Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! February 1st 📜

A warm welcome and very Merry Meet Monday to all ! :sparkles:

Here’s the latest about upcoming events and forum news:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Sabbats: Pagan Holidays :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Beginning today Monday, February 1st and into tomorrow Tuesday, February 2nd is the special Sabbat Imbolc :seedling: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Imbolc-Wiccan-Solitary-Ritual-Celebration

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Lughnasadh/Lammas :ear_of_rice:

What-is-Lughnasadh-750x500

Click on the pictures and links above for more information about these exciting holidays!

You can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Thursday, February 4th

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life.

For more information about Moon Magick and specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter and the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, February 4th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 5th. You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post.

[ [ Upcoming Astronomical Events :milky_way: ] ]

Take a look up above and peer into the great beyond- the celestial heavens have a lot in store for us this week!

To learn about the numerous upcoming astronomical events this week, check out the Astrological Highlights for the Week Ahead in this lovely post by @Abs53:

WC 2st February - Venus enters Aquarius & Last Quarter Moon

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: From Seed to Sprout :seedling:

This challenge will close Tuesday, February 2nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - From Seed to Sprout :seedling:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings? Join in for this week’s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :heart: Muddy Waters

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Friday, February 5th !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is a way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IV (January 22nd - February 19th)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 19th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction.

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@m111, @katrina3, @debbie2, @dorothy3, @andrea17, @amy17, @elizabeth17, @ashley24, @joseph4, @savannah3, @andrea18, @norfalia, @maile, @lonzetta, @iambecky, @brittany21, @amanda27, @yamilette, @cesar, @aileen, @corey1, @tracie3, @maddie1, @alicia7, @juniper, @grimo, @robin77, @vicky1, @IrisSSSS, @lacey, @lachelle, @ayanna, @susan6, @iva, @josh2, @lyla, @jamie12, @jay7, @carrie1, @renae, @rachael6, @samantha23, @kathryn7, @thisali, @manisha, @maria9, @esmeralda3, @tanya5, @fiona2, @kayla7, @zechary, @SacredBee, @autumn5, @ivy, @judy1, @Kasandra, @sage_amalthea, @sarah26, @tammie2, @kirstyn, @michelle22, @jenny2, @paige4, @cheryl4, @kary, @mira1, @kiara, @bennet, @brianna5, @Zira333, @andrea19, @carla4, @kovacs, @crystal16, @Amaris1976, @paintmeagalaxy, @katherine9, @rachel10, @crystal17, @Apikaile, @lori7

If you haven’t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A double-dose of love back to @Amethyst for writing the most posts and sharing the most hearts over the past week :writing_hand::heart: You bring delight and cheer with your words and kindness- thank you for all that you do! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Will you be celebrating the Sabbat or practicing moon magick this week? :first_quarter_moon:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Wishing everyone a very happy Sabbat and blessed start to February

Love and Light! :candle:

7 Likes

Congratulations to my lovely friend, @Amethyst :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Happy Imbolc!! And welcome to all the new members. :wave:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you so much, everyone! I’m all blushing! :blush:

I’m not celebrating Imbolc till tomorrow because I have two doctor appointments for today. At least I hope I do, the snow is moving in and I may have to cancel my afternoon one and redo it. We’ll see I guess. Other than that my week is free! My helper will be doing my shopping for me. That feels so good to write! LOL.

Thank you, sweetie! Happy Imbolc to you and to everyone! Especially to our newbies and lurkers! We love you guys too!

4 Likes

Congratulations @Amethyst! Great job! & welcome to all the new members. I hope everyone has a great Imbolc! I didn’t get to make anything this weekend. I am going to see what I can come up with today. I’m staying home today, we are getting the outskirts of a storm today into tomorrow. It’s going to change to rain, but before that, it’s going to be yucky. The dogs & I have found our spots on the bed while we wait for school to be over & Peanut to come home.

5 Likes

Thanks love! Keep safe and warm!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I would like to do a ritual of some kind for Imbolc. Thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

CONGRATS to all the new members :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4: Happy Imbolc to everyone, I didn’t had a chance to actually make something but will burn some incense and light some candles :fire:(MY FAVORITE)

Be Blesssed💫

6 Likes

Best of luck with the appointments- I hope everything went well!

You are very welcome, Colin! I hope you were able to enjoy a lovely Imbolc ritual! :candle:

It sounds like a great way to celebrate the holiday- wishing a very Happy Imbolc to you too, Nick! :blush:

It is bitter cold here- slightly sunny and slightly cloudy :sun_behind_small_cloud: It makes me wonder after reading the post about Traditional Weather Predictions if it may be a longer winter here in Warsaw! I hope not- I’m ready for Spring! :seedling: :grin:

Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Sabbat! :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I think they did. The leg doctor went really well, but the tests for the heart doctor I won’t find out about until next month. Thanks for the good wishes! Keep warm!

3 Likes

Congrats, @Amethyst! You deserve the recognition for everything you give to this coven. :hugs:

I was terribly sick yesterday, which limited my responses, but I am feeling better today, thankfully. Yesterday was actually the busiest day for me this week. :rofl: I look forward to doing the group ritual with you all on Thursday. Have a blessed week!

4 Likes

Thank you, kind sir! I hope you get to feeling better this week. It’s not a good time to be sick. I’ll be keeping you in my thoughts!

4 Likes

Awesome that the leg doctor visit went well, @Amethyst! That’s good news :blush: A month is a long time to wait for tests- I’ve got my fingers crossed they will bring positive news when they arrive :incoming_envelope: :two_hearts:

Hooray that you are feeling better, @praecog29! :raised_hands: Hopefully the rest of the week will be more relaxed for you- wishing you a speedy full recovery! :pray: I’m afraid I’m having a bit of a sick day myself, but luckily nothing serious. Let’s get some rest and heal up quick! :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you, love! I kinda think if the heart doctor was worried I’ll here from her this week to come in early. So we’ll see!

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.