Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Sep 6 šŸ‚

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :fallen_leaf:

(Apologies this is a bit late this week- the whole village was off and on wifi this morning! :sweat_smile:)

But without further ado, hereā€™s a peek at exciting happenings this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you donā€™t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) on Tuesday, September 7th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Spells

While many witches see the New Moon as a time of rest and reflection, others choose to cast magick speicifc to this phase of the moon cycle. You can learn more about the symbolism of the New Moon in Moon Magic: New Moon :new_moon:

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

Additionally, the New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your location as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, September 9th - this activity is open to all members of the forum :tea:

Picture by LanaJay_art on Instagram

This activity has two parts- you are welcome to join one or both!

• a group meditation ritual with step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day

• a scheduled hour-long Zoom chat to meet and greet fellow coven members

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last weekā€™s group ritual post to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your Spells8 account to enter the ritual.

Donā€™t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

Now is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot or oracle! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, September 10th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last weekā€™s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more about upcoming pagan occasions, you can check the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday Calendar, the list of Magical Days for Your Planner , and the Spells8 Email Newsletter.

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyoneā€™s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: Magick on the Go :map:

Spells8 Magick on the Go

This challenge will close Tuesday, September 7th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Magick on the Go :map:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps youā€™ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Energy Exchange
Picture from Pixabay

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the covenā€™s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki - 2021.

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! A reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session !

You can find more details and are welcome to submit your book in the current thread: :open_book: Spells8 Book Club X (Aug 27 - Sept 24)

080561e0058fc9e44c950135396f5e3cfb7ef2d8_2_775x514
Picture from Pixabay

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, September 24th.

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

New Coven Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@jennifer59, @elizabeth20, @marie11, @kelley2, @desi, @sonny, @ariana4, @amy34, @kristen7, @samantha41, @judybee4, @amy35, @amy36, @heather35, @kayla16, @tasha4, @monica5, @teresa4, @brandi7, @emily28, @alexus1, @samantha42, @angela28, @alea, @sam5, @helane, @dianna, @latrecia1, @ashleigh4, @brian2, @holly12, @NubianQueen, @adriana2, @carol, @victoria19, @erika4, @gayle, @kara5, @alex3, @emily29, @1113, @kimberly43, @bianca5, @LightasaFeather, @emma18, @nicole29, @yeo, @samantha43, @lucy1, @dawn12, @destiny4, @shaquita2, @lindsey5, @kristen8, @tiffany20, @barbara5, @jennifer60, @sydney5, @felicia3, @monica6

If you havenā€™t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

• Well done to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum, on a two-week streak :writing_hand: Many thanks for the wisdom and happiness you bring with your words :revolving_hearts:

• Much love back to @Susurrus for giving out the most hearts in the forum, on a three-week streak :heart: May all the love you share come back to you three-fold! :hugs:

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven :infinite_roots:!

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- thanks for being you! :sparkles:

Art by Alexandra Nemtsova: Autumn Witch

Enjoying the approach of autumn? :fallen_leaf: Doing anything for the New Moon? :new_moon:

Whether itā€™s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members: you can share in the comments below!

Blessed be! :new_moon: :fallen_leaf:

This thread will remain open for one week. It will be closed when next weekā€™s MMM post is released.

11 Likes

Congratulations to you @Susurrus youā€™re amazing, sharing the love :heart:

6 Likes

Thank you for the shout-out & congratulations to @christina4! Great job!

Peanut starts school this week, I believe on Wednesday. So today she will be putting her room back together & going through clothes. She has to wear somewhat of a uniform to school now for the next 2 years.

I have some things to catch up on this week, but itā€™s turning out to not be as bad as I thought it would be.

I hope everyone has a great week!

6 Likes

Congratulations to @christina4 and @Susurrus for sharing their abilities with the coven this week, despite personal difficulties. You rock, ladies!

For the new moon Iā€™ve got a new doctor Iā€™m seeing over Zoom or whatever chat program on her phone. Facetime, whatever. Turns out the infection in my leg canā€™t be taken down by regular antibiotics so Iā€™ll be getting IV antibiotics, be it at home or at the hospital. I figure itā€™ll be at home, they had a festival this weekend in my town and it spread Covid something terrible. Glad I didnā€™t go.

I have no idea what to do for the New Moon, Iā€™d like to do something though. Maybe Iā€™ll just light a candle, if itā€™s cool enough. I havenā€™t been doing much candle magic since itā€™s gotten hot because either the fan or the AC messes with the flame and blows it out. Sounds good to me.

Hope you all are having a good week!

8 Likes

Iā€™m so happy that you didnā€™t go to the festival either!!! And the fans mess with my flames too but I light mine in the am when itā€™s still cool outā€¦sometimes.
Good luck with the IV!!!

8 Likes

Thanks love! I just hope I can do it myself.

8 Likes

Donā€™t they have to teach you or set it up first?? I canā€™t see you doing it by yourself :worried:

8 Likes

Yeah, theyā€™ll probably teach me. I just worry about doing it myself. Itā€™s like taking your own blood pressure, difficult to do. At least I hope I can do it by myself. I hope I donā€™t have to have a pic line or something like that inserted. Weā€™ll see.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s difficult!!! I have experience but itā€™s still eh!!! I donā€™t like it.

7 Likes

@christina4 @Susurrus congrats ladies

7 Likes

Thanks love :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Wishing your Peanut a happy back-to-school, @Susurrus! May you both have a lovely week :blush:

Hopefully the New Moon opens up a fresh new path to recovery for you, @Amethyst. If no spells jump out at you, the New Moon is always a great time for rest and reflection. Take it easy! Good luck with the IV :pray::heart:

Hope everyoneā€™s week is off to a great start so far :infinite_roots: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Happy to be a part of the community and coven . Looking forward to making another group meet. The universe will make it fit for my schedule .

6 Likes

Thank you my dear!

3 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out whatā€™s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.