Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Oct 11 🌓

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

[ [ Moon Phase: First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon: ] ]

Depending on your location, you will be blessed by the light of this moon phase Wednesday, October 13th .

The Moon Magick Guide to First Quarter Moon Magick on Spells8 says the following about this special moon phase:

The First Quarter Moon :first_quarter_moon:

This is an excellent time to take action regarding your deepest wishes and to address your biggest blockages. It is a great time for growth and self-healing . As a continuation of the previous phase, the energies present at this time can help you feel more lucid and aware of how your intuition and second nature are developing.

Waxing-Moon-Spells-Rituals

Looking for ideas for spells and rituals specific to the First Quarter Moon? Know that this special moon phase is part of the Waxing cycle .

Check out the Waxing Moon Spell Page for more information including history, meanings, and a collection of spells and rituals that work in harmony with this part of the moon cycle :first_quarter_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, October 14th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Art by Lost Caro: Tea Witch

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect. You can also view the recorded meditation here: Group Ritual Video: October 7th.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, October 15th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Peering into Past Lives :mag:

Spells8 Past Lives Witchy Challenge

This challenge will close Tuesday, October 12th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Peering into Past Lives :mag:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Picture from Pixabay

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021.

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XI (Oct 1 - Oct 29)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 29th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@daniel9, @Ca3in, @florence, @danielle21, @armando, @tiina1, @danielle22, @darshaniy, @brandy6, @cassandra4, @skyla, @priscilla3, @kerry5, @veronika, @Peridot, @becca, @theresa4, @denise4, @emily31, @denise5, @lina, @anna15, @samara, @cristian, @chris9, @Pink_Sunflower, @hunter1, @jessica70, @lisa37, @caroline6, @haylee, @ariejanae338, @alayna, @andrea34, @linda8, @tracie5, @daphney, @samantha47, @angelica2, @deanna9, @cynthia13, @aubri, @larissa1, @crystal28, @my1, @KA3NA, @roswitha, @julie20, @chastity, @mackenzie3, @tenaya, @aurora2, @rachel18, @chelsea15, @sylvia1, @sandy5, @audrey2, @jonathan3, @jessica71, @gina6, @amanda43, @gabrielle6, @charity1, @sofia7, @jakub, @dallas, @stephanie39, @fay, @anna16, @peyton, @amanda44, @heather39, @julia10

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Bravo to the @TheMuslimWitch for writing the most posts in the forum over the past week! :writing_hand: Many thanks for the insights and inspiration you share with the coven :two_hearts:

• Well done to @Rowan for sharing the most hearts in the forum, on a two-week streak! :heart: May all the warmth you give find its way back to you :hugs:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two-month rest period. Those who have earned the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- you’ve earned your spot in the forum hall of fame!

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

From Pixabay

The countdown is on- are you ready for Halloween and Samhain? :skull: Will you be working any First Quarter Moon Magick this week? :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :first_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Congratulations to @Rowan and @TheMuslimWitch :tada::revolving_hearts:

As for the first quarter moon, I will be doing this spell for self love:
https://spells8.com/amber-love-spell-mojo-bag/ and this one:
https://spells8.com/sugar-jar-love-spell/
It’s very much needed. And I may create some bath salts with creating my own spell/ritual/chant.

By the way, besides burning herbs, what can I use charcoal tabs for?

14 Likes

Congratulations to @TheMuslimWitch & @Rowan! Great job ladies!

@christina4 I believe the charcoal discs are pretty much only used for herbs, incense, resin, powders… I could be wrong but when I was looking them up that’s about all the information I could find for their uses.

10 Likes

Ok thanks :blush:

9 Likes

Yay for @TheMuslimWitch and @Rowan! You ladies rock!

@christina4 a lot of people use charcoal tabs for making black salt.

I don’t think I’ll be doing anything for this quarter moon unless something comes up. I’ll be taking the cat to the vet that day and that just drains me. I feel so guilty when I hear his pitiful meows coming from his crate but it’s for his own good that he gets checked out and gets his shots. Still, it’s tiring to drag him out to the vets and back and this is something Sally can’t help me with.

Especially since her daughter popped a false positive Covid test and we’re waiting for Sally’s test to come in to make sure she’s negative. I may not even be able to take the cat to the vet if she pops up positive, I’ll be quarantined. For right now, Sally’s not even working, so yeah, things are weird this week.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

12 Likes

@BryWisteria merry meet :slight_smile: and thanks for the mention and the information about this week.

@TheMuslimWitch and @Rowan congratulations :slight_smile:

Happy Monday to everyone :heart:

8 Likes

Merry Meet Monday Coven!

Thank you for the shoutout @BryWisteria and I am excited to be in the Hall of Fame!
Thank you also to @christina4 @Susurrus @Amethyst @Peridot :grinning:

My week is starting off with a bit of a grey cloud over my head, but I am positive the rest of the week with turn around and be good. I am not sure what I will do for the quarter moon as of yet, maybe just a meditation to clear some cobwebs out of my mind…or should I leave them for the holiday… :wink:
I managed to get my living room moved around over the weekend ( You’re welcome house spirit) burned two Palo incense before and after it was done and I cleaned my patio too, put out some new shiny things for the fae/brownies. So maybe things will stop disappearing.
This week I am working on some leftover Lessons on here, reading my book for group, and trying to keep to my self promise of journaling. I got the witches ladder I am making for my daughter’s room almost finished yesterday just one more strand and add feathers and beads.
I hope everyone has a great week.
Blessed Be,

9 Likes

This is what I need to do badly, been focusing on many spells surrounding releasing, banishing, cutting, and justice for months, that I have not cast any abundance, luck, or love spells for months too. I’m totally lopsided, and out of balance. I’m really looking forward to this! Do have an idea of a spell to cast from Spells8, it caught my attention during the waning phase, but it was the wrong phase, and of course I forgot about it, but now this totally reminded me, and importantly definitely want to go along with what will be prescribed the for the upcoming merry meet!

Congratulations to TheMuslimWitch and Rowan!! :grin:

6 Likes

I’m sorry your week isn’t starting out well. Maybe that’s what you could meditate on, increasing your luck! I hope the house spirits have been appeased by your cleaning and you’ll start to find things!

This is a good time of year to get balanced. Good luck with your spells!

6 Likes

Thank you!! :sparkles: :crossed_fingers: :sparkles: :crossed_fingers: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I’m completely off balance too! Different reasons, but I know the feelings that come with it. I’m making my way to center though. Just taking the scenic view at the moment.

I hope you are successful with your upcoming workings!

7 Likes

Thank you @BryWisteria @Susurrus @Amethyst @Eliza_01 @Rowan @Peridot :heartpulse:

8 Likes

A lovely collection of spells for the First Quarter Moon, @Christina4- wishing you very blessed spellwork this week! :first_quarter_moon: :two_hearts:

Awww- I hope Sally is okay and in the clear with the test, and wishing good luck to both you and Max at the vet, @Amethyst! :pray: It sounds like this week started on a stressful note- I hope things calm down and the week turns into a really good one for you. Be well! :heart:

A very warm welcome to you, @Peridot- I’m glad you found the information useful! Wishing you a very blessed week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’re welcome for the shout-out, @Rowan- two weeks in a row, it’s very well deserved! Thanks for all that you do! :partying_face: :heart: I hope things continue to improve for you and that you the Fae enjoy their new shinies :sparkles: Good luck with your lessons, reading, and journaling! Blessed be!

The first step towards balancing is realizing things are a bit out of whack, @Eliza_01- you’ve opened the road towards finding peace and harmony again :blush::balance_scale: Wishing you all the best with your spellwork this week! :sparkles:

Hoping you can find your balance and harmony again too, @Susurrus- although sometimes taking a moment to take in the view really helps to bring things into focus and regain clarity. Good for you! Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

You’re very welcome, @TheMuslimWitch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Sally was negative so she was back yesterday! Horray! Now I’ve just got to get a scared cat to the vet tomorrow. Not fun. He’s seventeen pounds so, yeah, it’ll be fun hauling him. Luckily I have my rollator so I can put him on that and go. Thanks for the good wishes!

5 Likes

That’s great news, @Amethyst- I’m glad Sally’s back! :partying_face: Wishing you all the best of luck at the vet, it sounds like you’ve got yourself a plan to get him in and out with minimal stress :+1: May it be a quick and painless visit! :pray::cat: :heart:

4 Likes

We made it! And they were really happy, Max has lost a pound. But man he was meowing pitifully in the car. Poor thing doesn’t like going and I don’t blame him. That’s over for another year, thank goodness.

Thanks for the good wishes!

3 Likes

Glad the check-up went well and that you’re both home safe and sound after a successful trip, @Amethyst! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please give Max some snuggles or a scratch under the chin from me- he was a good boy! :cat: And I’m sure he’ll forget all about being cranky over the visit before you know it haha :grin:

3 Likes

He got over being sulky real quick. I gave him a snuggle from you. I’m real proud of him.

4 Likes

Awe @Amethyst he reminds me of my pup. He throws up in the car when we go places. He’s going to hate me this weekend when we go for a 3 hour drive! Dramamine helps him a lot. I need to try a more natural remedy.

4 Likes

@NoName have you ever seen these? They really help with animals that get car sick or have anxiety in the car.

4 Likes