Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! March 29 🦋

Thursday is both National Atheist Day (World Atheist Day is in March) and Maundy Thursday in the US. :thinking: It’s slightly entertaining and I can’t wait to see the social media posts on that day. :sweat_smile: Sunday is Easter for western forms of Christianity.

Fun fact: eggs are used during Easter because of the early Christian embrace of eggs (and seeds) as being symbols of rebirth. 1 Clement even references the Phoenix as another symbol of rebirth or the afterlife. As pointed out during Samhain, the evolution of many “pagan” faiths and Christianity happened in relation and in reaction to each other. These beliefs weren’t created in a vacuum.

I have a four day weekend starting Thursday. I am looking forward to a peaceful time with coffee to celebrate the Group Ritual. One doctor appointment this week and some work on the shower round out my plans.

Wishing you all the best this week.

5 Likes

Fascinating to hear about the ties between Easter eggs and pagan beliefs- always love to learn about these interconnections! :egg: :blush:

Hope you enjoy your four-day weekend, @praecog29 . I know you mentioned you’ve been working hard lately- time for a much-needed rest! Love and Light to you :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.