Merry Meet Monday - Magick News for the Week! Aug 15 - 21 🌗

Merry Meet !

Welcome to your weekly update about what’s happening in both the forum and the witchy world at large :mage:

Here’s the news for this week:

Upcoming Events :spiral_calendar:

Mark your calendars so you don’t miss out on these one-day-only events!

[ [ Group Ritual : Together with Your Coven :infinite_roots: ] ]

Join in for a shared group ritual meditation and coven chat on Thursday, August 18th - this activity is open to all active coven members :tea:

Group Tea Ritual - Lammas

The group meditation ritual has step-by-step instructions that you can join in on your own schedule at any time during the day.

Group rituals are held every Thursday. Feel free to visit last week’s group ritual to get an idea about what to expect.

Please note that group rituals are hosted in A Sacred Space - you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access the ritual.

Don’t have an account yet? No worries! You can join Spells8 here :sparkles:

[ [ Moon Phase: Last Quarter Moon :last_quarter_moon: ] ]

On Friday, August 19th , we will be blessed by the light of the Last Quarter Moon.

Last-Quarter-Moon-Phase-Spells

The last quarter moon is a time of rest and the banishment of negative energies or forces in your life :broom: .

For more information about specific spells recommended for the last quarter moon, visit the guide Moon Magic: Spells for Every Lunar Phase: Last Quarter .

Waning-Moon-Magick-Ritual-Ideas-750x500

The Last Quarter Moon is a Waning Moon phase. For more Moon Magick and the best spells for this time of month, visit the Waning Moon Magick Guide :last_quarter_moon:

Ready for Moon Magick? You can find current moon information for your home as well as complementary spells and rituals to draw on its energy on the Spells8 Lunar Spell Page :sparkles:

[ [ Freebie Friday - Free Readings :flower_playing_cards: ] ]

Have a burning question on your mind? Seeking some guidance for how to best approach a problem? :thinking:

This is your chance to find some answers, as the talented @MeganB is kindly offering free readings via tarot and oracle cards! :crystal_ball:

Picture from Pexels

The next Freebie Friday post will be Friday, August 19th . For more information and to get an idea about what to expect, check out last week’s Freebie Friday :tada:

[ [ Other Events of Interest :mag: ] ]

A collection of curious (and perhaps conversation-starting!) events coming up this week that may or may not be witchy-related:

:spiral_calendar: For more witchy and pagan holidays in the near future, you can check out the 2022 Pagan Holiday Calendar and the free Spells8 Newsletter

Ongoing Activities :raised_hands:

These activities are open to enjoy whenever you’d like- feel free to partcipate anytime before their deadlines!

[ [ Weekly Witchy Challenge :trophy: ] ]

Every week, the forum hosts a challenge exploring one specific area of magick. Challenges are open to everyone and all are encouraged to participate in a way that reflects their unique magickal practice.

The current theme is: Multilingual Magick :speaking_head:

Multilingual lingo magick language spells words Spells8 Challenge

This challenge will close on Tuesday, August 16th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time) and a “Props and Presents” post will appear to give recognition and prizes to all participants :gift:

Are you ready? Join the current challenge here:

(As always, a brand new challenge will launch on Wednesday!)

[ [ Spells8 Book Club :books: ] ]

Calling all book lovers! The next reading period for the Spells8 book club is now in session!

Spells8 Book Club

You can find more details and submit your book to read in the current thread:

Please note that this reading period will end on Friday, August 5th .

And if you haven’t done so already, please feel free to share and swap your book reviews from last session in the current Reader’s discussion thread: :memo: Spells8 Book Club XIX - Readers’ Reviews!

More information about the book club and how to join can be found in Book Club F.A.Q and Introduction .

Happy Reading! :open_book:

[ [ Energy Exchange Circle :hugs: ] ]

Do you have a little extra love to share and are looking for ways to help out a fellow coven member? Or perhaps you’ve fallen on hard times and could use some positive vibes your way?

Spells8 Energy Exchange Circle

The Energy Exchange Circle is a great way to support and show love to coven members going through hard times. To do a good deed and show you care, consider leaving a note of support in the current thread:

More information about the coven’s wholesome energy exchange can be found in the Energy Exchange Wiki .

This month’s Energy Exchange Circle will end on Wednesday, August 31st .

Thanks for spreading the love! :heart:

[ [ Your Daily Draw :tarot_card: ] ]

Are you looking for a bit of higher guidance to help you out today? This collection of daily oracle card (as well as tarot and rune) readings is available for you to access and read thanks to the generosity of the coven :pray:

Spells8 Forum Daily Oracle Card Draws

To enjoy a daily message or share your own, visit:

Please note that this oracle discussion will close on Friday, September 30th .

[ [ Coven Member Birthdays :birthday: ] ]

Share the love by wishing your fellow coven members well on their special days!

Spells8 Coven Members Birthdays

Congratulate those with a birthday this month in the discussion:

Please keep in mind that this month’s birthday discussion will close on Wednesday, August 31st.

If you wish to appear in this list, please set your birthday on your profile. Additionally, please note that the birthday list is only visible to active coven members in A Sacred Space .

[ [ Tending the Flame :fire: ] ]

Stop by the fire and tend the flame with your coven- this ongoing discussion invites all to come in, relax, and pick up a bit of motivation and support for the day.

Share a picture of your own flames or simply enjoy the lights of the coven! :candle:

Tending Brigid Brighid's Flame Spells8

Help tend the flame and visit the discussion in:

The Brigid Flametender discussion remains open throughout the year- please feel free to enjoy this activity as often as you’d like!

Please remember that you must be logged into your active Spells8 account to access Brigid Flametender and all content within A Sacred Space .

New Members :wave:

Merry meet to all of the new members who joined the forum over the past week!

:infinite_roots: Welcome to the Forum and the Infinite Roots Coven! :infinite_roots:

@susan14, @Sam369, @madison14, @jackie6, @Medea, @AltheaSevens, @genevieve1, @lilith2, @aubry, @deborah17, @bethany8, @amber58, @kim15, @alicia24, @annalisa, @chelle2, @cheyenne6, @partin, @michelle64, @rose7, @elly, @tiffany35, @casey13, @rosalee, @LeatriceKay82, @dixie, @rachel37, @kristina14, @ariel6, @manitha, @danielle35, @erietta, @katie19, @arianna2, @daniel11, @latisha3, @elizabeth36, @giovanni, @alexandria2, @lisa60, @felo, @keyanna, @charles2, @shelly3, @jeremy2, @christina46, @kathryn23, @kat11, @Melora_Fae, @melissa49, @danielle36, @tara19, @katherine19, @victoria6, @demi, @jessica113, @britnie1, @jordan9, @jessika2, @april27, @diatra, @coleen, @nodica, @soul, @marie17, @talkdat, @desiree6, @karen18, @lynn4, @omar1, @daisy1, @tara20, @belinda1, @aly1, @helen6, @shawnette, @nicole48, @kirsty4, @gretchen4, @megan33, @melissa48, @kimbra, @monica12, @ronni1, @tiffany36, @stacy11, @maria23, @sandra15, @crystal48, @alyssa16, @magick1975, @ashley66, @candice9, @Jacky, @patricia23, @catherine11, @sofy, @naomi5, @christina47, @rachael10, @tara21, @jessica114

If you haven’t done so already, please feel free to say hello to your new coven by creating a new topic in the Introductions Category . Consider sharing a bit about who you are and your journey into practicing magick :sparkles:

We would all love to give you a warm welcome to the forum family! :hugs:

Special Shout-Outs :loudspeaker:

:raised_hands: FORUM ACTIVITY

Every week, those who share the most posts and give the most hearts receive an Activity Shout-Out. The top posters and sharers this week are:

• @jan_TheGreenWitch - for sharing the most posts and giving out the most hearts, on a two-week shout-out streak! :writing_hand: :heart:

Note : Those who receive Activity shout-outs for three weeks in a row are awarded the MMM Activity Badge and will not be counted in Activity shout-outs again for a two-month rest period.

Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom and inspiration through posts and your love and support through hearts- your time here helping the coven is greatly appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Also: a very big thank you to all members of Spells8 ! :infinite_roots:

Your contributions and love help to make this a welcoming and supportive place for solitary witches all around the world. Thanks for being here- Spells8 can’t exist without you! :sparkles:

Will you be doing any Last Quarter Moon magick this week? :last_quarter_moon_with_face: What spellwork will you be planning or working on in the coming days? :mage:

Whether it’s magickal or mundane, feel free to share your current happenings or give a shout-out to your fellow coven members in the comments below.

Blessed be! :last_quarter_moon: :sparkles:

14 Likes

Congratulations @jan_TheGreenWitch! :tada: I hope you are doing well :heartpulse: & thank you for all your contributions to the coven :infinite_roots:

I have a pretty easy going week. One appointment on Friday morning. :smiling_face:

This morning I made another Brigid’s Cross to hang in my home, I figured I drew it 3 times in a short amount of time that I should make one. :grin:

Yesterday I made a Heart Chakra oil & today I used it when I got ready for the day.

Oh I found this journal I think I’m going to use for my meditations or deity work… I have so many possibilities running through my head. :joy:

So a pretty quiet week minus the influx of 20,000 people for the road race this weekend. They come from all over the world. Runners from major marathons participate, it’s crazy :crazy_face: Basically I don’t leave my neighborhood all weekend :rofl:

9 Likes

Congrats @jan_TheGreenWitch!! You have given me so much information and are a great contributor to the Coven. :infinite_roots: Keep up the posts!

I don’t have much going on this week. I am stopping one of my medications and seeing what happens. I am trying to get off all my meds eventually. I discussed it with my doc and she said that I could stop it at once and that I shouldn’t have mild effects for maybe the first week (it’s for my migraines so there is the potential that they come back full force or that I have medication rebound headaches).

I am working on building daily/weekly routines, not just spiritually but in self-care as well. I am trying to do small things that will boost my confidence as well as make it easier for me to maintain my house.

I have completed my dedication and blessing of my new BoS but am trying to figure out how I want to write my spells/rituals/knowledge. I am thinking of using cursive with a felt tip pen since it is hand-made parchment paper. I might put the titles in calligraphy. Decisions, decisions. I am also going to attempt to draw a pentacle on my title page between the title and my craft name instead of printing one.

7 Likes

Congratulations @jan_TheGreenWitch :tada: :partying_face: :dizzy: :heart:
I love reading your posts and I thank you for sharing from your heart!

With love :heart: and hugs :people_hugging: always

9 Likes

I hope it goes well for you with the medication ending. I have had to go through that & currently am with a medication that I have to step down every few months. Rebound & breakthrough headaches aren’t fun, I hope it goes smoothly without those.

I have come off 3, 2 are at the lowest we can go for now & the step down one is on pause until my labs are done. They are fasting so… remembering not to go straight for coffee :coffee: is the hard part depending on what time I’m awake.

I’m kind of in the same process of finding self care, daily routines, I feel like once school starts back up, I’ll have a better idea of where things will fit. The summer is always hectic around here. :joy:

I have been able to keep up on at least 1 meditation & mood check in, 3 card daily draw… Celtic Tarot is still keeping me busy. I’ve started making time to read each afternoon. I had to go through Kindle to find some books I lost when my Unlimited subscription lapsed, so that was fun :rofl:

9 Likes

It’s going to be a great week! I hope everyone is well! I’m so excited because my sweet black kitty Cora (who got spayed recently) gets to take off her cone of shame tomorrow and gets her stitches out. Hoping she’s going to be less miserable (and a lot quieter!) soon!

My crew is slowly getting the back to school routine under our belts and some normalcy is returning to our lives! It’s so nice to be back in the swing of things!

9 Likes

Yay for no cone of shame!

I’m excited for the routine to come back. Here school starts in September, so they get out in June.

I agree, it feels like a great week!

8 Likes

Yes, I had those with a previous medication. I’m almost a week in and so far so good. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I have an appointment next week with blood work and I have to remember the same!!

7 Likes

Ooo… we can coach each other to get it done… :rofl:

7 Likes

Congratulations to @jan_TheGreenWitch! You’re rocking the coven while fighting your battles. You go! I admire you.

Oh, 20, 000 people. Is that all? LOL. Good luck surviving the madness!

Good luck with stopping the meds, @Amaris_Bane! And have fun with your BOS!

I hope you have pictures of the Cone of Shame! LOL! Poor kitty. She can’t help she looks like a martini glass. :cocktail:

Today has tired me out totally. Had 3 doctor appointments and while we were out my friend had her car serviced so that had me going into the garage. My first doctor was the vein doctor and he can’t help me with my legs because the insurance won’t pay for the surgery I need. I need stronger compression on my leg. Which really isn’t up to me, it’s up to home health. Sigh.

My second doctor wasn’t happy with that either but without help from the first doctor, she may not be able to get the sore in my leg healed. The insurance won’t pay for more skin grafts either. Sigh again.

The third doctor went better. It was just time for my visit with my regular doctor and to go in and get labs done. I’m glad I got them all done in one day, so I didn’t have to drag that out this week, but darn my legs hurt!

So I’m planning on resting this week, with the Moon. I came home and made like a tired squirrel and splooted in bed for a bit. LOL!

Oh, the cable man came and fixed up my living room tv where the box was hit by lightning last week. My bedroom was was fried though. Darn it. Oh well, a friend has an extra, small tv she’s going to give me. Sally and I just have to get this other one out first.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

8 Likes

I’m lowballing this year. It’s like the Boston or New York Marathon, just shorter… & they bring their family & friends :flushed: but still literally from all over the world :earth_americas: It’s a 7 mile race (11.3 km) & started in 1973.

The morning that day is impossible to leave the main road in my neighborhood to go into town or go anywhere near the coastal beaches. Its amazing & frustrating at the same time.

7 Likes

I know what you mean. On Bridge Day roughly 100,000 extra people flood into the area here. I used to despise working that day when I worked in fast food. Gah! Now I can hide! LOL!

8 Likes

Hello,
Jan thank you for sharing and all the contributions you given us! Namaste :pray:t4:

I am still waiting for the rest of my stuff in my storage and I thought I would have all my books by know!
I am getting ready to post my magick I have been stirring up! Sometimes I feel that is
Necessary to do some research! For example for me I have learning the tarot and am still learning to unpack the symbolism and the language of the tarot! Then I am reading a book it’s called “Planetary Magic” I should get involved with our book club to share more! Right know I just went to the Astroseek.comPlanetary Magic
I figure out where the planets are alighned then I figure out what energy I am working with Today. I worked with Murcury cause at the time Murcury was my planet! In the book planetary magic bye Denning and Phillips he states “Intelligent, communicative, discursive and device unresting dual or even multiple and aspect, but expressive of truth. Travel, calculation, analysis, and learning and teaching are among the expressions of the nature of the spear. This invincible and change full force of the wind is an apt symbol. Gifts of mercury are often freakish or a chance happenings!”So I made a amulet and a sigil! I am working with some herbs next and maybe some other correspondences! Let me not forget I threw in some
Sacred Geometry which is a language too!
I love to unpack the symbolism! Today I am working with the Octagon with a pentagram in the middle!

Today, I went to the doctor today to check my arm. There is a mole like thing on my inner left side of my arm. So the doctors are running test to see what it is! I hope it will be okay! My doctor asked me if I exercise and I said yes I do yoga and I also go roughly 1 to 2 times a day for a walk so I do exercise! I am happy to say that but this last week wasn’t that optimal. I did yoga like three times in a week or maybe even twice but I do do it so I give myself credit right where it’s due!
Jeannie

7 Likes

Oh look at you! Congratulations! :sparkles: :clap: :heart: I hope you’re doing alright – and thank you for all of your contributions to the forum!

@Susurrus – That’s way too many people for my tastes :laughing: I wouldn’t leave my house at all! I hope your appointment goes smoothly on Friday.

@Amaris_Bane – If you find a good way to build those routines, let me know :laughing: It’s like as soon as I wake up I’m go-go-go with the things needing doing during the day. One day I hope to bring my routines back so here’s all the good routine-having energy sent your way! :sparkles:

@AileyGrey – I love your positivity! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s definitely going to be great week :clap: It’s especially going to be great for your kitty who gets to remove their cone lol :cat:

@Amethyst – I’m sorry to hear that the doctors and insurance are giving you issues :people_hugging: It’s something I’m working with right now, too, in a different way. I hope they can get at least something to help you out! You’ve been dealing with these issues for a long time and I can only imagine how exhausting it is :heart:

@Jeannie1 – It sounds like you’re learning a lot about the planets and symbols right now! :ringer_planet: That’s something I definitely need to dig into a bit more. Symbolism is so interesting. :symbols: Here’s to hoping and crossing my fingers that the mole is just a mole :crossed_fingers: :sparkles:

8 Likes

Oh my! I hope it comes out okay. Will be thinking of you @Jeannie1!

Thanks! I at least got the doctor’s approval for a wheelchair for around the house. Now to get the insurance’s approval. I use a wheelchair instead of an office chair because it’s easier for me to sit in but mine is falling apart! LOL!

But yeah, I talked with Dr. O yesterday and her office is fussing at my home health so I think things will get better. Thanks, love! :heart:

8 Likes

Unless there is some kind of major evacuation of the Cape or a serious emergency… I won’t be going anywhere. I do my weekend grocery shopping early Friday morning for the entire weekend :laughing: It’s kind of a, Where do all of these people fit in town? type of situation. If I can I will take a couple of pictures of what driveways & yards look like as it gets closer to the weekend. It’s really kind of amazing that it draws so many people from so many places. When my son was on the football team they volunteered for the road race at water stations & cooling tents & things like that… it’s a good way to get involved… but way too many people for me. :rofl:

6 Likes

Update to the MMM:

The group ritual for this week is now live in the forum! For more details and the full ritual, please visit the full page here:

8-18 Connection Across the Miles Humanitarian Day

(Group Ritual - Aug 18) :handshake: Connection Across the Miles

We’re honoring World Humanitarian Day this week with a ritual to connect us across the world :earth_americas: You’re warmly invited to join your coven this Thursday for a meditation that connects us across the miles and share positive energy and a magickal cup of something tasty :heart: :tea:

Looking forward to seeing you then! Blessed be, Infinite Roots! :two_hearts:

9 Likes

Thanks Amethyst for thinking of me the doctor called me back they want me to see the dermatologist next week! Looking forward to having this thing removed! Thanks for your encouragement and blessings!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Oh my goodness @Jeannie1 I’m sorry I missed your entry earlier, I just returned to the forum. I do hope its benign & nothing to worry about, I’ll be thinking of you :heartpulse:

6 Likes