Merry Meet Monday! Aug 24 💖

Warm greetings and a very Merry Meet Monday to all! :hearts:

:sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle::sparkle:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

~First Quarter Moon~

Tomorrow, Tuesday, August 25th we will be blessed with the light of a First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon::sparkles:. For the exact time of the moon phase in your location, you can check the Old Farmer’s Almanac’s Moon Phase Calendar :calendar:

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase. Happy moon magick! :first_quarter_moon:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

~Group Tea Ritual~

Every Thursday there is a group ritual where the members of the Spells8 forum family can come together, share a moment across the miles, share our thoughts, and talk about tea :coffee:

You are warmly invited to join this week’s group ritual Tea and Talk as a Coven!

Ongoing Challenge :medal_sports:

There is currently an ongoing challenge here in the forums! If you have an interest working with higher powers, then you are very welcome to join in on the Weekly Witchy Challenge- Divine Magick!

2220f15f109741494ffa241d962312da5f4ac882_2_766x562

Draw on your connection with a deity or delve into working magick with a new higher power and see the many benefits of working in harmony with deities. Whether divine magick is your strength or something you are currently unfamiliar with, this challenge calls on you to strengthen your ties with outside powers to bring your magick to new heights! :dove:

:exclamation: The challenge will remain open until this Friday, August 28th at 5:00 AM CET (Central European Time). Please post about your divine magick experience before this time to receive your shout-out and small prize! :gift_heart:

New Members :wave:

A very merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

@crystal7, @alexander, @andrea12, @kueendesto, @vincent, @carah, @ashley16, @amber12, @beth1, @della1, @ren, @Xxx, @jocelyn, @santos, @sasha1, @eisforelizabeth, @nikky, @queen, @thomas2, @adrienne, @susan4, @ravenna, @teresina, @ali, @Valkyrie, @RinoaWeeks, @krystal, @julie9, @jennifer30, @megan5, @linda3, @amber13, @tessa4, @susan5, @claire1, @melissa5, @ginger, @n3rdysupergirl, @tinia, @julia3, @kaitlyn2, @alina, @christal, @alesia1, @lauren7, @mr12, @jeremy, @kris, @yolande, @brishawna, @chris3, @jennifer31, @becky2, @emily5

If you haven’t done so already, please create a new topic in Introductions. You can share a bit about who you are and your journey (or journey’s start!) with your unique practice.

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Special Shout-outs :loudspeaker:

• We have an extra special double shout-out to @Susurrus this week, for not only sharing the most love by liking the posts of others :heart:, but also for writing the most posts as well! :writing_hand: It is a pleasure watching you gain confidence and spread your witchy wings, Krissie- thank you for sharing what you learn with others and for inspiring others to be as brave and as strong as you are! :pray:

And as always, thank you to each and every member of the Spells8 forum family. Whether you come every day or visit once in a while, we are blessed to have you with us! Thank you for making the forums a welcoming community where solitary witches can come together in an online coven :hugs:

What excitement is waiting for you in the days ahead? :thinking: Any fun or intimidating plans, hopes, or dreams this week? :calendar: Working on any new crafts? :yarn: Feel free to share your plans and thoughts about the week ahead in the comments below.

May the wind blow blessings and good fortune your way as the season brings new changes and chances to you!

Blessed Be :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone.

This week I am going to try and listen to Drawing down the moon on audible. I will be doing my weekly smudging at some point, and also try to figure out how to go about finding a deity (there are just sooo many)

4 Likes

Thank you! I don’t know how I am doing this, I even took a couple of days off when I was painting and staining for my space. I really need to find something else to do with my time :rofl: :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much!

I think this week I am also going to do my weekly smudging and continue working on my space. I do have something I want to share in the forum that I found, it’s a list of Old Names for Herbs, Herbal Subustitutes, and Information about Herbs, there are so many! I just have to turn it into a pdf file first. Luckily I found out by accident that my printer will print on both sides of paper! So that was a lucky find!

I love the tea times, last week I was troubled by worry and almost guilt about some things, but I’m determined to make this week better. I have added a meditation to my day and started unplugging at night before bed with meditation, journaling, and reading. It’s worked out so far! I even remembered another dream!

I hope everyone has a great week! I will be around if anyone needs anything, I love to chat so feel free to send me a message. :heavy_heart_exclamation: :star2:

Blessed Be! :star_and_crescent: :scorpius:

3 Likes

Congrats, Krissie!! You are truly a wonderful source of energy in the Forum spreading love all around!! :revolving_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@katt That’s a really good book, even though it can be a bit long! There’s so much to unpack!

I have been trying to identify constellations in the night sky. It’s hard to do with all the light pollution so I’m looking forward to my next camping trip, hopefully this coming month! :camping:

Thanks, Bri @BryWisteria as usual for hosting this Merry Meet Monday!! :pray:

4 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what to do for Divine Magick this week. I don’t feel any pull yet to a certain Goddess. I’m hoping something comes to me before Thursday.

Other than that I’m going grocery shopping on Tuesday and collapsing afterwards. It takes a lot out of me to go shopping and carry four bags in at once. Then I’ve got a side project I’ve been wanting to work on. I’m keeping quite about it in case I don’t finish it but I have hopes I will. We’ll see.

2 Likes

It is indeed a big task to find a diety! But no worries- looking around and learning about a few absolutely counts towards the challenge :+1: Maybe you’ll find a few of interest, or not- but there is always value in knowledge! :open_book:.

A tip for your search- if you have something dear to you (an element, a symbol, a force of nature, a season, anything at all!) and research what gods are associated with it. Following your interests may lead you to a very interesting new deity! :dove: Good luck, and most importantly- have fun with the search! :two_hearts:

The shout-out is very well deserved! :heart: Thank you for all that you do, @Susurrus :blush: It sounds like you have some exciting plans ahead for the week- good luck with everything, and I’m looking forward to tea time together with you on Thursday! :tea:

You are very welcome, Francisco! :sparkling_heart: That sounds like a wonderful activity- I hope you can catch a few clear moments and see some beautiful stars :milky_way:. And I hope your next fun camping trip is right around the corner for you! :camping:

I know the feeling about the groceries- carrying so many bags is exhausting! :shopping: I’ve been doing two smaller shopping trips instead of one big one each week to lessen the load of groceries. Carrying everything up the many flights of stairs is tough work! :sweat_smile:

As for the Divine Magick challenge- no stress at all about a deity! I offer the same advice to you that I gave Katt- look into some interests of yours. Pick an element, a force of nature, even things like a number or color and search from there. You may be surprised who you find along the way! :grin: The goal is to have fun and learn a few new things- you certainly don’t have to find a ‘forever match’ with a deity in just a few days! :blush:

I wish you all the best of luck with your side project! Map out some time to sit down and think on it. Hopefully, you’ll feel that spark of motivation and be able to put in some time on it! I’m sending good energy your way- good luck! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I think I’m going to go with Hekate. I found a really good site that has the many names of Hekate listed so I may meditate on that. I’ll see what I have time for tomorrow. But thanks for the encouragement to go with what I know. I appreciate it!

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I’m doing something I haven’t done in a decade or so so it’s much appreciated. ~hugs~

4 Likes

Big hugs to you too, @Amethyst! :two_hearts: Meditating on Hekate sounds like a wonderful plan- I hope the meditation goes well for you! :pray: And ohhhh~ it sounds like you are rekindling some old talents- so exciting! :heart_eyes: Good luck and have lots of fun with it! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m gonna try to meditate on her tomorrow. My plans got busted when our internet, TV, and phone went out in an electrical storm last night. It was out from like nine last night to two this afternoon. Whomp-whomp.

And yep, seriously trying to pick up an old hobby of mine. We’ll see how it goes. Thanks for the good wishes @BryWisteria!

3 Likes

I am getting ready to work on my crafts for the upcoming seasons too! I make ornaments, etched glass, shadow boxes, glass blocks, I love to do memorial things. I have a back log of products that I am doing from shirts to glass blocks before I can start on the crafts that I get to sell for the season.

3 Likes

Oh nooo! I hope your power is back up and running now, @Amethyst- Yikes! We had a huge storm here too- funny, we’re in different parts of the world but having the same weather! :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: I don’t think we lost power here though- if we did, I slept right through it :laughing:. And you’re very welcome! :blush:

So many fun crafts, @Susurrus ! :heart_eyes: Do you usually sell them at local craft fairs? I know there are few on/near the Cape during the holiday season. I used to go to a few with my mother! It’s always fun to see the things people make :blush: Craft fair goodies also make fantastic holiday gifts too! :gift:

3 Likes

Yep, back on. But I spent almost 18 hours in a quiet apartment. It was probably good for me, but like some medicines, I didn’t like it. I missed my internet and my meditation music.

That is funny that we’re in separate places having the same weather. It just goes to show you that we’re on one planet and we need to take care of it. :earth_americas: :earth_americas:

3 Likes

I usually sell them at the school craft fairs, but I’m not sure how that is going to work this year. I’ll be ready though. There are a few others that I can do in town, we have a street fair on Main St every year too, but this year that one was canceled. I’m hoping they come up with something or I can just sell them through FaceBook and word of mouth.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you were able to make the best out of a not-so-ideal situation, @Amethyst! :+1: I love your positivity, and I agree- sometimes it’s hard but important to step back and have a break from electronics sometimes. I also have to work on taking more computer/media breaks and getting outdoors more! :national_park: Very important to take care of the planet like you say, and also to appreciate it :blush: No to mention, Winter is coming! Gotta enjoy Autumn while it lasts! :laughing::fallen_leaf::jack_o_lantern:

I’ve seen a bunch of these Facebook selling groups pop up lately! I think it’s wonderful that communities come together and find creative ways to keep going with traditions like craft faires and markets :+1: I hope you can find a great group and sell all of your wonderful goodies for the holiday season! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m used to noise, I almost always have the TV on so it was weird but I did it. I should do it again. And I really need to go out and spend some time at the apartment’s gazebo some, but it’s so hot and humid during the day and I’m scared to be out there alone at night. But yeah, I need to get out more too.

3 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria, I will start some ornaments maybe this weekend and the glass blocks I still have to get from the store. The last time I had one delivered it was broken, so I have no choice but to go buy one. It’s okay, I’m sure I won’t see anything else that I want or need while walking through the store. But to be safe, I am going to use curbside pickup. Lol

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.