Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! February 8th šŸ’Œ

A warm welcome and very Merry Meet Monday to all ! :sparkles:

Hereā€™s the latest about upcoming events and forum news:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Thursday, January 11th- although the exact time will vary according to your location.

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, February 11th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this weekā€™s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, February 12th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last weekā€™s post.

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Of the Element Fire :fire:

This challenge will close Tuesday, February 9th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of the Element Fire :fire:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this weekā€™s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :candle: New Tools

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, February 17th !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is a way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club IV (January 22nd - February 19th)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, February 19th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@AlitasJoy, @Veronica3, @ashan, @lori8, @karel, @crystal18, @shannon9, @kimberly23, @nancygoldilocks, @dalton3, @marie8, @ann1, @reneigh2, @alicia8, @cristopher, @kristin5, @phenpitcha, @lisa27, @miranda4, @erica8, @debra1, @benita, @niyah, @megan8, @caity, @kimmay, @hannah14, @megan9, @karen5, @angela18, @toni2, @kylea, @aniko, @LadyBex, @brandi6, @constance, @madam, @christine9, @blair-alanna, @emily17, @soledad, @kelly7, @nokai, @CortneyRochelle, @judy2, @bronwyn1, @mary22, @madelyn, @chloe4, @erika, @kat3, @mitazeijaa , @claire3, @stephanie26, @richard4, @brittney4, @klaudija, @jessica45, @Jewitch, @laura17, @caner, @kaitlyn5, @josie2, @tamara1, @catarina

If you havenā€™t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• An extra helping of appreciation to @Amethyst- on a two-week streak of sharing the most posts and love in the forum over the past week! :heart: :writing_hand: You are a beacon of light and a source of inspiration- we are truly blessed to have you here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

[Picture inspired by Pets in the Snow thread]

Does the New Moon inspire ritual work or invite a time or reflective rest in your practice? :new_moon: Any fun plans in store for the week ahead? :grin:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share whatā€™s on your mind in the comments below!

May the winds of the season sweep away negativity and welcome in love and light to your life

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

The Chinese New Year begins on Friday, February 12th! :red_gift_envelope: :cow: :partying_face:

If you donā€™t know your Chinese Zodiac or are interested in learning more, you can delve into this topic in Astrology: East and West or visit last yearā€™s Chinese New Year Post (2020: Year of the Rat) :milky_way:

Happy celebrating! :confetti_ball: :heart: :full_moon:

4 Likes

Congrats @Amethyst :partying_face::balloon:as for the Chinese New Year, Iā€™m the Ox. Pretty much like my sun sign, the bull.

3 Likes

Congratulations to @Amethyst! Great job!

My Chinese Zodiac is the year of the Snake and my Primal Zodiac is the Angler Fish. I remember a couple of weeks ago I was figuring this out when I decided how I wanted to approach the element challenges. Very interesting reads! I love them.

I would love to go through the old posts though. There is so much to learn and refresh in my brain about the zodiacs.

2 Likes

Aww, yā€™all are making me blush again! :blush: Thank you so much for the shout out!

Thank you, love! I appreciate it!

I have a week of rest, for the most part, this week. Sally can do the laundry and the trash today while I do PT. I have no doctor appointments this week, gasp! So other than the workmen coming to do the sheetrock I am down for an easy week this week.

Of course watch me jinx myself. Sheesh. LOL. Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

3 Likes

This is really your year, Christina- it seems like a double alignment! :ox: :cow: :heart: May you have many blessings in the months to come :pray:

I know the feeling! Always so much to explore when it comes to the zodiacs :grin: If you discover anything interesting in your studies, def give a shout! :raised_hands:

Itā€™s very well earned- thank YOU! :sparkling_heart: That is wonderful that youā€™ve got a restful and relaxing week to look forward to, Kasie :relaxed: Yes- knock on wood, lol! Hopefully the workmen will be done quickly and you can enjoy some peace and relaxation :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Congrats, @Amethyst, on the two week streak! :purple_heart: While I have work, I am still on call and my personal schedule looks clear, like yours. :grinning: I hope they get all the holes fixed soon!

Itā€™s Black History Month in America :black_heart: and last night a group of friends did a study on Martin Luther King Jr. There was more to it, and I learned a lot - along with tangible actions, but I will keep all of that for a different forum since I dislike when politics rears its ugly head in our coven. (And this is a political issue as much as it is a moral one in our country. Please keep any political thoughts to yourself if replying. :sweat_smile: I love the warm, welcoming, inclusiveness of the coven.)

I am excited about the new moon and the group ritual. @Abs53 provided some amazing insight into the New Moon in Aquarius. :pray:t3: Thank you!

3 Likes

He was in today looking at it, heā€™ll probably be in tomorrow and do the work patching the holes for a couple of hours and then in for the next three days for about ten minutes to repaint over it to get the right color. Neither me or the cat will have to leave so thatā€™s good. Doesnā€™t sound too traumatic. Knock on wood as you say though!

Thank you, kind sir! I hope you get some time to yourself too!

3 Likes

Hope you find some nice time to relax, Benjamin! :blush: Happy Black History Month- it sounds like you were able to learn a lot with your friends! New opportunities for opening the mind and studying empathy are always a blessing in my book :black_heart: :handshake:

Have a wonderful new moon, and looking forward to the group ritual with you! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

Hahaha knock on wood, indeed! :rofl: Hope it all goes well!

Some news from Poland- Thursday is Tłusty Czwartek (Fat Thursday) aka ā€œDonut Dayā€. It is considered lucky to eat a donut on this day and many Polish people compete to see who can eat the most donuts :doughnut: :yum:

Polish donuts are called pączki and are the most delicious kind of donut I have ever eaten (and you can bet I seek out local donuts when Iā€™m on the road! :laughing: )

(A fried and glazed donut with homemade raspberry filling)

The lines are already long and Iā€™m terrified of the crowds that will gather on Thursday- so I went out during a quiet time and got my donut (from a takeout shop with covid precautions in place) yesterday!

Happy Donut Day to all! :doughnut: :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I do too! We have a big rain/ice/snow storm coming this evening so they may wait till that has passed to do anything. Who knows? :snowflake:

Krogers used to have pączki for Lent here in the US but I havenā€™t seen any this year. Which is a shame because theyā€™re delicious! Enjoy an extra doughnut for me! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing that Krogers had them! :yum: I never had the chance to try a Polish donut until I moved to Poland- the closest thing we had in MA was Boston creme donuts (also very yummy!) :drooling_face: I will definitely have a pączek in your honor, @Amethyst- cheers! :laughing: :raised_hands:

I hope the snow storm isnā€™t too wild- stay warm and be safe! :heart:

3 Likes

I used to love getting Polish doughnuts and sharing them with Mom. Itā€™s a happy memory.

I hope I donā€™t loose power. We could get ice enough to bring the lines down. But My helper has me stocked up on food and the trash out so I should be good. You keep warm too, this winter seems colder than normal. :snowflake:

3 Likes

It sounds like a very happy memory indeed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Your helper is amazing, Kasie- power or not, you are all set! But Iā€™be got my fingers crossed the electricity doesnā€™t go out there. Thanks girl, you stay warm and safe too! :heart: :blush:

3 Likes

There was over 48,000 people in WV without power yesterday but I wasnā€™t one of them, thank Goddess. Iā€™m all cozy and warm! Thanks sweetie!

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.