Merry Meet Monday- Forum News! April 19th 🏵

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase tomorrow- Tuesday, April 20th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase.

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinity: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, April 22nd - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 23rd . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post .

[ [ Full Moon Heads Up :full_moon: ] ]

Giving you plenty of time to plan ahead, know that we will be blessed by the light of a Full Moon next Monday, April 26th.

Not sure what to plan for the New Moon? There are plenty of spell and ritual ideas for your consideration on the Spells8 Full Moon guide.

Pink-Moon-Ritual-April-750x500

For spellwork specific to April’s moon, feel free to visit the Full Pink Moon: April Spell and Ritual page! :full_moon:

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Next Saturday, May 1st marks the special Sabbat Beltane :blossom: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Beltane-Sabbat-Celebration-Wicca-Spells8-750x500

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Samhain :jack_o_lantern:

Witches-New-Year-Samhain-750x500

More information on these exciting holidays will come in next week’s Merry Meet Monday- you can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Holistic Magick: The Witch’s Apothecary :toolbox:

This challenge will close Tuesday, April 20th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Holistic Magick: The Witch’s Apothecary :toolbox:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VI (Apr 5 - May 7)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, May 7th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@cait1, @roberta, @akia, @james7, @amanda35, @chris6, @SMajestic, @christine11, @autumn7, @carla5, @tara6, @izabella, @kimberly32, @niko, @ines, @celena, @tina7, @thesweetestblood, @le1, @kalisha, @ayla, @sydney3, @kara4, @rachel11, @robert3, @ariel2, @jessica51, @erika2, @brittney5, @allysha, @Rizontie, @brittany23, @nicole26, @kari3, @samantha28, @chelle1, @sarita, @debbie3, @Sarafeena_Sage, @athen, @andrea20, @luna3

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :mega:

• A round of applause to @Christina4 for writing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week-streak! :writing_hand: Your posts and affirmations are a spring of positive energy- thank you for sharing :heavy_heart_exclamation:

• Much love to @Amethyst for giving the most hearts in the forum over the last seven days! :hearts: Your warm soul is a blessing in the forum- we are lucky to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Ready for the Sabbats, or working Full Moon Magick :full_moon_with_face: ? What plans are on the horizon for you this week- magickal or mundane? :blush:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Whether the season is bringing light or fading into shadow, may your home be protected and blessings be bountiful in the coming days

Blessed be, Infinite Roots! :rosette: :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you so much for the shout-out, @BryWisteria! I’m lucky to be here, this coven has made such a positive difference in my life. I’m happy to be here!

I’m confused about this week. It’s supposed to be seventy tomorrow and snow and in the thirties Thursday here. I guess that just proves it’s spring. Another relaxing week in store for me this week, unless something comes up. At some point in time, the sheetrock guy has to come in and finish his work but when that will be I have NO idea.

I plan to make move my DVDs into storage since I don’t watch them that much anymore and use that shelving for a display for some of my crystals and some statues I eventually want to buy. It’ll take time but I think it’ll be nice. In the meantime, I’ve got some flower picks coming in from Amazon to help me decorate for Beltane. I’ll post pictures when I’m done.

But that’s about it for plans this week. And read of course. There’s always reading. LOL.

Hope you all are having a good week! What’s good that’s going on in y’alls life?

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone!
Congrats @Amethyst & @christina4 for the shout-outs.
This week will be busy with caring for Danielle with her surgery, other than that I really don’t have any plans.
Today I’m going to do a meditation with my both my daughter’s to help ease Danielle’s nervous mind and just ground ourselves.
If I have some time I’d like to finish the Green Witch course, and add to my BOS. Do some reading also.
I hope everyone has a great week.
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

Merry Meet Everyone :heartpulse: I just found out that today is Garlic Day and I spent a bit looking into how to dry and store garlic for my apothecary when I got home, must have been fate :smiley:
I don’t have a lot of plans this week so far, work and school as usual on the mundane front :smiley: I’ve really caught the bug for expanding my collections of herbs and oils for using in my craft more often so ill probably spend some time sourcing good products and adding recipes to my BOS :heartpulse:
@Amethyst @christina4 well deserved shout outs you have been amazing :heart_eyes:
Hope everyone’s week is full of Love and Light :sun_with_face:
:heartpulse: Blessed Be :heartpulse:

6 Likes

Congratulations @christina4 & @Amethyst! Great job!

I hope everyone has a great week! I got my car back today, Susie is home! I’m very happy about that & my daughter has school vacation this week. Since today was beautiful, her older brother & his friend played basketball & hung out with her today. So I just took it easy & spent time on the back porch today.

I don’t have much going on because it’s vacation week. I did find a new resin that I love so I’m may make some things this week with my daughter & I have some stones that have 2 days left in their polishing cycle, so those will be coming out of the tumbler.

6 Likes

Congrats on getting the car back, @Susurrus !

My family had Spagehtti and Garlic Bread for Garlic Day, @Liisa

That’s tomorrow, the 20th, right, @Rowan? I had candles lit all day for this coven. I will run them all day tomorrow, too.

@Amethyst It’s already cold here. Snow tomorrow. We moved the DVDs to storage last year when we thought we were moving. I never moved them out of storage so I would have more room for my witchy stuff and books.

I am spending all week working on a passion project. Tuesday I am also adulting: a pet is severely ill and is going to the vet, my youngest gets picked up from school early due to state testing, and my middle child needs a state ID for her first tattoo on Thursday. Busy week but I took work off for all of it.

Congrats to Amethyst and the wonderful @christina4 for all of their love this past week. Christina, it is us that should be pouring love into you life. Thank you and we love you.

5 Likes

Thank you @Rowan! That’s so sweet of you! And I hope your daughter does well with the surgery. Make sure to record anything silly she does while coming out of the anesthetic. LOL.

Today is garlic day and I missed it! LOL. I’ll have to eat garlic tomorrow. Thanks for the shoutout love! Hope your week goes well too!

Thank you, sweetie! And I’m glad you got your car back, I know that was bugging you. Look forward to seeing your new resin projects.

Stay warm Ben! And good luck adulting this week, it sounds as if it will be very busy. I hope your vet can help your pet, that’s worrisome sounding.

I forgot to give three cheers to @christina4 this morning for doing the most posts! Way to go! Sorry for not saying something earlier, my brain was fuzzy.

The sheetrocker came today and did my popcorn ceilings back so I think they’re done! I’m so glad! I’m gonna wait and ask the building manager before I do anything but I’m so glad!

6 Likes

Did you find any good resources on storing garlic @Liisa ?? Happy Garlic day! :garlic::garlic:

@praecog29 I hope your pet gets well soon!!

I saw that there’s going to be a Spring Mystic Faire in my town next weekend for the first time since covid!! It’s going to be outdoors so I’m hoping for good weather too! :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Much appreciated, Ben.

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Amethyst- the shout-out is well deserved! Keep on being awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sounds like your weather is having a bit of a tantrum- I hope it figures things out soon! :laughing: Wishing you the best of luck with your reorganizing and flowers- enjoy! :bouquet:

Sending all the best thoughts to you and Danielle this week, @Rowan! :pray: May her surgery go quickly and may she have a speedy recovery- she is in my prayers! :heart:

Hope you had a very happy Garlic Day, @Liisa! :garlic::raised_hands: May your plants thrive and may you continue to enjoy your expanding herb and oil collection :blush:

Hooray for your car, @Susurrus! :oncoming_automobile: Hope you all enjoy a fun and blessed vacation week. May the weather be nice for you! :sun_with_face:

So sorry to hear about your sick pet, @praecog29- wishing them a speedy recovery :pray: Hopefully the week has good things in store- best of luck with your passion project! :heart:

That’s awesome, @Francisco- I miss Faires! Hope you have a wonderful time and that the weather is nice for you :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

@BryWisteria the last 2 days have been absolutely gorgeous! This morning I am working on the Irish/Scottish side of my family tree. I love doing my ancestry, I always find out something new about where I am from. I had my DNA done & I am 33% Irish & 5% Scottish I had posted the DNA breakdown before in the forum.

I’m not sure what we are doing today but we will be outside for a portion of it.

5 Likes

Congrats on the lovely weather- sounds perfect for vacation week, @Susurrus! And such a great way to spend the time, connecting with your historical roots :evergreen_tree: May you continue to find new and exciting knowledge as you search! :grin:

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.