Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! June 14th 💃

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :dancer:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 17th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

1. a group ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

2. a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on the main page of the forum for more details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 18th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Friday, June 18th .

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following about this special moon phase:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Sabbats: Pagan Holidays :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

This Sunday June 20th - Sunday, June 21st (depending on your location) marks the Summer Solstice and the beginning of the special Sabbat Litha :sun_with_face: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Litha-Ritual-Spell-CastAlong-800x530

Here are a few suggestions for how you might celebrate this holiday:

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate the Winter Solstice and the Sabbat Yule :evergreen_tree:

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8

Click on the pictures and links above for more information about these exciting holidays!

You can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more about upcoming pagan events, check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Enchanting Chants :notes:

This challenge will close Tuesday, June 15th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Enchanting Chants :notes:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@chelsie1, @tina9, @hallee, @kayla11, @dee5, @tyra1, @jessica56, @holly9, @nour, @mary27, @stephanie33, @crystal21, @philisiwe, @deborah9, @leia, @jacqueline5, @alisha5, @henry3, @travis1, @kaelyn, @rene1, @nadia4, @angela24, @ruby3, @bobbie1, @river1, @sequita, @Princess_Tara, @meagann, @mirta, @andrea27, @sarah35, @annette5, @lyndsey, @amanda39, @michele5, @lidia, @kristina8, @Mamabear, @chelsea11, @ashley32, @michele6, @nathan1, @AmandaLynn37, @rosie1, @Fallen1, @rachel14, @chantelle, @saskia, @claire4, @britany, @gemma3, @leisha, @dillan, @victor, @katelyn9, @christopher8, @kayla12, @misty1, @eva7, @rheamark, @tiera, @kimberly37

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• A double-dose of love to @Christina4 for giving the most hearts and writing the most posts in the forum! :heart::writing_hand: For all your wisdom and generous kindness- thank you so much for all the joy you bring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots: !

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Sabbat celebrations on your mind? :partying_face: Anything exciting- be it magickal or mundane- on your mind this week? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Love and Light! :dancer: :heart:

11 Likes

Oh wow, I’ve never gotten both before!!! Thank you!!

I’m so excited for Litha! :sun_with_face::sunny::sun_behind_small_cloud::sunglasses:
I can’t wait!! I don’t know exactly what I’m doing but I have a lot planned.

And @BryWisteria I like how on other events of interest, there’s veggie day :broccoli: then splurge day :ice_cream: Like eat healthy first because I’m gonna pig out soon. :rofl:

8 Likes

Congratulations @christina4! Well deserved! I’m very happy for you! :heart: :parrot:

I have a couple of appointments this week. One is my psychiatrist, but that is just a follow up. I’m doing pretty good since the last time I spoke to her in May. I feel a lot better. Then Friday I go to see a hand doctor for my right hand. It’s still giving me issues with normal range of motion & some pain. Other than those 2, I have lunch with my husband on Thursday & my son may join us. So that will be fun.

I had a pretty quiet weekend. We stayed home, it rained on Saturday so we watched a movie then Sunday we had a fire & watched a couple of movies afterward. It was nice & my anxiety wasn’t too bad yesterday, so that was a plus.

It’s my daughter’s last full week of school & then next week she goes for 1 1/2 days. She will do great & the summer is waiting for her.

I hope everyone has a great day/week! I have no idea what I am doing for Litha. This will be my first one since I joined Spells8 though! I’ll find something I’m sure. I will poke around & see what I come up with.

6 Likes

Congratulations @christina4! You put so much love into the forum, it’s appreciated so much!

I’m gonna do the Litha ritual here on-site, only with a candle instead of a cauldron with a small fire. I don’t trust myself enough to put either on the floor and jump over it though, so I don’t know what I’m doing for purification. Maybe use my selenite wand. I’ll figure it out.

Other than that, I’m good this week. I don’t have any doctor’s appointments or anything like that. Other than the fact a power outage has made my building’s power all wonky and the stove won’t stop beeping at me, it’s all good! I’m just glad I don’t live upstairs, the elevator is out. Thank goddess.

Hope you all are planning a good week ahead!

6 Likes

@christina4 congratulations on the double shout out :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:you deserve it my lovely :heart:

@Susurrus I hope all goes good at your appointments :heart: this is my first celebration of Litha ever and it’s so exciting :grin:

@Amethyst I hope the wonky electrics get fixed soon :heart: I had a fridge that used to beep when my old meter used to play up and it drove me mad lol :heart:

I’ll be going down to the river with the kids for a Litha inspired picnic :heart_eyes: we’re going to bring a small barbecue bucket and have a small bonfire also :grin: and not sure what I’m doing for the quarter moon yet but I’ll decide before it :grin: I hope everyone has an amazing week :heart:

4 Likes

This was power wonky in the whole area. For instance I had cable and computer and lights in my living room and hall, but nothing in my bedroom and bathroom. They fixed it around five, which is better than what I thought it would be, I figured it would be fixed around midnight. I just feel sorry for the people on the second floor, they had no power to the elevator. Eek.

3 Likes

Hello,
I have decided to do yoga outside and create some space for my lovely side of the magician! Rey recommends meditation with the tarot and I joined a yoga practice that is a short, playful arm balance practice is inspired by the first Major Arcana of the Tarot, The Magician. The Magician is the bridge between heaven and earth. Drawing from meditation and the deep inner wisdom of the heart, the Magician transforms work into play, makes all his yokes easy and his burdens light. While arm balances require a healthy amount of effort, they are made light and paradoxically grounding when practiced with a playful attitude. Approach this practice from a light perspective and tap into the wisdom of the Magician.

I am connected to my breath and so excited to work with conjuring up magic 🪄 in my practice to manifest my health and healing!
I tried to give you all the video but it is only for members! Still try yoga is great for the soul! I always work with yoga with Adriene on u tube!
I just wanted to share with you part of my practice! After a long day at work I hung upside down on my inversion table too!

Blessed be!

3 Likes

Hahaha I’m thrilled you picked up on that- what a holiday combo! :joy:

There’s still plenty of time to decide, and usually around the holidays lots of people share their ritual suggestions and ideas :blush: Hopefully you’ll come across a great plan for your Litha celebrations! :heart:

That sounds amazing- what a fun event with your family! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Wishing you all a very happy and blessed Litha- enjoy your bbq celebrations! :fire:

I’m glad to hear the wonky electricity got fixed- thank goodness! :pray: You choose your apartment well. I think it’s always better to be on the first floor for both safety and accessibility. Hopefully the electricity with behave from now on! :grin::+1:

A combination of Yoga and Tarot sounds like such a great practice! :heart_eyes: :person_in_lotus_position: :flower_playing_cards: And it looks like you are really enjoying it too, good for you Jeannie :blush: Thanks for sharing your bright magick- I’d love to give Tarot Yoga a try someday :grin:

5 Likes

Thank you,
I thought I would do yoga in nature outside. I felt the wind press against my skin and I looked up at the stars :star:
I dreamed of getting healthy by quitting vaping! I have a nicotine patch to stop :stop_sign: My heart has been pressing me to do it!
It just feels so good to be under the stars :sparkles:

Christina, :sunrise: I look forward to Litha too!

Soifra- I hope your arm feels better! My son is supposed to go to summer school :pencil2: and he didn’t go! I am going to take his game away!!!

Amethyst- I am going to do a ritual for Litha too! Looking forward to seeing yours!

Lisa- I am glad your going to the river! Get some sun :sunny:
I found a skim board for the beach :sunglasses: I can’t wait to take Roscoe again and just soak up the fun in the sun!
Jeannie
Blessed Be✨

4 Likes

It would be scary on the second floor, as I can’t get downstairs very well. I hope it behaves. Unless we get another big thunderstorm through. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

I’m gonna do the one onsite, only with three candles instead of a fire. I don’t feel comfortably lighting a fire in my cauldron, even though it would be just a small one. But it looks like a great ritual!

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.