Merry Meet from the Holy City of Toledo

My name is John, I have been a Wiccan since 2007. I saw the YouTube videos for Spells8 and really liked them. I have been a Priest in a coven, was in Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans briefly, and now I’m a solitary.
I did a year and a day with a Coven, left that coven and became a Solitary. While a Solitary I did several witch courses on line and Tarot as well.
At Gay Pride Toledo I met a lady wearing a Pentacle and asked her if she was Wiccan. She said she was and said she was the High Priestess of a Coven in nearby Bowling Green Ohio. She invited me to an upcoming Esbat for a full moon. She later asked me to be her priest and I accapted. Later she and her partner moved away and I inherited the Coven.
We always met outside and needed to move indoors so I heard Unitarian Universalist Church accepted Pagans so I checked and they welcomed us. I applied for membership to the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans. All was good until 2016/2017. Due to my political opinions I was no longer welcome. The Coven stayed and I became a Solitary Wiccan again.
I am very impressed with the Videos Spells8 has and decided to join.

9 Likes

A very warm welcome to you, John @john4! :wave:

Thank you for that lovely introduction- you have experienced so much along your path! We are very blessed to have you join us.

Feel free to jump in on any topics of interest or create your own and share some of the wonderful knowledge you’ve collected over the years :books:

You are also warmly invited to join in on the numerous Forum Activities. There is a Divination Discussion, weekly Thursday group ritual, a new challenge announced each Wednesday, and a Book Club. Make yourself at home here!

It is a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to talking with you more soon. Blessed be! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Merry Meet @john4! I’m Kasie from West Virginia! Welcome to the forum! I feel like we could learn oodles from you! Very exciting! Hope to chat with you soon!

5 Likes

You’re always welcome here! I’m Christina and nice to meet you! I live in New York. Sorry you were kicked out due to your beliefs or opinions. Anyways im glad you’re here. Blessed be :pray:t3:

6 Likes

HI @john4 welcome I’m Zoe from UK. Lovely to meet you

5 Likes

Merry Meet, John! :wave: Thanks for that wonderful introduction!

I agree that finding a coven is difficult and personally I am a solitary practitioner mostly for practical reasons. However, I don’t feel like a solitary. There’s always someone around who’s willing to talk if I need it.

I hope you find this space welcoming and intriguing as well. Have a blessed day! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Hiya @john4! What a great introduction - it sounds like you’ve had an incredible journey so far and I’m so glad you’ve found your way to us! We’re lucky to have you! I look forward to hearing more from you in the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Welcome John. I am in Akron and fairly new to the Spells8 but love everything I am learning here. It is a generous group and they share wonderful experiences and knowledge. I hope you feel welcome. I have never heard politics discussed here in the forum and it makes me sad that any organized church would make you feel unwelcome for a different perspective. I do understand it though and have had my own experience with being asked to leave - I was married to a Baptist minister who had an affair with a member… as a result he ask for a divorce and the church told me that I was no longer welcome… they blamed me for the affair. I was a poor wife. Fun. These are better days…right John? I hope you find peace in our company.

4 Likes

Thank you, I feel welcomed and happy to be here. Everyone has been wonderful. In Akron you live near Bedford, I understand they have a lovely metaphysical shop called Spirit Apothecary. West of you on the lake at Ruggles Beach is another lovely shop called Its your journey. In Cleveland is the Raymond Buckland museum. His Big Blue Book is a great addition to any witches library. You’re in a great place to be a witch.
Brightest Blessings.

John

5 Likes