Merry meet, I'm Cheryl

I’ve been reading about wicca since 2010, however I haven’t practiced the craft, after reading somewhere to never conjure what you can’t banish. So here I am to learn and grow in the path of wicca. Blessed be.

9 Likes

Welcome, Cheryl!! :wave:

It sounds like along the way you banished your fears too. Kudos to you for that! :sparkles:

Please make yourself at home and feel free to jump in on any topic of interest. You may want to browse around for topics related to your talents, or you want want to create a new topic and lead the discussion about an interest, question, or experience of yours!

7 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: Perhaps I have banished some fears, I’m currently reading "how to be a witch, on this site. Figuring it helps to start at the beginning. :slight_smile: Question… what is an oneiric witch?

7 Likes

Great question! Oneiric comes from the ancient Greek óneiros, “dream”.

In my case, it refers to the ability to travel within a dream on a conscious basis, also called lucid dreaming. Because I’m not a natural oneironaut, it took me several months of practice just to have my first lucid dream.

The practice has been used as a form of therapy for a long time and my personal experiences in dreams have taught me a lot about how I perceive and interact with reality and how to use my own powers of manifestation in waking life.

I’m glad you asked! :smile:

6 Likes

Wonderful :relaxed: Perhaps I can learn this as well :blush:

4 Likes

Merry meet @cheryl64! :heart:

It is a pleasure to meet you- I love your enthusiasm for learning! You’re right that starting at the beginning is the best place to jump in. Have you found the Self-Initiation Ritual yet? The guided course can help you build a strong foundation and begin casting your first spells :sparkles:

Feel free to visit the weekly news post Merry Meet Monday to find current events and activities in the forum! And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out :blush:

Blessed be!

4 Likes

Welcome to the Coven :heart: I’m Lisa and eclectic Witch and Norse pagan from Scotland :grin: I’ve been starting from the very basics as well until I feel more confident in my craft :heart: the coursewhave been a blessing for this :heart: if you need anything just ask :heart: Blessed Be :heart:

5 Likes

Hi @cheryl64! I’m Amethyst from Southern West Virginia. This is definitely the right coven for you if you want to grow more confident in your magic. There are so many easy to use Courses that will help you get started. Keep an eye out for next week’s Group Ritual, where we share a cup of tea, meditate, and then share what’s going on in our lives.

If you have any other questions, just pop up and ask and someone will help you out! We’re a friendly bunch. I look forward to getting to know you! Welcome to the coven! :deciduous_tree: :infinity:

4 Likes

That’s very true!!! And welcome to our coven!! I’m Christina and I’m from New York. Nice meeting you!!!

6 Likes

Merry meet Christina! It’s nice to meet you too.

3 Likes

Hi Amethyst thanks for the message and it’s nice to meet you!

3 Likes

Hi it’s nice to meet you too. Thanks for your message, no I haven’t gotten to the self-initiation ritual yet. I’m working my way there. Blessed be.

3 Likes

Hi Lisa, it’s a pleasure to meet you too. Yes I feel it’s best to start at the beginning and learn, learn, learn. :slight_smile: Hopefully I’ll feel comfortable enough to begin practicing the craft soon. Blessed be.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you too! :hugs:

3 Likes