Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! June 21 šŸŒ»

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sunflower:

Hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Sabbats: Pagan Holidays :wheel_of_dharma: ] ]

Blessed Sabbat! :partying_face:

Today, Monday, June 21st (depending on your location) marks the Summer Solstice and the beginning of the special Sabbat Litha :sun_with_face: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Litha Celebration

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate the Winter Solstice and the Sabbat Yule :evergreen_tree:

Yule Celebration

For additional celebration ideas for both Sabbats, take a peek at the resources shared in last weekā€™s Merry Meet Monday :newspaper: .

You can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Moon Phase: Full Moon :full_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Thursday, June 24th .

Full Moon Magic Spells

The full moon is a celebrated time where the energy of the moon is at itā€™s most powerful. Now is a wonderful time to charge, cleanse, and absorb the potent energies of the moon.

For inspiration, visit What to Do During the Full Moon .

June Strawberry Moon Spell

Juneā€™s full moon is called the Full Strawberry Moon :strawberry: : and represents a very powerful time of year. Draw on the unique heat and energy of the Strawberry Moon by following along with the Full Strawberry Moon Spell on Spells8 :sparkles:

You can also learn more about the unique meaning of each full moon in Whatā€™s in a Full Moon Name? :full_moon:

Find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, June 24th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

1. a group ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day
    2. a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

:grey_exclamation: The Zoom meet has been postponed this week, apologies for any inconvenience! Please look forward to more Zoom meets in the near future

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Keep an eye out for an upcoming announcement on the main page of the forum for more details about this weekā€™s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 25th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan events, check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: A Healthy Dose of Stones and Crystals :prayer_beads:

Crystal Challenge

This challenge will close Tuesday, June 22nd at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - A Healthy Dose of Stones and Crystals :prayer_beads:

Himalayan Salt- Healing Crystals

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

A Candle for the Coven

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VII (Jun 18 - Jul 16)

Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, July 16th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@bonita, @mercedes2, @jillian2, @hannah20, @jace, @yasemin, @margaret4, @annie3, @kapuahaunani, @ashley33, @danielle13, @charlotte5, @pearl1, @lisa34, @dove, @astrid2, @Razzcatt, @amira1, @abigail5, @jamie15, @chelssee, @autumn8, @edtreme, @kiele, @kathy3, @luz, @chaia, @brittany27, @kelli5, @makinsey, @melissa16, @Shadowdragon143, @poppy, @cathy1, @michele7, @carrir, @natasha12, @deseree, @tim2, @vess, @natasha13, @angel7, @tracy13, @carolyn5, @melisa1, @astrid3, @deborah10, @pink3, @Sherylanne, @nadia5, @ashley34, @nadia6, @william2

If you havenā€™t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most hearts and writing the most posts in the forum- on a two-week-streak! :writing_hand: :heart: Your presence brings joy and light to the forum- thank you for being so wonderful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots: !

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Fun Sabbat celebrations? :partying_face: Working some Full Moon Magick? :full_moon: Is there anything exciting- be it magickal or mundane- on your mind this week? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share whatā€™s on your mind in the comments below!

Love and Light! :sunflower: :heart:

12 Likes

There are a few Noc Kupały (Kupala Night / Midsummerā€™s Night) celebrations here in Poland that look interesting, but as my partner and I arenā€™t fully vaccinated (getting our second shots on Thursday! :syringe::raised_hands: ), we will sit them out for safety. Maybe next year! :grin:

I found a good video about the local festivities, in case anyone wants some additional traditional methods of celebrating the solstice:

Wishing everyone a very blessed Solstice! :sun: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Thank you for the news as always. Iā€™m glad that tomorrow is summer solstice and will celebrate in my own small way by burning a candle with my son. :slight_smile:

A warm welcome to the new members, may you find what you seek.

Iā€™ve been reading a ton on magick tonight and feel ready to embark on the next stage of my journey.

8 Likes

Ooh, thanks!!! I love learning about what different cultures do for their festivities.

6 Likes

Merry Meet Monday everyone.
This week I hope is a better one than last. Iā€™ve been dealing with something the last week and a half and Iā€™m not sure what it is. Iā€™ve not been myself, I had no motivation for taking care of the house, Iā€™ve not been active as much on here, Iā€™ve not been reading like I usually do, etc. I feel as though I have a weighted blanket over me emotionally.

The visit with my son went great btw, sorry I didnā€™t update sooner. They left last Monday. ā€œSheā€ ( sonā€™s gf ) and I actually had a good conversation and hopefully the situation between us is now a starting point for just respect and understanding of each other.
Yesterday I rearranged my furniture in my living room and did the same with items on the kitchen counters, after which I burned some Palo and lit a black candle.
This week I hope to shed the blanket, get back to me, meditate, and clean my altar.
Hope everyoneā€™s week is abundant in positive energy.
Blessed Be

7 Likes

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Solstice and are enjoying whatever weather you have in your area.

6 Likes

Youā€™ll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers to shed that darn blanket!!! Sorry you feel that way, tho!!! And Iā€™m happy to hear you talked things through with your sonā€™s girlfriend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts::relaxed:

6 Likes

I can finally break some candles out of boxes today. I will be lighting one for you. Blessings to you, friend. Sending you love and light.

6 Likes

Lots of great happenings! And welcome to all the new members! :heart:

6 Likes

Hi Rowan
I know everyoneā€™s situation is personal and different but I feel like I was in the same low energy space as you for a good portion of June. Wouldnā€™t wish that on anyone. Sending you peace and loving energy! Happy to hear that communication with the sonā€™s gf was left on a positive note and that maybe this is the spark of good energy and communication.

6 Likes

Happy Solstice to everyone! I hope youā€™re having a good Monday! Many congratulations to @christina4 for all the posts and love you give!

Been to my regular doctor for the first time in a year it feels like. The visit went okay and Iā€™m good to go for another three months.

I did a lovely little ritual and then a mediation for the Solstice myself and it made me feel really energized.

@Rowan Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve been feeling bad. Hopefully, now that the GF is out of the way, youā€™ll feel better. Iā€™ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

@praecog29 Iā€™m glad youā€™re getting some candles out, I know that will make you feel better!

And welcome to all the new members! :infinite_roots: Glad to have you here!

5 Likes

Youā€™re very welcome, @colin :blush: I hope you had a lovely summer solstice and enjoyed some magickal time with your son!

Youā€™re welcome, @Christina4- and same here! Itā€™s so fascinating to see and learn from celebrations around the world :earth_americas: :star_struck:

Sorry youā€™ve been having a dark moment, @Rowan, although it is good to hear that things went okay with your sonā€™s girlfriend! Positive energy coming your way- may the solstice sun burn through any cloudy haze over you so you can enjoy a week of light, happiness, and good health :pray::sun:

Glad to hear that your doctorā€™s visit went well, @Amethyst- it sounds like you had a lovely solstice! :blush:

Hope everyoneā€™s weeks are off to a great start- and may you all have a very blessed Strawberry Moon later this week! :strawberry: :full_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

I did! How was yours?

4 Likes

Thank you @christina4 @praecog29 @robin77 @Amethyst @BryWisteria for the positive energy.

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome my friend!

4 Likes

Glad to hear your solstice went well, Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It was a very low-key solstice here, thanks for asking! :sun: I had wanted to do some fun cooking, but due to the awful heat wave weā€™ve been having the stove and oven are in time-out :sweat_smile: Just a (chilly) ritual bath and special meditation for me!

Hope the weather where youā€™re at is much nicer :sunglasses: :+1:

3 Likes

Itā€™s nice today, but it was warm and stormy until a cold front moved in last night. The West Coast is having a terrible heat wave and drought though. And there are some people who say climate change isnā€™t a real thing!

Stay cool my friend. Stay cool! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Cheers to that- it seems obvious with how the weather is getting weirder and wilder each year :grimacing::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: Thanks, @Amethyst- same to you! :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.