1: That is amazing- it makes me think of that scene in Harry Potter:

Quality :ok_hand: gif from Giphy

Forgive me for the gif, I couldn’t resist! :laughing: But that really is amazing- good for you for following the signs and I’m glad you found yourself here :blush: I hope that, between the forum and on the main site, you can find everything you need to help you explore your magickal path! :sparkles:

It sounds like you have a natural talent for reading- not only the tarot, but for signs and influences around you too. That is a very blessed gift to have! I hope you continue to develop and learn about your wonderful magickal talents. If you have any questions or find interesting things you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to do so! The Witchy Wisdom Category is a great place to share :infinite_roots:

Looking forward to talking with you more soon- Blessed be! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria you are absolutely right here, I felt kind of like Harry on that faithful night :slight_smile: The sign itself, as I checked it later, is an invitation to a very interesting event here in Lancaster. The exhibition exploring the history of the Burning Times, including interactive installations, painting, film, music, performance, story-telling, sculpture and writing workshops. It has been organised by a sisterhood of descendants of the Pendle witches. As you may know Lancaster has got a “rich” history of witches trials. The trials of the Pendle witches in 1612 are among the most famous in English history. Twelve women, living in the area surrounding Pendle Hill were accused and charged with murders by the use of witchcraft.
The opening was actually today and I am more than excited to go and take a part of it. And here is the evidence :wink:

6 Likes

That sounds like an amazing exhibition! :heart_eyes: Good for you for going to check it out- I can’t help but get jealous, it sounds like a really powerful experience!

Were you able to get in? I would love to hear how it went! :grinning:

(And I love the sign too- it really is perfect! :sparkles:)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.