Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Oct 4 🎩

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :tophat:

Here’s a peek at exciting happenings in both the forum and the witchy world at large this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Wednesday, October 6th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick speicifc to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, October 7th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Art by Kissa Marana

• The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• If you’d like, there is a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to do the ritual as a group as well as meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, October 8th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: History of Magick :books:

History of Magick Spells8 Challenge

This challenge will close Tuesday, October 5th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - History of Magick :books:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Picture from Pixabay

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021.

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club has now begun!

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club XI (Oct 1 - Oct 29)

Spells8 Book Club

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, October 29th .

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@ladonna1, @brittany30, @melissa22, @tra_shaun, @isabel3, @krishna, @sarah38, @AlwaysBackToOne, @emily30, @jay8, @joseph6, @kristen9, @amy38, @tenia, @brylen, @edyta, @tiffany22, @darlene3, @cortney1, @joanna5, @stevie, @kyana, @maureen, @kelly16, @danielle19, @derrick, @monique5, @michelle33, @mikayla, @heathermigliore88, @kyoko, @marianne1, @deeanna, @majenica, @ina1, @catherine6, @marc1, @kayla17, @tereasa, @angel10, @heather38, @marjorie1, @haeleigh, @amanda42, @anastasia5, @gloria, @Raven_Lo777, @Lovelace_7, @ned, @juliette1, @chloe8, @luna4, @SunshineLee, @zoe5, @erykah2, @sharon16, @shirlene2, @vanessa12, @jacob4, @gowtham, @danielle20, @morgan10, @megan17, @christina23, @amie2, @dawn13, @carlie1, @abigail7, @sarah39, @silvia, @deanna8, @mary29, @glenna, @kylie4, @ronald, @charlotte7

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Many thanks to @Temujin_Calidius for writing the most posts in the forum over the last week! :writing_hand: Your wisdom and insights are a blessing :sparkles:

• Lots of love back to @Rowan for giving out the most hearts over the past seven days! :heart: Your kindness and generosity are much appreciated :hugs:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two-month rest period. Those who have earned the MMM badge 5 times will no longer be counted- you’ve earned your spot in the forum hall of fame!

And of course, wishing a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:.

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

From Pixabay

Any New Moon Magick planned for this week? :new_moon: Is your October off to a good start? :jack_o_lantern:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below!

Blessed be! :tophat::sparkles:

16 Likes

The zoom chats always sound like a great way to meet others… Is there a way to watch it later on?

9 Likes

Many congratulations to @Temujin_Calidius and @Rowan for supporting the coven. You’re doing a great job y’all!

I had a lovely weekend! All but one ulcer is healed up on my legs and it’s getting smaller. Sally made me homemade chili last week to put some up in the freezer and this week we’re going to make a big pot of veggie soup to do the same. It was sunny and not too hot and just lovely outside. Even the cat was cuddlier!

It’s supposed to be rainy this week but that doesn’t bother me, it’s nice reading weather. Then again any weather is good reading weather for me! LOL

I hope you all are having a good week too!

10 Likes

Congratulations to @Rowan and @temujin_calidius for the generous work!!

:thinking: Hmm, Mad Hatter Day :tophat: I might just have to do something that day!!! Let’s see!

I have been so overwhelmed lately that I fall asleep sitting up. My mind is on overdrive and taking on energy vamps enormously :pensive:

I’m scared to talk about my health because it’s deteriorating. I’m scared! I have been meditating most of my time :woman_in_lotus_position:t3: and that’s where I wanna be, in my meditations, visualizing sweet beautiful nature and chocolate :chocolate_bar: it’s my go-to for self love :sparkles:🪄:sparkles:

I hope everyone has a beautiful, blessed week! :hugs: 🫂 Hugs for all oOo :sparkles:🪄:sparkles:

12 Likes

Congrats to @Temujin_Calidius and @Rowan for your generous contributions! @Amethyst ~ so glad you’re healing well! @christina4 ~ sending healing light your way! Blessings for a wonderful week, everyone!! :heart:

12 Likes

Tomorrow, I’ll decorate my altar for Samhain. I bought some black and purple roses to put in a vase, black garland with orange lights, a small Jack-O-Lantern, and a small dragon skull.

I’m also working on my first Draconic Protection Jar Spell. I’ll post it in the forum, once it’s done. I have a quick question: how much time should pass before I dispose of the contents in the jar? One lunar cycle, maybe?

12 Likes

I’m so sorry your health isn’t getting better @christina4, is there anything I can do to help? Other than pray and send you good energy?

9 Likes

Yes, @TheMuslimWitch! :+1: @MeganB records the meditation part of the Zoom meet to share later. You can check out the recording of last week’s Zoom meditation here :blush:

Sounds like you’ve had a great start to October, @Amethyst- that’s awesome! Congrats on the healing leg and the tasty treats Sally is cooking up for you- sounds delicious :yum::bowl_with_spoon: Enjoy your reading and have a lovely week!

It sounds like an exhausting time for you @Christina4- hang in there! :pray: Keep up the self-love work, de-stressing meditations, and know the the forum is always here if you want to talk with people who care about you. Stay strong- I hope any worries and stress weighing you down leave you be soon :heart:

Blessings back to you, @BrightBear! :sun_with_face:

Lovely decorations for the season, @Kasandra! Looking forward to hearing about your protection jar spell as well :blush: As for the amount of time, there are different approaches you could take. One month can represent all phases of the moon and a complete cycle- I think that’s a good way to do it! You could also go by feeling- wait until you feel it’s energy has faded and it is time to be replaced. Good luck! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Thank you love!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You always have a way to make people feel good about themselves!!

11 Likes

Sometimes a little bit of light goes a long way to brighten up someone’s day when they are in need :candle::blush:. Hope you’re doing much better today, @Christina4! Big hugs to you :heart:

10 Likes

I am doing better. I’m working on a shadow self journal. It comes with prompts and I find it helpful. Its hard at time about like everything in life, the bad comes with the good. I’m managing. Thanks for the support :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you for the link :blush:

7 Likes

Have a good week too! You’ll need a vacation from your vacation after all.

Glad you’re doing better my dear!

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! 🫂
I’m not completely there yet but in on my way!!

7 Likes

So currently, I am recording the ritual part of the Zoom chat but nothing else. This is mainly for privacy reasons and so others are comfortable. I know many people don’t like the idea of being recorded, so I have chosen not to record the actual chats.

7 Likes

Makes sense and nice to know our privacy is protected :blush:

7 Likes

Glad you’re doing better. Shingles is not of the good.

5 Likes

Glad to hear you’re doing better @Christina4 :heart: A shadow journal is a great way to fend off the shadows and write your way into the light- I think it’s a great practice :raised_hands: Keep going strong, girl! :hugs:

You’re very welcome @TheMuslimWitch! :blush:

Hahaha a vacation from vacation? I like the sound of that, @Amethyst! :laughing: :+1:

6 Likes

Well, all that running around from site to site on your vacation is tiring. You need a rest after all that! LOL!

5 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me, Amethyst- I like the way you think! :laughing: :+1:

4 Likes