Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 29 šŸ¦‹

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sparkles:

Hereā€™s a peek at whatā€™s in store for this week.

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :handshake:] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, April 1st - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :coffee:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this weekā€™s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a question on your mind? The lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum.

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, April 2nd . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in a previous weekā€™s post .

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Sunday, April 4th .

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life.

For more information about Moon Magick and specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter and the Waning Moon Magick Guide. :last_quarter_moon:

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: *Strength of the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

This challenge will close Tuesday, March 30th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge- Strength of the Full Moon :full_moon_with_face:

[ [ Divination Discussion :crystal_ball: ] ]

Ready to put your divination skills to the test? Hoping for feedback on your readings?

Join in for this weekā€™s Divination Discussion to gain new insights and experience different methods of divination :mag:

Ready to put your skills to the test? You can divine here: Divination Discussion :thought_balloon: Trusting Yourself

Be sure to get your entry in by the deadline: Wednesday, March 31st !

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@dave, @stephanie29, @lynn1, @natalie7, @jennifer45, @lorie, @devrae, @leanne2, @Beechwood_Moon, @claudia1, @Robb, @amy21, @kayla10, @Taliya, @jasmin2, @chelle, @tracy10, @bridgette, @zeena, @michael5, @sarah28, @hanah, @fidelis, @britny, @heather27, @chelsea10, @RitaKay, @emily20, @sandrini, @angel5, @natalia1, @elisa3, @ryanne, @danielle16, @sabrina5, @kimberly31, @tessa5, @sarah29, @nick1, @cristina2, @tonia, @judith4, @samantha26, @kewana, @nichole3, @shannon10, @deb1, @amy22, @christina10, @WoodSprite, @cheryl5, @judith5, @catherine5, @christine10, @amanda33, @casey5, @donna5, @lisa31, @ebony3, @vonavia, @Secrette, @autumn6, @tammy9, @rhydian, @brandy3, @heather28, @avery, @janna, @jessica49, @jorgelina, @shauna1, @daniel5, @kelsea, @christina11, @jessica50, @jacqueline3, @stephanie30, @harry, @akeesha, @ruby2, @jennifer46

If you havenā€™t done so already, feel free to go to Introductions and create your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Congrats to @Basil for writing the most posts over the past week :writing_hand: You have a very creative mind and so much knowledge to share! :blush:

• Bravo to @Rowan for giving the most likes over the last seven days :heart: Your warm heart and endless kindness are very welcome here! :raised_hands:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Tired from Moon Magick or excited for more? What plans are coming your way this week- magick or mundane?

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share whatā€™s on your mind in the comments below!

May the coming days be full of springtime cheer and the warm joys of a bountiful earth!

Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Good morning. I am having a rough start to the week. My daughter & I woke up late so she missed the bus & I had to bring her to school before I had my coffee. :sleeping: I was 3 hours late taking my medication so Iā€™m kind of blah & my hips & back donā€™t want to get out of bed yet. I did manage to get my candles on my altar for the day though & I moved my Rose of Jericho into indirect sunlight.

My son has his driverā€™s test today & I know he is really nervous about going through that, Iā€™m hoping that he gets it today. Heā€™s been overthinking it for a few days now. He knows all the things he needs to, he just thinks itā€™s harder than it is. I guess we all go through that when itā€™s the driverā€™s test because you donā€™t know until you go through it.

I missed one of my OT appointments today but I just couldnā€™t get myself to go after oversleeping & not taking my medicine. I donā€™t do well with a rushed morning. Any other part of the day can be rushed, but my mornings are just about sacred. :rofl:

Iā€™m going to do a meditation before we go to the RMV for the road test. I need to be calm as well or he will know that I am nervous for him & get discombobulated himself. I hope everyone has a great week! I will pop back in a little later & see how everyone is doing.

5 Likes

Merry Meet Monday! @Susurrus I hope your day slows down a bit for you, I donā€™t do well with rushed mornings, eitherā€¦or afternoons and evenings. :laughing:
Thank you @BryWisteria for the shout-out :grin:
Today for me is just an average day, no plans just the usual things chores and cooking. I have to work on my drawing for our Infinite Roots and I downloaded a new book last night on audible I think Iā€™ll give that a try, although Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m going to like ā€œlisteningā€ to a bookā€¦:nerd_face:
Blessed Be Witches

5 Likes

@Rowan Iā€™m so sorry! Congratulations on the shout-out for the most love! :partying_face: :heart: & Congratulations to @basil for the most posts! Great job to both of you!

Iā€™m currently getting ready to leave with my son for his driverā€™s test. Once I got through my 2nd cup of coffee things seemed a little less rushed & I put the Rose of Jericho on my kitchen counter by the window so it gets some indirect sunlight. I know it likes the shade, but it needs some sun to turn green & really thrive.

7 Likes

Sending energy your way! :zap: And good luck to your son ā€“ Iā€™m cheering him on! :four_leaf_clover: I 100% understand the overthinking it ā€“ the one question I missed on the written portion was because I overthought it and put what I thought the answer SHOULD be, not what the law actually says >.< haha

On the bright side, I missed it for a super stupid reason. The question was about who in the car needed to be wearing their seatbelt when the driver was a certain age (thanks, graduated driverā€™s license system for making things more complicated!), and I said that EVERYONE should be strapped in (the actual word on the test, which was also misleading!), but the answer was that only the front seat passengers were required (again, the word should, not required was used on the test) to be strapped in :roll_eyes: Such a stupid question to mark people wrong for. lol

7 Likes

I am FIRED FULL of moon energy! Now to try and capitalize on that instead of sliding back into a slumpā€¦trying to be a bit more focused lately (trying is the operative word) as I tend to want to learn about everything all at once and then feel I never know anything.
This week Iā€™ve got a lot of yoga any intention is to find other things during the day that are also serving my greater good.
Blessed be my coven

5 Likes

Definitely let me know how things went!!!

5 Likes

My son got his license on his first try! The examiner said he had never had someone so nervous before, but he did great! Iā€™m elated right now. Thank you @Jewitch & @AliceInWonderdab & everyone wishing him well.

Now I need to find something to do for gratitude. I did a meditation in the car while I was waiting for him. I have all of this good energy now after a rocky start this morning.

7 Likes

Yay!!! WOOT WOOT Ty!!! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Turned my day right around @Tamera, I am so happy for him. I am going to do a gratitude spell. Today has been great. I did a meditation in the car while he was taking his test & when I finished, he was finished also!

4 Likes

Yay! Congrats to @Basil and @Rowan! Good job on keeping this place going!

@Susurrus I hope your son does well today! Iā€™ll be thinking of him. Hope you feel better too. Once your morning is messed up the whole day just gets awful. Good luck! OOh, I see he passed! Thatā€™s great! Congratulations!

5 Likes

@Amethyst
Been busy promoting the site, done nothing but chatting, all day, to this 75 year old lovely woman that never heard of Spells8 :blush:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great! We can use some Crone energies in here!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
She makes me crack with old English lines.
After all these years living & learning in UK!

4 Likes

Hey Iā€™d lived for about twenty-five years in WV before I learned some of the slang. Still not too sure about some of it. You learn something new each day!

4 Likes

@Amethyst
Sure you do, you live and learn.:revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

@Amethyst
In Spain there was once this man who run the Royal Academy of Spanish Language.
He said that ā€œTACOSā€ or swearing is what makes languages to evolve.
In a worl of ā€œStiff upper Lipsā€, we are missing the richness of the low words that give form to our vocabulary.
Yet, thereā€™s a time and a place for those.
Play with them, use them as often as you like. Just be aware of who you are talking too.:wink:

4 Likes

Heh. I donā€™t do good with talking much. Half the time I donā€™t know what to say. I guess I save my talking for the written word.

5 Likes

@Amethyst
Donā€™t say anything then.
We should all practice listening more often.:smiley:
And not just people!
You are wise & oldšŸ™

5 Likes

Congrats to your son on his successful road test, @Susurrus! Super exciting! :partying_face:

You are very welcome, @Rowan- thank YOU for being so awesome! :heart:

Ohhh I know the feeling @Jewitch- some of the questions on the test are awful! Like they are designed to make people fail :woman_shrugging: I think itā€™s really impressive that there was only one question that gave you a tough time- the written tests are very tricky, so you must be very smart! :clap: :blush:

That is awesome @AliceInWonderdab - enjoy that full moon energy :full_moon_with_face: I hope you have a great time with yoga and your magickal practice this week. Blessed be! :sparkles:

Hope everyoneā€™s week is off to a great start! :raised_hands:

6 Likes