Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! May 17 🌿

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :herb:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase on Wednesday, May 19th.

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following about this special moon phase:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second natures are developing.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? The Waxing Moon Spell Page has a lot of information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this moon phase :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, May 20th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance? Now is your chance to find some answers, as the lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 21th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post .

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar and the list of Magical Days for Your Planner :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Into the Light :white_heart:

This challenge will close Tuesday, May 18th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge- Into the Light :white_heart:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club VII (May 14 - June 11)

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, June 11th!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading!

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@yolanda2, @nancie, @sarahjane, @brittany24, @sabrina6, @manju, @claressa, @michael8, @kristina7, @kenia, @frances1, @carolyn4, @tammy11, @Celi_bel, @THCLEMONADE, @katie12, @benjamin1, @samantha30, @mercedes1, @nesserinne, @james8, @nicole27, @samantha31, @chasity1, @sierra7, @terriyaka, @amy26, @maika, @diane1, @courtney8, @jennifer53, @andreal, @dana3, @GoodyB, @sasha2, @kimberly34, @april19, @robin5, @andrea24, @michelle24, @maria13, @nancy, @kyra2, @michele4, @nicola3, @ashley29, @wendy12, @cheyenne2, @viviana, @margurette, @annie2, @krisha, @SharonD, @vanessa7, @andrea25, @Sumflowerzz, @whitney2, @alison3

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :writing_hand: You are a fountain of wisdom and are so generous to share your knowledge- many thanks to you! :raised_hands:

• Lots of love back to @Susurrus for giving the most hearts in the forum over the last seven days :heart: Your kindness shines brightly- thanks for making coven members old and new alike feel welcome here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Looking ahead at the coming days- what excitement, magickal or mundane, is headed your way this week? :grin:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May your magick burn brightly, manifesting with magnificence all that you desire

Blessed be! :herb::heart:

12 Likes

Merry Meet Monday,:grin:
I don’t have much planned this week. I rearranged my kitchen yesterday to add in a great shelf that I got for Mother’s day, which I’m loving the energy it brings to the room, especially with my aloe plant on it.

Speaking of Mother’s Day gifts…I also got this beauty that I have to find a wall for…

I got some dividers for my Book of Mirrors, so that will be on my to do list this week as well as some moon magic. Crafting time this week will be second staining of my staff, and wood burning rune symbols and Witches runes into it. I also have this rolling pin that my grandfather made for my grandma that is peaking my attention to stain and engrave also…lol. That’s it in the pic with the shelf.
Hope everyone has a beautiful Monday and positive vibes for the rest of the week.

Blessed Be

9 Likes

Those are beautiful gifts @Rowan :heart_eyes:

Congratulations on the shout outs @Susurrus and @christina4 :heart_eyes: well deserved :heart:

Iv had strange couple of days, my internet is being funky, I lost my bank card and my daughter broke her phone by accident bless her :heart: but I am still flying high from my self love rituals this week so I’m no letting it stress me too much, my bankcard can be replaced, the phone has insurance and I’m changing internet providers :grin:

Welcome to everyone who is new and I hope everyone has an amazing week :heart:

6 Likes

Awesome outlook! Continue those self love rituals! Everyone should do them! :heart:

I talk to myself about things too once I have done everything that I can do, I have to learn to let go & let the day happen. I find it’s a better day when I can let go after I have done all that I can.

Thank you very much & congratulations to @christina4 also!

6 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @Susurrus for being the wonderful people you are! Yay to you! LOL.

Love your Mother’s Day Gifts @Rowan! That skull especially! How very unique!

You’re good at being calm @Liisa! Hope everything gets fixed for you! I’m about to go off on rage if I don’t get a cellphone by the end of this week so you’re doing better than I am!

I’m home from the skin doctor! I have to go back in three months but that’s not bad. He checked out the sore on the back of my thigh so it’s one more person who has seen my butt this month. Joy. But he says it’s looking good and to keep up what I’m doing so that’s good. I just have the foot doctor to go and that’ll be all for this week! Yay!

Other than that, I’ve not got much planned for the week. Looking forward to tea on Thursday, as usual. Hope everyone is having a good week! And congrats again to @christina4 and @Susurrus!

6 Likes

Loving the new shelf and deer skull decorations, @Rowan- you really enjoyed the royal treatment this Mother’s Day! :grin::heart: I hope your new treasures continue to bring joy to your space and you have a wonderful time crafting this week :sparkles: Wishing the same to you- positive vibes for the week ahead! :raised_hands:

Oh yikes, @Liisa! :astonished: What a week you have had already- thank goodness your self care is keeping you feeling good! I hope your inner positive energy washes over the challenges this week and that the days ahead will be much more calm for you and your daughter :+1: :heartpulse: Same to you- have a blessed week!

I’m with you on that one, @Susurrus- it’s always a good time for some self care magick! :sparkles::grin: Hope your week is off to a good start!

Your posts always make me laugh, @Amethyst :joy: Glad to hear you got the a-okay from the skin doctor! Luckily the visit to the foot doctor won’t be quite as invasive (I hope!). Good luck with your phone- fingers crossed that will resolve ASAP for you! :crossed_fingers: I’m looking forward to tea with you as well on Thursday :blush::tea: Blessed be!

It’s vaccine week for us here! I’m excited and nervous all at once- less about the shot and more about the epic cross-country adventure my partner and I need to embark on to get to our scheduled vaccine center :train2: :astonished:

Wednesday and Thursday are going to be rather chaotic, but I’ll planning to still be popping on here to check that everyone is doing okay :blush: Looking forward to Thursday tea!

Hope everyone has a lovely week- Blessed be! :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria! Yesterday wasn’t bad, I took the morning slow & then just went to pick up dinner. We had a family game of Clue again last night. That was fun, it’s fun to play the board games with the family when everyone is settled in for the night.

Good luck with the shot! I’m sorry that you have to trek cross country to get it though.

Have a great week!

6 Likes

I try to be funny about it, it’s either that or be self-conscious and that would be worse I think. I should have an easy time of it at the foot doctor, and I hope I get my phone tomorrow. Sorry, you have to trek through the wilderness for your jabs, but I’m glad you’re getting them. Hope you feel okay afterward. Blessed be!

4 Likes

Thanks so much, @Susurrus! I’ve got my fingers crossed it’ll all go well. And cheers to that- board game nights are blast! It sounds like you all had a great time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Not sure how the weather is over there, but it’s definitely prime weather for board game nights here :cloud_with_rain: Wishing the same to you- have a good one! :heart:

I think you simply have a talent for making people smile, @Amethyst! :grin: Your warmth and good intentions carry through in your posts :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve got my fingers crossed for you at the foot doctor and with getting your phone- may it all go well! :pray: And thanks so much- I’m hoping so too! Blessings back to you :blush::heartpulse:

3 Likes

@BryWisteria the weather during the day is GORGEOUS but game time has been a fun way to wind down at the end of the day. We did it 2 nights in a row. We are trying to teach my daughter that she has to hold her cards close & keep her sheet turned over because it’s like a detective secret game. She is just so happy to have cards she kind of tells everyone what they are when asked by the player. It’s funny & frustrating at the same time. Lol… mixed messages with kids… good times.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words! You’re making me blush! Foot doctor went well but I still have no phone. I think I should call them up and try to figure out what is going on, again.

3 Likes

When it comes to games, I think the most important thing is that it’s fun! :partying_face: And it sounds like your daughter is having a blast at game night, @Susurrus- even if she is still learning the rules :grin: Have you tried cooperative games yet? Something like Forbidden Island or Pandemic are games where everyone works together, so you don’t have to hide cards. She might enjoy a game like this! I hope you all keep on having fun :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hooray that the foot doctor visit went well, @Amethyst! :grin: Hmmm that seems like a plan. It’s never fun to call, but you’ve been waiting long enough! A Manifesting Wish spell like the Bay Leaf Wish Manifestation may help you finally get that phone :crossed_fingers: Good luck! :heart:

3 Likes

Lol… we are starting slow, but I will look into them! My kids never had an interest in board games before this year. So this is still new, we had to take away Monopoly because of the competitiveness that it caused between the siblings in the house. :rofl:

4 Likes

According to UPS, I should have my new phone tomorrow. I used some magic words on them. One that starts with an f, and the words money back. That lit a fire under them! They actually show it leaving the warehouse and in a UPS shipment this morning so I’m hoping. Thanks for your good wishes!

3 Likes

Monopoly is a game that destroys peace in the home- we don’t have it here either :joy: Good luck with your game nights and I hope you all continue to have fun playing together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sounds like the kind of spell that everyone understands well- witches or not! :joy: I’ve got my fingers crossed you won’t have to repeat it and your phone will arrive promptly :grin::+1: :package:

Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed weekend! :sparkles:

3 Likes

I hope you have a great weekend also! I’m not sure what our plans are for this weekend, but I think there’s a fire out in the back at least one of the days!

It’s kind of overcast today :cloud: & a little cooler. So I think I am going to take my time with the coffee. :coffee:

3 Likes

Thanks love! Hope you have a great weekend too!

3 Likes

Merry Meet, Infinite Roots. I am still here. :grinning: I took the afternoon catching up on all of the posts I have missed and it was wonderful. It reminds me why I love this coven - the people. Each of us is completely unique and brings our own set of life experiences to the table and we grow from that shared knowledge. I love you guys so much!

I will be doing a new Energy Exchange Circle tomorrow, May 22nd, for the group. Please update your requests. :slight_smile:

This week has been incredibly busy! :upside_down_face: I put in my notice at work, sold the house, and made plans to stay with my father for a couple weeks before I move elsewhere. IDK where I will end up but I want to be in Oregon, Washington (the State), Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, or Rhode Island. My :black_cat: will be moving with me on this adventure.

Two nights ago, in the midst of all this organized chaos, I stopped and planted myself on the ground. I looked up at My Lady and I said thank you. It was a perfect moment to reflect and just be. With summer kicking into high gear soon in the States, please take a moment to Just Be. The universe is so big and vast and it doesn’t need us to run it. Blessings to you, friends!

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking of you Ben, so I’m glad things are going okay for you. Sounds as if you’ve got a lot on your to-do list, done this week! Good for you! Good luck finding a home for you and your kitty!

4 Likes

@praecog29 hi! I miss you!

Everything will work out for you I’m sure of it. New England states are very nice in the upcoming summer months & you will definitely get a taste for all of the seasons.

I’m happy to see you back in the coven & I hope to talk to you soon! Love & Light! :star2: :heart: :infinite_roots:

4 Likes