Merry Meet Monday - Forums News! May 10 🌞

Wishing everyone a very Merry Meet Monday ! :sun_with_face:

Here’s a peek at forum happenings this week.

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these events!

[ [ Moon Phase: New Moon :new_moon: ] ]

We will be blessed by the presence of the New Moon (sometimes called the Dark Moon) tomorrow Tuesday, May 10th - although the exact time will vary according to your location.

New-Moon-Ritual-Ideas

The New Moon Spells and Rituals Page has more information and a list of recommended spells for this special time :new_moon:

You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Group Ritual- Together with the Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual and tea meditation on Thursday, May 13th - this activity is open to all members of the forum! :tea:

Group meditation rituals and conversations are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect, and look for an announcement on the main page of the forum for details about this week’s group ritual :hugs:

[ [ Freebie Friday :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance? Now is your chance to find some answers, as the lovely @MeganB is kindly offering free readings for coven members via tarot or pendulum! :crystal_ball:

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, May 14th . You can find more information and get an idea about what to expect in last week’s post .

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

Some other non-witchy but interesting (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week:

Look ahead at more upcoming events in the Spells8 2021 Pagan Holiday and Wiccan Calendar :spiral_calendar:

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These are current activities that can be joined any time before their deadlines

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, a challenge is presented to all members of the forum to explore new areas of magick and bring out the best of everyone’s diverse talents.

The theme for this week is: From the Shadows :black_heart:

This challenge will close Tuesday, May 11th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone)

After this time a Props and Presents post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift: And as always, a brand new challenge will arrive on Wednesday for all challenge enthusiasts.

Are you ready? Join in the challenge here: Weekly Witchy Challenge - From the Shadows :black_heart:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

The Energy Exchange Circle is run by the warmhearted @praecog29 and is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Circle 2021 Wiki .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

New Members :wave:

A very warm welcome and merry meet to all of the new members who have joined the forum over the past week:

@noathamsanqa, @zen, @anastasiya, @jonathan2, @lisa33, @tanya8, @madeline2, @jennifer50, @christian1, @aly, @adrienne1, @francesca, @jennifer51, @beatrice, @eliza, @kelvin, @katie10, @katie11, @heather30, @morgan8, @kelli3, @margaret2, @travis, @macayla, @Katy_Mysticsens, @toader, @celeste1, @trevor, @judy4, @alaina1, @mio, @louise, @melissa13, @Watchingshadows53, @kellee, @samantha29, @tami1, @joahna, @xanielle, @tabitha1, @ECHO_1, @kay, @leah5, @megan13, @jessica53, @ramone, @monica4, @shannon11, @cynthia9, @taylor16, @kara15, @amanda38, @daniel6, @richard5, @StephiJo_Witchn, @penelope1, @johanna1, @jennifer52, @azzurra

If you haven’t done so already, please go to Introductions and say hello to your new coven by creating your first post. Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout Outs :mega:

• Bravo to @Christina4 for sharing the most posts in the forum over the last seven days! :writing_hand: You are a fountain of wisdom and bring such positivity with your affirmations- thanks for all that you do :sparkling_heart:

• Hooray to @Amethyst for giving the most hearts in the forum, on a four-week streak! :heart: A little love goes a long way, and you have shared so much kindness with the forum- three cheers to you for being so awesome :raised_hands:

After a four-week streak at the top of the likes pedestal, @Amethyst will receive a special title and badge for their wonderful contributions to the forums- woohoo! :confetti_ball::two_hearts:

Note : The likes and posts of those who have won the MMM badge will be counted towards the weekly tally again after a two month rest period.

And of course a very hearty thank you to all members of the Spells8 coven! Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world- you are all wonderful :sparkles:

Peering into the future- what excitement, magickal or mundane, is headed your way in the coming days? :sparkles:

Give a shout to your fellow coven members and share what’s on your mind in the comments below!

May the winds of May blow in prosperity as the springtime sun shines joyfully on you and all those you hold dear

Blessed be! :sun_with_face: :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Yay @Amethyst :grin: you can do the four week streak!! I’m rooting for you!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sunflower:

7 Likes

Thank you for the special award @BryWisteria! I appreciate it! Y’all are gonna make me blush!

I think I did it! LOL. But thank you for the congratulations! That means a lot to me.

Hope you all are having a good Monday! I have an easy week this week with a check-up at the doctor and that’s it. It isn’t going to be fun, but it has to be done type of check-up. Yeah, groaner. But other than that, I have a good week planned. Reading mostly. I love to read and I want to finish the Spencer novel I’m on before I read the next book club selection this weekend.

Hope y’all are having a good one!

5 Likes

Happy Monday! I don’t have much going on this week. I have made a couple of phone calls & now I’m just enjoying my time with my pupper. We are watching tv in bed while drinking coffee. The only thing I really have going on this week is I get my 2nd Covid vaccine on Wednesday & I do have to remember to NOT drink coffee first thing in the morning. I have fasting bloodwork to do, that I have had since March 4(ish). Other than that, there are some things I would like to work in my space. It’s another dreary day here but I’m trying not to let that get to me. I had a good weekend & it’s a fresh start to the week.

5 Likes

Enjoy your time with puppers! Wednesday will come fast and I’m afraid for you facing the world without coffee. LOL. Good luck with the second jab, I hope it doesn’t make you too sick!

5 Likes

I just can’t wake up & not go to the coffee pot. It’s an autoresponse for me. :rofl: :coffee:

I hope that today clears up a little bit. It’s gray & dreary. We had rain last night. Doesn’t make me want to move any faster though. I have a couple of things that I want to get done today, but I am definitely taking my time doing them.

4 Likes

Congratulations @christina4 and @Amethyst on you shoutouts :tada::heart: I do always look forward to your posts :heart:

@Susurrus I hope the weather picks up a bit and I hope the 2nd shot is easy on you :heart: an all goes well at the doctor’s :heart:

I’ll just be busy moving house this week :blush: I’m so excited to have us all together :heart: it also fits right into Love a Tree Day because my favourite tree is in the garden of my new home, it’s an apple tree my grandad planted when they first moved in there 60 years ago :heart:

5 Likes

Oh awesome! Good luck & I hope you have a great day & get a lot done towards your move. We have 2 apple trees in our garden that were planted last year. I’m so happy that you have one & that it’s still in your new garden. :deciduous_tree:

4 Likes

What an exciting week ahead! I hope everyone has an amazing week!

Congratulations @christina4 and @Amethyst :smiley:

Welcome to all the new members!

Oh man - if there was ever a holiday for me, Eat What You Want Day is surely one! LOL

This week doesn’t seem to be too busy at the moment, but I know that usually changes by Tuesday afternoon. Either way, hoping to remain focused and productive at work. It’s been hard to get “in the zone” and stay in it lately. I’m also trying to be mindful and take care of myself this week since I’m due for my 2nd covid shot on Sunday (Darn, maybe I should rethink the Eat What I Want Holiday this week!), but looking forward to getting it over with.

I’ve also made a goal to get back on track with my Spells8 courses. I’ve neglected the ones I’ve enrolled in over the last few weeks and I’m missing it. So looking forward to continued learning.

4 Likes

I hope you get them done. Its cloudy and cool here too. But the sun is supposed to come out tomorrow so I’ll take it. At least it’s not snow.

Thank you so much @Liisa! That’s sweet of you. Good luck with the move!

Thank you @robin77! I appreciate it!

Good luck with your second shot on Sunday!

3 Likes

Enjoy your easy week, @Amethyst- good luck with the check-up! I hope you enjoy your Spencer novel as well :open_book: Have good one! :blush:

It sounds like a lovely time, @Susurrus! :relaxed: Wishing you the best of luck with your 2nd shot and your projects this week. Are you planning any more resin work? Enjoy! :sparkles:

Congrats on the big move, @Liisa! I’m so excited for you- and how wonderful that you are moving back to a place with such nice memories (and trees! :deciduous_tree: ) Good luck! :raised_hands:

Cheers to that, @robin77- although I’m guilty of celebrating Eat What You Want Day probably once or twice a week :joy: Wishing you a good and productive week- taking time to take care of yourself is a great plan! Good luck with that 2ns shot, and enjoy the courses if you have a chance to jump back into them :books::two_hearts:

I hope everyone’s week is off to a wonderful start! May everyone have a blessed New Moon :new_moon_with_face: :heart:

5 Likes

@BryWisteria I don’t know if I will do any resin this week. I haven’t done any since before my daughter was on April Vacation. I’ve been outside more & kind of puttering around the house. Yesterday I did one of @SilverBear’s meditations that had to do with chronic pain & redid my altar with a new altar cloth. My husband also had gotten me Cactus Amethyst & a Labradorite necklace for Mother’s Day. So I put them in their new homes too.

I will get back to resin, I have a few things that I have to make for a few people. So I will get them done & see what else I can come up with. :heart:

4 Likes

That sounds wonderful, @Susurrus- and wow, such lovely gifts for Mother’s Day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: I hope you enjoy your spellwork, resin work (if you feel the urge to jump back into it!), and that you will get some lovely springtime sunshine :sun: Enjoy!

3 Likes

Omg! I totally forgot to post a picture of my favourite tree for love a tree day :heart: here she is :grin:

5 Likes

Wow! What a pretty tree @Liisa! Do you know what type of tree she is? She’s very unusual looking.

4 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts: she is an apple tree, crab apple I think? Not :100: on that though? She makes cooking apples every year :blush: my Grandad planted her when they first move into the house :heart:

5 Likes

Very neat! Something to tell your grand kids about when the time comes.

4 Likes

Nothing but old news here! To find out what’s happening this week, visit Activities to find and post your thoughts in the current Merry Meet Monday.