Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! July 5 šŸ«

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :chocolate_bar:

Hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, July 8th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on the main page of the forum for more details about this weekā€™s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, July 9th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Saturday, July 10th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New Moon Ritual Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan events, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: 50th Challenge: The Challenger :trophy:

Witchy Challenge The Challenger

This challenge will close Tuesday, July 6th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Challenger :trophy:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Energy Exchange Candle

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VII (Jun 18 - Jul 16)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, July 16th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@ebony4, @christina15, @marisa1, @louise1, @pauline, @shani, @drakar, @kate2, @kristen6, @dameika, @cass1, @byron, @ramona, @cindy6, @jennifer56, @erika3, @kaley1, @jessica62, @maria16, @jennifer57, @florencia, @shay1, @savannah4, @storm, @beatrix, @roland, @karin1, @danielle17, @rosemary1, @TheNewWitch21, @alma, @julie16, @holly11, @miasia1, @LadyFireCancer, @misty2, @melissa18, @cherry, @moonshadow, @louisa, @storm1, @gina4, @gigi1, @angela25, @shannon13, @leonie, @amber25, @navacomgirl, @Peaches, @kayla13, @samantha34, @myria

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A round of applause to @Christina4 for writing the most posts and sharing the most hearts- on a four-week streak! :heart: :writing_hand: You are a shining beacon of inspiration and positivity- thank you for the love and light that you bring! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes pedestal, @Christina4 will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two-month rest period.

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots: !

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Plans for the New Moon? :new_moon: Magickal or mundane, whatā€™s on your mind this week? :dizzy:

Give a shout out to your fellow coven members and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below!

Blessed be! :chocolate_bar: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Is it just me, or do the events this week seem to have a theme? :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

But hey- in celebration of World Chocolate Day, now its great time for some Chocolate Magick :chocolate_bar:!

And for any Kitchen Witches out there, itā€™s a great excuse opportunity to cook up some tasty chocolate recipes too :yum:

Happy Chocolate Day! :chocolate_bar: :tada:

9 Likes

Woohoo! World Chocolate Day!!! :chocolate_bar: :yum:
Thanks for mentioning the best day ever, @BryWisteria now I have an excuse to buy some chocolate :chocolate_bar: mmmm

9 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! And congratulations to wonderful @christina4 for her four-week streak! Thatā€™s so great hon! So glad youā€™re here with us!

Iā€™d buy myself some chocolate for World Chocolate Day, but I get my shopping on Tuesday, any chocolate I buy would be gone by Wednesday. LOL!

10 Likes

Thank you!! And I am absolutely the same way with chocolate!! Itā€™d be gone by night fall!! :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Congratulations @christina4 you have done a wonderful job & Iā€™m so happy for you! :parrot:

I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing this week. Iā€™m honestly just trying to get through today. Today is my sonā€™s 19th birthday :birthday::partying_face: & heā€™s on his way home from NH. He got his first tattoo last night.

We had a quiet weekend so far. My town & the neighboring towns had canceled the fireworks, but our neighborhood had them going off ad soon as the sun went down. Then it was police calls all night for fireworks & the police were unable to locate the parties involved. There were so many going off we could smell the sulfur just walking outside. :fireworks:

I donā€™t have anything too exciting. Iā€™m hiding at my house today because the traffic coming & going is building. Yay for Monday holidays! Iā€™ll have a fire in a little bit though.

I miss MY people. I hope everyone is doing okay & had a good weekend. We had a couple of days of yuck weather so we started watching the series Scrubs. Weā€™ve made it to Season 3 :grin: today will be sunny :sun_with_face: & we can be outside.

8 Likes

Wish your son happy birthday from the strange woman in WV! LOL!

9 Likes

:rainbow:Christina, Your so amazing, to the contribution that you make to the coven and you really deserve to wear that badge with honor! :trophy: Cheers to your success! :four_leaf_clover:
As for me, I am in aw of the National Kissing day! ā€œThey described kissing in three forms: the osculumā€ (a friendly peck on the cheek) In my family we did this to the elders!
This is awsome, I thought I really like this value we had, and wish some of the old ways were still here to this day!!
As far as dark chocolate, I always keep some handy in my freezer and instead of having a cup of coffee in the morning. Nutritionist say its good for you to have a piece of dark chocolate!! :chocolate_bar:
Thank you Travel Witch for all this great information that makes me just want to eat dark chocolate to give me higher dopamine levels!! I see your tactics!!LOL :yum:
And I really appreciate that you made this Merry Meet Forum it helps me alot!!

Siofra- I hope your son has an amazing day! Wish him a Happy Birthday for me! In your minds eye!

For fourth of July, My black lab was so infuriated that he was barking and poor Millie my cat was hiding underneath the bed. I feel so badly for our animals during this time!

As for me I am going to do something awesome for keeping my keys with Hecate and I am going to bless my besom!
I hope you all had a good day, and wish you all many bright blessings!!!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Hahaha glad youā€™re excited too, @Christina4! :laughing: Chocolate is a form of self-love, so it this occasion is a great excuse to treat yourself well! :chocolate_bar: :heart:

We have the same problem in our place, @Amethyst- where does the chocolate go so quickly? :thinking: Itā€™s a real mystery :joy:

It sounds like quite a hectic time, @Susurrus- hopefully with the holiday over, everything has quieted down for you now :pray: Enjoy your show and the nice weather! :sun_with_face:

Youā€™re very welcome, @Jeannie1- Iā€™m glad you enjoy the weekly news post! And yes- you found me out, Iā€™m all about spreading the love for chocolate :joy::chocolate_bar: I agree- itā€™s interesting how different places have very different ideas about kissing! Like in some places here in Europe, France especially, where people kiss as a normal greeting- I had quite the shock on my first visit! :laughing: :kiss:

7 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Howā€™s @MeganB?

So, when shall we meet this week?

And where is the zoom link?

Excited to meet everyone.

Annesha

8 Likes

Good morning Annesha! The Zoom link gets posted in the group ritual post, not here. I should be there this week!

7 Likes

My love language is food and my husband will get food from this great little butcher shop/soul food restaurant near his work. When he does, he always orders a piece of cake for me and brings it home. I told him he had to get me chocolate cake this week!

I am beginning to think about what intentions/wishes I want to dry for this new moon. We have a lot going on right now so Iā€™m trying to determine what is the most important to focus on.

Congrats @christina4!! I always love reading your posts and responses. The badge is well earned.

6 Likes

Aw, thanks love!!! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Greetings @Princess_Tara! :blush: Megan is right on- the link has been added to this weekā€™s group ritual post, which is shared in the forum every Tuesday.

Here is a link for anyone who hasnā€™t seen it yet:

ā†’ (Group Ritual - July 8) :droplet: A Cup to Stay Cool

Wishing you good luck with your New Moon intention setting, @Amaris_Bane! And enjoy that yummy chocolate cake :chocolate_bar: :yum:

6 Likes

Thanks @BryWisteria

Thanks for sharing. Will join.

Annesha

6 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, @Princess_Tara! :heart:

6 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.