Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! June 7th 🌄

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sunrise_over_mountains:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendar so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) tomorrow Thursday, June 10th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Astrological Event: Solar Eclipse :black_circle: ] ]

In addition to the New Moon, certain parts of the world will experience a Lunar Eclipse on Thursday, June 10th .

Both Lunar and Solar Eclipses are interpreted by many to be dark times with unique effects on spellwork. Every witch forms their own opinion about working or abstaining from magick during an eclipse.

Learn more and consider working some magick specifically crafted for this occasion in Solar Eclipse Spell: Sun and Moon Candle Magick :black_heart: :candle:

Eclipse-Magic-Spell-Ritual

Feel free to share your magickal plans and thoughts about the occasion in the Gemini New Moon Solar Eclipse discussion :new_moon: !

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, June 10th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance? Now is your chance to find some answers, as the lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, June 11th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post .

[ [ Holiday Heads Up! :eyes:] ]

Not this Sunday, but next Sunday, June 20th marks the summer solstice and Sabbat Litha :fire: for those in the Northern Hemisphere.

Litha-Video-Sabbat-Celebration-Ritual-360x240

Friends in the Southern Hemisphere will celebrate Yule :evergreen_tree:

Yule-Solitary-Celebration-Ritual-Spells8-360x240

More information on these exciting holidays will come in next week’s Merry Meet Monday- you can also visit Wheel of the Year to learn more about the 8 Pagan Sabbats :wheel_of_dharma:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

For more about upcoming pagan events, check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: The Many Colors of Magick :rainbow:

Weekly-Challenge-Color-2021

This challenge will close Tuesday, June 8th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - The Many Colors of Magick :rainbow:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VII (May 14 - June 11)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, June 11th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@_tazeon, @tara7, @denise2, @riya, @maria15, @rachele, @976babe, @kiana, @shalom, @alita, @jacqueline4, @catherine4, @emily23, @christy6, @rosa2, @norma1, @ashley31, @samantha32, @kelly10, @brittany26, @jessi1, @miriem, @gerard, @jenny3, @sheryl1, @andrea26, @davina, @desiree2, @julia5, @sharifah_2005, @sarah34, @christian3, @polydruid, @natalia3, @brooklin, @laila3, @lee1, @Amaris_Bane, @Dragonmoon, @taylor17, @dustin, @alicia13, @sarah31, @jenai, @margaret3, @faith4, @melissa15, @cecelia, @dana4, @ashlie, @katelyn8, @springecho1, @jessywessy

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo and cheers to @Susurrus for writing the most posts and sharing the most hearts in the forum- on a four-week streak! :heart::writing_hand: Your wisdom, encouragement, and endless love make the forum a wonderful and welcoming place- thanks for all that you do! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes pedestal, @Susurrus will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two month rest period.

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots: !

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

What plans do you have for the New Moon Solar Eclipse? :new_moon: Is there any thing exciting- be it magickal or mundane- on your mind this week? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

Love and Light! :sunrise_over_mountains: :heart:

11 Likes

I was writing up this week’s MMM, and wow! Thursday is an absolutely loaded day! :astonished: We have a new moon, solar eclipse, tea ritual, remembrance day for the Salem Witch Trials, and it’s also Herb and Spices Day!

No matter how you choose to celebrate or rest this Thursday, have a blessed time! :pray::heart:

11 Likes

Congratulations to @Susurrus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::clap:t2::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::tada::tada:

7 Likes

Thank you so much! I don’t know where I would be on my path without the forum, well now, Infinite Roots Coven :infinite_roots: I wasn’t even trying! I just like being here. I’m getting some things done in my room now that I am restocked on witchy things. I just set up my new diffuser & put the Florida Water Mix in it. Definitely 1 of my favorite blends. I don’t know what else is in store for me today, but I will be in & out of the forum. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Congratulations on the well deserved shout out @Susurrus :heart::heart:

I haven’t really thought about my plans for the whole week yet. I’ll definetly be doing something for the new moon but I haven’t decided what yet :new_moon:

I’m looking forward to seeing what this week’s challenge is also :heart:

I hope everyone has an amazing week :heart::heart:

7 Likes

Hard to believe that Litha is less than two weeks away!:astonished: Should probably start decorating my altar and cleansing my tools on Thursday during the New Moon. The sunflowers will be a great theme. :sunflower:

8 Likes

Congratulations to @Susurrus! Whoo! You done good! LOL!

It feels like summer here already, but yeah, it’s weird that it’s almost the Summer Solstice here in the States. I gotta get ready for that. Not sure what I want to do about it yet . So many options.

I do know that I want to for the New Moon, I found a great spell for a Gratitude Salt Spell for Good Luck. It looks like something I’d like to do for myself. I bought some dried rose petals from Amazon. Of course, I had to get this HUGE bag instead of just a few petals. Still, it’s cheaper than sending me roses. LOL.

Other than all the happenings on Thursday, my week is pretty chill. I’m working on my book for the book club, I signed up for two and I’m trying to work my way through the second. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

7 Likes

Soifra,
Thank you :blush: so much for all that you do! Your the best and such an amazing friend and you do a great contribution to the coven. Something I am going to try to be better at!
Thank you Travel Witch for this post and putting everything all together so I won’t miss anything! I love the extra love :heart: you give as well!
Jeannie

Amethyst ,
Thank you for the new spell on Graditude! Your so amazing :star_struck: We love u, bunches!
Jeannie
Blessed be!

6 Likes

Hail to that :heart: and seconded :heart::heart:

7 Likes

That’s great Travel Witch :woman_mage:
I am loving it!:lion:
Jeannie

7 Likes

Thank you @Jeannie1! I didn’t write it, I just found it though. It seems like a goodish spell though, doesn’t it? Love you guys too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Rowan,
Maybe try some aloe that might help your blisters!!
I hope you have a quick recovery and things start looking up!!

This weekend Roscoe my dog went chasing this handicaped women in the wheel chair because he thought it was my husband. We have a wheel chair, we ride around in the backyard. He ran so fast and I was still holding on to his leash. Well needless to say I was sitting down in a chair and I went backwards. I landed on my back. I never let go of his leash. I wanted so bad to scold him. But everyone at the barbecue came to my rescue. Helped me up and I was okay. I had durt on my back and rocks from the aftermath. I was okay and Roscoe was still with me! Later that day he looked at the wheelchair and I think he thought about doing it again. I said his animal nature is truley at its peak!!
I have a cat at home to and I love cats look what happened to this cat!
Anyway be kind to ur self!! We love you and you take care of that hand cause its a b**** trying to do anything with burns on your hands!
Take care!! Love ya!
Blessed Be!!

6 Likes

Enjoy your new diffuser, @Susurrus! And congrats again! :partying_face:

I hope you can find something perfect for your New Moon, @Liisa! And same to you- have a wonderful week! :heart:

Cheers to that @Kasandra- where did the time go!? :laughing: I feel like I was just deciding what to do for Beltane, and bam! We’re already at Litha! :astonished: I think cleansing and decorating are lovely activieis for the New Moon, and sunflowers are a perfect tribute to Litha! :sunflower: Enjoy!

Gratitude spells are always a great way to go- may your New Moon spellwork go wonderfully, @Amethyst! :blush: It sounds like you’ll be doing ritualwork with rose petals for a while :rose: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Luckily, it’s a great ingredient to have on hand! :grin: Enjoy your reading and have a lovely week!

You’re very welcome, @Jeannie1! So sorry to hear about Roscoe’s wild behavior- I hope you are doing okay now! Thank goodness there were kind people at the bbq to help you out :pray: Take care! :heart:

Oh goodness, I’m so sorry to hear about your burns @Rowan! :worried: I’m sure the situation with that toxic person isn’t helping you to heal. Go for the cleansing and meditative moments, and definitely protect yourself with shield work- that sounds like a good way to go :shield: :+1: Be well and stay safe! :sparkling_heart:

T-2 days to the New Moon and Solar Eclipse! :sunglasses: Wishing everyone a happy and blessed time :hugs::new_moon:

6 Likes

Thank you to everyone for the shout outs! I really appreciate it.

@Rowan I hope your hand heals swiftly & you can maneuver your house stuff with it. I agree with @BryWisteria, definitely some shielding & cleansing breaths. You will get through it. I hope you find some time to enjoy the time with your son.

5 Likes

Not sure what I’m planning for the new moon and solar eclipse as yet, I’m going to sit and muse on that over the next couple of days.

At the moment my priority is self care. As I mentioned elsewhere, I stopped taking my antidepressants nearly a week ago and I’m having some withdrawal so I’m trying to reduce my anxiety.

I bought a couple of succulents from a stall at a house round the corner a couple of days ago, and had a time out creating a terrarium today. I’ve added a shell to represent water, metal feather to represent air and tiger’s eye to represent fire. Of course the plants and soil represent earth.

I’m thinking of it as a mini garden in my office to ground me when I’m stressed.

4 Likes

What a great idea! I’m sure it will help calm your anxieties too.

I don’t know what I have planned for the New Moon, Solar Eclipse, the upcoming Sabbat… or the rest of today for that matter. I did go through my BOS binders & remove things that I don’t use in my practice. I’m still deciding on a couple of things.

I have also decided that I am going to find out more about the Goddess Artemis. She helped me over the last month with spells & rituals so I figure I should know a little more about her & have a meditation I can do to sit with her. Primarily I’m working with Brigid & learning more about her as I go along. I have all of the information on her in my BOS from when I first started learning about her & I am reading a book about her for the next book club.

5 Likes

Hope your fingers heal up, that sounds terrible. Sorry, you’re having a difficult time at home. Just think of her pushing your buttons and instead of getting a rise out of you, going to the basement. Or something like that. Don’t let her rile you up.

@Jeannie1, sorry your puppers tried to take off with you. Glad you’re okay!

Thank you, darling! Hope you’re having a good week too! Up to anything special?

Lovely terrarium @IrisW! Hopefully, it will help you keep your zen on at work.

Good luck with your research @Susurrus! It sounds as if it will be interesting!

7 Likes

@Rowan I hope your hand heals quickly and you feel better soon :heart: burns are horrible aren’t they :heart:

@Jeannie1 my friends dog did that to me a couple of summers ago and it took the wind right out of me :dash: I hope you’re ok :heart:

@IrisW that is the sweetest little garden I ever did see :heart_eyes: I hope it helps bring you peace :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you @Liisa I appreciate the well wishes.
Blessed Be,

6 Likes

Your succulents and the display is beautiful, Iris! :sparkles: Sometimes caring for another living being can be a form of self-care for ourselves :herb::heart: May your new friends bring you cheer and encouragement when you are feeling down! :pray:

Sometimes life is lived moment to moment- and that’s okay! :blush: I hope you had a wonderful rest of the day and are doing well, Siofra! The Goddess Artemis sounds like a lovely deity to learn about. May you enjoy your time connecting with Her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks Ameythst, you’re very kind for asking! :blush: Aside from a few extra projects at work, it’s same old, same old here this week :sweat_smile: But the sun is shining and it’s a lovely day- so we’ll see what we can get up to around here! :laughing:

How are you doing? Hope all is well there! :heart:

4 Likes