Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 16 šŸŸ

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :fish:

Hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, August 19th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group meditation ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, August 20th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Saturday, August 22nd .

Full-Sturgeon-Moon-Ritual-Witchcraft

The full moon of August is called the Full Sturgeon Moon :fish: and marks the ending days of summer. This moon is ideal for banishment and getting rid of old baggage.

Explore the ritual and learn more about this moon on the Spells8 Full Sturgeon Moon Ritual Page.

You can also learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in Whatā€™s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon: :sparkles:

Full-Moon-Magic-Spells-Witchcraft

Every full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at itā€™s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For additional full moon inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face: .

No matter the moon phase, you can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Aura Reading :cyclone:

Witchy Challenge Auras

This challenge will close Tuesday, August 17th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Reading Auras :cyclone:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021.

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IX (Jul 23 - Aug 20)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 20th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@chasity4, @Melastra, @tia2, @rayne2, @christina20, @victoria16, @andrea31, @paige5, @robin7, @Sha, @sheridan2, @isabelle, @adri, @lucy, @Eliza_Beth, @annmarie2, @amber28, @cariann1, @shannon14, @angelica1, @anita, @mitchell1, @SCORPIO-JACKIE, @mary28, @elvelyn, @xanthi1, @agnes, @michelle29, @ashley37, @PinkRose, @kelsey3, @jessica65, @josefino, @JasmineTheBlueJ, @alessa, @tiawho22, @kimberly41, @victoria17, @rachael8, @sharmesha, @HarmonyEcho, @mukta, @sharon14, @deborah11, @jaz, @harley1, @kristina10, @kayla14, @da11, @marta1, @anisa1, @angela27, @shaquita1, @courtney9, @josefino1, @brooke3, @alicia14, @erica11, @amy31, @runell, @Aseret, @reem, @erica12, @jana, @joanne2, @ona1, @nikki5, @desiah, @megan12, @gabrielle5, @zuleyka

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @Crystal24 for sharing the most posts- on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: Your kindness is a blessing :sparkling_heart:

• Many thanks to @phoenix_dawn for giving the most hearts over the past week! :heart: Lots of love back to you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:!

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Planning any Full Moon Magick for the Sturgeon Moon? :full_moon: Any fun plans- magickal or mundane- in the days ahead? :blush:

Give a shout out to your fellow coven members and feel free to share in the comments below!

Blessed be! :fish: :heart:

10 Likes

Many congratulations to @crystal24 and @phoenix_dawn! You ladies are doing a great job supporting the community!

As for me, Iā€™m read too much yesterday and will be catching up on this aura challenge on a catch-up challenge, whenever the next one will be. I couldnā€™t get out of my story enough to focus yesterday! LOL!

Iā€™ll find out about my leg this Friday when I go back to the wound care doctor, and I go to the dermatologist for a check-up on Wednesday. Fun. Other than that, I just have to figure out what I want to do for the full moon. I like the idea of banishing something, but I have to focus on the what. Too many choices. LOL!

Hope you all have a great week!

7 Likes

@Amethyst thank you. I hope your doctors appointment goes well. I will send you lots of love and healing thoughts this week. Have a wonderful, magical week

5 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate that!

4 Likes

Congratulations to @crystal24 & @phoenix_dawn great job!

Iā€™m sending you healing love & light @Amethyst for your doctorā€™s appointment. I hope it goes well for you this week.

As per usual, I have ā€œstuffā€ happening. Today my daughter leaves to go on her trip to Marthaā€™s Vineyard & Iā€™m taking my son & husband to the car place to sign on my sonā€™s new truck. There are some side things that we have to do before we get there, so that will start around 2 pm getting that stuff done.

I have been working a lot on my family tree & my husbandā€™s. I get lost in the historical records & stories that I find. Then before I know it, an hour or 2 has passed! I love sifting through them though to find the people that helped shaped us.

5 Likes

@Susurrus thank you. Enjoy your day

5 Likes

@Susurrus thank you and thank you @BryWisteria for the shout out

4 Likes

Thank you, my friend! I wish you luck and hope you had an easy time of getting your daughter off to her visit and getting your sonā€™s truck. Sounds like a busy day!

4 Likes

Thank you @Amethyst best wishes at the Dr. Iā€™ll light a blue candle for you right now doll.

4 Likes

@Amethyst I made it through the day! My daughter got off to her adventure about an hour earlier than expected! She is so excited. We made it to the signing, so now we just have to wait for the plates. Luckily they go to the DMV for us. So we are just waiting for the call to go & pick it up!

Tomorrow I will be waking up & no one will be home with me. Not going to lie, itā€™s going to be strange.

5 Likes

@Susurrus i hope you get to enjoy a bit of time to yourself. And empty house is strange when you have kids but it sure is a blessing sometimes lol.

4 Likes

Wishing you the best of luck with your appointments, @Amethyst, and I hope that you continue to enjoy your awesome book! :blush::open_book:

Sounds like a busy time, @Susurrus- and how exciting to dig so deep into your family tree! I hope you continue to find many thrilling discoveries as you connect with your ancestors :deciduous_tree: :heart:

Youā€™re very welcome, @phoenix_dawn- thanks again to you for being awesome! :tada:

I hope everyoneā€™s week has been off to a great start so far! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thank you, dearheart! The skin doctor is first and as a fat chick is always fun since he needs to see so much of me. Joy.

I hope you took the chance and slept in!

I finished it and found another. LOL. I love fanfiction online, itā€™s free and sometimes written better than the books you find at the store! Thanks for the good wishes!

Hope your weekā€™s been great too!

4 Likes

Thank you @crystal24, @BryWisteria, & @Amethystā€¦ I slept in a wee bit. I woke up around 8 AM, my husband & son had left around 6:30 AM. I have Moomers & Alphie RIGHT next to me cuddling with each other & sleeping. :joy:

I have a couple of things to do before I pick up my husband from his last day at work. Right now I am having my coffee.

As I find stories, obituaries, picturesā€¦ Iā€™m either printing them out or saving them to my computer. Iā€™m over 3,000 people in the entire tree including my husbandā€™s side.

6 Likes

Happy Black Cat Appreciation Day! šŸˆā€ā¬›

Had to post a GIF of my favorite black cat: Salem Saberhagen!
Gif from Google

6 Likes

Nice gif for today! :black_cat:

5 Likes

Good, Iā€™m glad you had a cuddle and slept in!

4 Likes

It definitely was neededā€¦ today has been a whirlwind!

4 Likes

Whoopsies I jumped right to the conclusion it was a book- apologies! Agreed that fanfiction is excellent- it can be tough to find a good one, but once you doā€¦ well, you said it perfectly! Fics can often be way better than books. And sometimes longer too! :laughing: :+1: I hope your new story is just as awesome as the last one! :heart:

What a perfect way to start the day off right! :dog: :two_hearts: Hope you had a fun time exploring your history and had a lovely day, Siofra!

Happy (belated) Black Cat Appreciation Day! :black_cat: :heart: :tada: That really is the perfect gif for the day, Kasandra :blush:

giphy
Gif from Giphy

6 Likes

They are my cuddle bugs. I had a heavy day yesterday & watching them ā€œargueā€ about who got to lay with me brightened my day. They disagree on who should take care of mom. :two_hearts:

4 Likes