Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 2 🌑

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :new_moon:

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, August 5th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group meditation ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on the main page of the forum for more details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, August 6th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Sunday, August 8th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick speicifc to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan events, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Magick of Food and Drink :yum:

Witchy Challenge Food and Drink

This challenge will close Tuesday, August 3rd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Wickedly Delicious :yum:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IX (Jul 23 - Aug 20)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 20th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@NRocco, @karolina1, @Eliza_01, @amber27, @WitchOfTheForest, @molly3, @berk, @jessica64, @Murphy, @oliver, @maxine, @samantha36, @tiffany18, @jennifer58, @crystal23, @laurie7, @markita1, @chelsea13, @kimberly38, @kimberly39, @quiana, @reagan1, @deanna6, @shaquita, @toni4, @niina, @candice4, @jasmine9, @sara12, @denzel, @amanda40, @miley, @marivic, @rebecca17, @krista5, @moon2, @sara13, @rachelle1, @julie18, @shirlene, @kimberly40, @sheronda, @ruth

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• A round of applause to @Amethyst for sharing the most posts and giving out the most hearts in the forum over the past month! :heart: :writing_hand: May the kindness, generosity, and warmth that you share find their way back to you three-fold! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes and posts pedestal, @Amethyst will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two-month rest period.

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:!

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Did you have a nice Sabbat? :partying_face: What are your plans for the upcoming New Moon? :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Give a shout out to your fellow coven members and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Happy Monday, I have been up for a little bit, I didn’t sleep the best last night. I’m pretty sure I’m just going to hang around my house today because of it. I’m pretty sure that the rest of the week is pretty quiet for me too.

We had a good weekend! We went to RI on Saturday with our son & then yesterday we just stayed at the house & hung out there. I’m pretty sure my daughter has plans for the next 2 days with our neighbor & friends from sailing.

7 Likes

Congratulations to @Amethyst :grin::partying_face::balloon::confetti_ball::dancer::dancing_women: lol I always wanted to use that last emoji :grin:

August 8th, aka the “Lion’s Gate Portal” Is Perfect For Manifesting. 8/8 is one of the luckiest days of the year for manifesting, and this year it falls on the same day as a new moon — meaning it’s a fabulous time to set intentions and do a personal abundance ritual.
Happy new mooning!!! :grin:

12 Likes

Thank you so much! I love getting these badges, they make me feel so special. Thank you again!

Thank you, love! And they look less like dancing women and more like those twice from The Shining! LOL!

I’m having a quiet week, not having any doctor appointments to go to. My new doctor is really helping my legs, they’re slowly healing up. I fear I’m falling into a rut because I don’t do much but I like sitting in my little apartment and reading so is it really a rut if I like it? It’s a question for the ages. LOL.

Hope you all are having a good Monday!

10 Likes

They do look like the twins from the Shining!!! I love that movie with a passion!!!

10 Likes

where is my head! Congratulations @Amethyst! Great job!

9 Likes

“Come play with us!” So creepy! LOL.

Thank you, my dear! :hugs:

9 Likes

:rofl: - Christina and Amethyst

Sounds like a good weekend, Siofra. A quiet week sounds refreshing after everything you’ve had going on.

Wednesday is an interview for a part time job. I seem to have blown through a year’s worth of salary in 3 months. :open_mouth: To be fair, I had debt to pay off, tattoos I “needed :crazy_face: :thinking:”, friends’ to care for, apartment hunting, travel between states to see my kids, medical bills, and the following…

I just booked a London trip! My amazing :star_struck: girlfriend (the best blessing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: a person can hope for) and I will be visiting the city together and I can’t wait!

Um, UK friends :question: We should totally meet up - outdoors and in a public space. :sweat_smile:

Since this forum is public, I will say PM me :wink: for more info.

We will be there together the week of :flight_arrival: 05 September. (Or do you start the week with Monday?) I will be in England through the 15th and fly back :flight_departure: to The States on the 16th.

I guess I still have to schedule a :test_tube: PCR to take within 3 days of flying out and another after 2 days of being there and yet another within three days of heading home. At least I don’t have to quarantine! :grin:

The hotels :hotel: and flights are booked. This is going to be a magical :sparkles: time and I am positive I will forever remember this trip.

Edit: And, of course, I will get a ton of pictures. My girlfriend (Seems possessive. Let’s say The Eternal Goddess that owns my soul.) might avoid the pictures but to prove I’m taken we can get a picture of her hand - the one getting the ring next year.

13 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Coven!
Thank you for the reminder @christina4 about Lionsgate I definitely will be doing some manifesting and enjoying the New :new_moon_with_face:.
Funny thing, I always seem to get the best moon water on a new moon, I use some of it to water my plants and it seems they almost always flourish and sprout new leaves after.
Congrats @Amethyst !
Today I have plans to clean up my altar, read my two books, and just do the usual chores around the house. Storms are predicted today and rest of the week, but our 110 degree real feel run seems to have ended. Yay!!!
I did enjoy a nice Lammas evening dinner with the Fam, we listened to the Lammas music on Spells8 YouTube also! :grin:
Brightest Positive Light and Protection to us all!

10 Likes

Congrats @praecog29 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You deserve the most abundant of blessings.

9 Likes

Another great week! Thank you @BryWisteria :slight_smile:

@christina4 and @Rowan I’m learning a lot from our coven family and others about Lionsgate. Seems like I have some work to do!

Congratulations @Amethyst :heart:

@praecog29 I love this

My girlfriend (Seems possessive. Let’s say The Eternal Goddess that owns my soul.

@Susurrus I’m glad you had a great weekend and I hope you get some good rest soon

10 Likes

I’m not actually far from London, about 45 minutes by train on a main line into London so if we can make the dates work then it would be nice to meet up.

It’s my wedding anniversary on 5 September so not sure what we’re doing around that time as yet.

10 Likes

Congratulations on booking your trip @praecog29 :airplane: :earth_americas: :tada:

Ill check my diary :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

@praecog29 your cheesy cuteness is almost too much to handle :laughing: I hope you have an amazing trip!

8 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got a great trip planned Ben! Are you going to have time to see the sights or just the people?

Thanks, @Rowan! I appreciate it!

Thanks for the kindness @robin77!

7 Likes

I’m spending more time with people but I will squeeze in some touristy things, too. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello Coven,
I had a really fun and exciting weekend without the hubby and celebrated with some friends and learned of some new pagan communities. I won a game and won a bottle of elderberry oil.

Today I had to go and get a new license, I got pulled over and didn’t have an address change so I got a ticket. All in all, I got my license fixed and need to go to court at the end of the month! Overall I am just trying to stay positive so I got some Malachite to help absorb some of the negative energy around me.

Siofra- It’s good to have quiet around the house and I am really happy that you had a good weekend! Sounds like you have the house to yourself! That is awesome I am glad you can have peace of mind! :heart: :candle:

Christina- I never heard of Lionsgate thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy the new moon!

Amethyst_ :lion: :wink: I am so elated the coven picked you! You are an angel -archetype thank you for always sharing your love!

Rowan- Great Idea to clear the alter, congratulations on keeping up with your books! You are:100:% Glad you had a good weekend too!

Praecog29- You are going to have so much fun in England and I am excited to hear more about your journey to be with friends! My husband is going to do a job for me and trade work for a tattoo! I know how it feels I’ve been spending a lot and been known for hoarding tarot decks! LOL
I hope you have a safe trip, my friend! I cant wait to see the pics! :hugs: :crazy_face:

Robin- I think you did a great job on your bread for Lammas! Way to go!! :heart:

Iris- Hi Iris hope you had a good Lammas and are enjoying your anniversary on September 5 and I hope you find something awesome to celebrate!

Abs- Hello I hope you had a good holiday too!! I am looking forward to the new moon because I just got a new deck and you all should get it! I am going to pick a card!
"The Wild Unknown Archetypes Deck & Guidance by Kim Krans
Megan - Hey thanks for the great recipe!

Blessed be!:sparkles:
Love :heart: and light :candle:
Jeannie

10 Likes

Thank you for the news as always. I am looking forward to the New Moon and I have some spellcasting planned. Something I want to get is a nice camera to make videos and stuff, so maybe once I have that I could join the group ritual and meet some of you! :slight_smile: My magick has grown quite a bit over the last year and I feel accomplished about it. I look forward to continuing on my journey.

11 Likes

I’m a big Sherlock Holmes fan, I’d love to see 221B Baker Street myself. Good luck with the sightseeing!

Aww, thank you @Jeannie1! Sounds like you had a good weekend. Sorry, you got the ticket though, that’s a bummer.

9 Likes

I’m a big Sherlock Holmes fan, I’d love to see 221B Baker Street myself. Good luck with the sightseeing!

I’m also a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes (you’d never have guessed from the name of my dog) and I’ve been to Baker Street quite a few times. 221B is a Sherlock Holmes museum :blush:

Oh and another fun fact for those who like the series House, House’s flat is 221B. It always amused me.

11 Likes