Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 30 🌗

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :last_quarter_moon:

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Tonight, Monday, August 30th, we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on today’s moon energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, September 2nd - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Picture from Pixabay

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group meditation ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, September 3rd . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Sharing Witchy Wisdom :handshake:

Witchy Challenge One Witch to Another

This challenge will close Tuesday, August 31st at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - One Witch to Another :handshake:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

EEC
Picture from Pixabay

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021.

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club X (Aug 27 - Sept 24)

Picture from Pixabay

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, September 24th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@sierra8, @stephanie36, @fine, @leah7, @kayla15, @silverdragon, @candy, @caitlin3, @tiffany19, @erin13, @BrightBear, @josephine, @joanna4, @abayomi1, @kirsty, @janell2, @erykah, @julie19, @lisa36, @leilani, @daniel7, @christine14, @daniel8, @amber29, @maggie5, @kimberly42, @billie3, @william4, @karlene, @sara14, @TheMuslimWitch, @cybille, @alyssa7, @carolyn6, @tuere, @fareeda, @shashiru, @cynthia12, @davonna, @heidi2, @natali, @melissa21, @krystal4, @sara15, @eushownda, @agnieszka, @caeci, @kariah, @kirsty1, @traci, @nicole28, @clay, @bryce, @kylie3, @kia, @jamaica, @johnny2, @MariLynn369, @stacy5, @margaret6, @keyawna, @adam, @laura21, @alondra, @jeffery, @Vyvyaenne, @briana2, @amanda41, @Nekoshibou, @brooklynne

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum! :writing_hand: You are a crystal master with so much wisdom- we are blessed by your knowledge! :gem:

• A round of applause to @Susurrus for liking the most posts- on a two-week streak! :heart: Many thanks for all of the love and kindness that you share- it is much appreciated! :hugs:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:!

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Picture from Pixabay

Exciting spellwork or creative casting in your future? :sparkles: Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings! :infinite_roots:

Give a shout out to your fellow coven members and feel free to share in the comments below!

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart: :last_quarter_moon:

This thread will remain open for one week. It will be closed when next week’s MMM post is released.

11 Likes

First of all, congratulations to @Susurrus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada:
Secondly, as for any spell work that I’ll be doing has to deal with healing my uncle and I. I won’t go into details about me because I’m scared and I don’t have a proper diagnosis yet. I’m going to my doctor this week.
My uncle is getting worse by the day. He’s been in the hospital for a while. He has kidney failure and congenitive heart disease along with brain cancer. He started chemo yesterday and, well I’m not sure how that’s going. He is on the Energy Exchange.

I hope everyone has a beautiful week! Don’t let any negativity lower your vibration!!! You’re a precious soul on this planet and you’re worth so much more! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @Susurrus! I don’t know where we’d be without you two lovely ladies in the forum!

@christina4 I’m lighting a special candle, just for you my love. I hope your doctor is able to help you.

As for me, I went to MedExpress this Friday for my leg. Again. I was hoping that would take less time than an ER but not with Covid around. At least I was able to wait in my car rather than in a crowded waiting room. My leg’s infection kicked off again and I’m on another round of antibiotics and should hear something about the culture they did soonish. He also put me on a special wound wash to clean the area of bacteria since it’s getting infected while being wrapped. So I’m hoping that this time they’ve got it licked.

I’m not looking forward to what my regular doctor has to say on Friday though. I feel like I’m cheating on her, going to the ER and stuff, but if she doesn’t have room for me and I need the doctor where else am I supposed to go?

This week I want to do something to banish illness but I don’t know what yet. We’ll see what I come up with. I’ll probably do it on Saturday so I have time to figure something out.

Anyhow, enough about me. How are y’alls week going? Have any plans?

11 Likes

Round of applause to @christina4 and @Susurrus ! :clap:

In my thoughts and prayers @christina4 :pray::revolving_hearts:

I have nothing planned, just me doing me one day at a time :smirk:

Oh, I am counting down to my vacation in October. Heading to Gatlinburg instead of New Jersey :grin:

10 Likes

What’s in Gatlinburg?

8 Likes

There’s a beautiful resort called Brookside, where every room is river view, that’s where I’m staying again. We would sit out on the patio and have drinks, listening to the the river, sleep with the window open. It’s a little “touristy” but I like to go wandering the trails, drive Cades Cove loop, find waterfalls. Ripley’s has a nice aquarium, there’s Dollywood too in the next town over, Pigeon Forge. I go in October because of the changing of the leaves :fallen_leaf::maple_leaf:
Oh…and there’s moonshine :joy:
But mainly I go because it’s beautiful, peaceful and helps me “reset”

10 Likes

It sounds lovely, @Peaches and at that time of year, the leaves should be turning. I bet it’s gorgeous!

8 Likes

@christina4 @Susurrus congrats ladies. Christina I am lighting a candle for you and your uncle and sending you some extra healing energy.if I can help with anything please let me know. Hugs and healing to you

9 Likes

@Amethyst i hope everything goes well for you hon. I will be lighting a candle for you as well and sending some extra healing vibes for your leg. Love and light to you

9 Likes

@Peaches i love that area of Tennessee, beautiful views and friendly ppl. I hope you have a great time.

8 Likes

Thank you so much @crystal24. Any healing energy is appreciated!

8 Likes

You are so welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thank you! You’re such a sweetheart! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

As will I light a special candle for you! This is hear breaking to hear! :pensive: I pray that everything will be gone once and for all with this round of antibiotics! I feel so helpless! I’ll make you a healing grid as well!!!

8 Likes

It’s Bank Holiday Monday here in England and hubby and I are spending some quality time together. And at the weekend it’s our wedding anniversary and we’re going out for dinner and to see a comedy show in London.

But I’m most excited that we’ve booked a weekend away in Ireland for my birthday at the start of October!

7 Likes

@IrisW happy anniversary. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. And a trip to Ireland sounds amazing.

9 Likes

Thanks ! I always do when I go off on my own

@Amethyst I’ll be sure to share pictures!
:revolving_hearts:

9 Likes

@Peaches yes please do. I would love to see them

9 Likes

Things have gotten off to a rough start for me this week. I had a terrible headache yesterday and today my throat is a little dry and scratchy, but that is probably because of the change in temperature.
But I’m looking forward to the cooler temperatures. :relaxed:
Been everywhere trying to get a pumpkin spice latte, but they’re sold out everywhere. :sob: And they say that nobody likes pumpkin spice. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Is it weird that I’ve never had a pumpkin spiced latte?

8 Likes